Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera! Empty
PostSubject: Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera!   Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 5:31 pm

Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera! 3000

Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera! 3000

Quote :
Despite the current predominance of digital formats in photography, Kodak is aiming to capitalise on what it calls the “analogue renaissance”, with a product launch at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. High-profile Swiss designer Yves Béhar has taken a lead role in the creation of the new camera.

Major directors have lined up to endorse Kodak’s new Super 8, many of whom used the format as teenagers in their first film-making attempts. Interstellar director Christopher Nolan said: “The news that Kodak is enabling the next generation of film-makers with access to an upgraded and enhanced version of the same analogue technology that first made me fall in love with cinematic storytelling is unbelievably exciting.” Star Wars: The Force Awakens director JJ Abrams – whose third feature, made in 2011, was called Super 8 – said: “While any technology that allows for visual storytelling must be embraced, nothing beats film … The fact that Kodak is building a brand new Super 8 camera is a dream come true.”

If I ever get 400 dollars, I'd pay for it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera!   Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 5:36 pm

B-B-B-BUTT EIGHT-KAY!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera!   Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 5:42 pm

Mecha wrote:
B-B-B-BUTT EIGHT-KAY!

Digital will always look digitalized. It's too artificial for me.

Film isn't just a screen; it looks like real people, real hair, real skin. 

Digital reminds me of video games.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera!   Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 5:46 pm

I wish film looked like it did back in the 60s, 70s, and 80s though. Film looks softer nowadays for some reason?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera!   Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 5:51 pm

Mecha wrote:
I wish film looked like it did back in the 60s, 70s, and 80s though. Film looks softer nowadays for some reason?

You want Film to look more like this:

Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera! Ferris_buellers_day_off

than this:

Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera! 20000347_72329_Still_3_s-high

???
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera!   Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 6:16 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

You want Film to look more like this:

Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera! Ferris_buellers_day_off

than this:

Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera! 20000347_72329_Still_3_s-high

???

It's kinda hard to explain. Like film back in the day had a certain texture to it that you rarely see in movies nowadays.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera!   Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 5:23 am

@Mecha

Oh, yeah, that's because of the "smoothing" of Film cameras today. After the digital revolution, Kodak tried to attract people who like the "clean" style of digital by making it an optional part of certain film cameras. It's the same reason that Inception looks less like Film than Intersteller, or why Hateful Eight looks less Film than Reservoir Dogs. It's an aesthetic choice that certain filmmakers prefer.

Then there's also the introduction of HD and computers which all transfer the original Film into a more digitalized-style.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera!   Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 5:31 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
@Mecha

Oh, yeah, that's because of the "smoothing" of Film cameras today. After the digital revolution, Kodak tried to attract people who like the "clean" style of digital by making it an optional part of certain film cameras. It's the same reason that Inception looks less like Film than Intersteller, or why Hateful Eight looks less Film than Reservoir Dogs. It's an aesthetic choice that certain filmmakers prefer.

Then there's also the introduction of HD and computers which all transfer the original Film into a more digitalized-style.

So there is no other way to make it look like it use to look? Gay!
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera!   Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 5:59 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
@Mecha

So there is no other way to make it look like it use to look? Gay!

Well, you could, but not with making it HD or editing on a computer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera!   Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kodak Releases Brand New Super 8mm Film camera!
Page 1 of 1