Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rate Each Star Wars Film

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Rate Each Star Wars Film R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Rate Each Star Wars Film Empty
PostSubject: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 12:28 pm

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace 6/10
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones 5.5/10
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith 7/10
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope 8/10
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back 8.5/10
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi 7.5/10
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Rate Each Star Wars Film PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 3:54 pm

They were all... alright.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 4:18 pm

Attack of the Clones is my least favorite. Some people may say The Phantom Menace is the worst, but Attack of the Clones bored the shit out of me the first time I saw it. Like WTF!? If there's something that Star Wars is not, it's boring. Also a lot of the SFX in Attack of the Clones are bad. That's when George Lucas started to go digital crazy, even though the technology wasn't fully there yet. Luckily, it improved by the time they started filming shooting Revenge of the Sith.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 9:52 pm

Mecha wrote:
Attack of the Clones is my least favorite. Some people may say The Phantom Menace is the worst, but Attack of the Clones bored the shit out of me the first time I saw it. Like WTF!? If there's something that Star Wars is not, it's boring. Also a lot of the SFX in Attack of the Clones are bad. That's when George Lucas started to go digital crazy, even though the technology wasn't fully there yet. Luckily, it improved by the time they started filming shooting Revenge of the Sith.
The good prequel was III, I don't remember the other two. I still need to get the the originals on Blu-Ray.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2015 10:09 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:
The good prequel was III, I don't remember the other two. I still need to get the the originals on Blu-Ray.

Revenge of the Sith was good. Could have been better if George Lucas edited out some of the weird dialogue...

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 12:22 pm

Mecha wrote:

None of the Star Wars prequels deserved to be rated anything higher than a 5.

@yonny616 None of the prequels were good. The Phantom Menace is an abomination of a film, Attack on the Clones is better but still shit with a terrible romance story thrown into it, and the Revenge of the Sith is average/mediocre film at best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 12:47 pm

The ONLY reason why people consider The Phantom Menace the worst in the series, is because of Jar Jar. That's it.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 9:12 pm

Archduke wrote:
Mecha wrote:

None of the Star Wars prequels deserved to be rated anything higher than a 5.

@yonny616 None of the prequels were good. The Phantom Menace is an abomination of a film, Attack on the Clones is better but still shit with a terrible romance story thrown into it, and the Revenge of the Sith is average/mediocre film at best.
Rate Each Star Wars Film Large

Seriously... RoS was fine.

Last edited by yonny616 on Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 9:15 pm

I say, watch the original films first, then the prequels.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 9:16 pm

There's really no point to watch the originals first if you know the twist.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 9:23 pm

yonny616 wrote:

Err... yes there is. The original films are actually the good ones. If you try to introduce Star Wars to someone without the prequels, they may be turned off by it and lose interest on watching the rest of the films. I know some people like that.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 11:17 am

Mecha wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Err... yes there is. The original films are actually the good ones. If you try to introduce Star Wars to someone without the prequels, they may be turned off by it and lose interest on watching the rest of the films. I know some people like that.
What I'm saying is it doesn't matter if you know the twist. Start with the prequel or originals, if you know the twist it doesn't matter. If you don't know the twist then in release order.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 1:01 pm

Mecha wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Revenge of the Sith was good. Could have been better if George Lucas edited out some of the weird dialogue...

I loved that line though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 1:34 pm

George Lucas should have just hired other directors to helm the prequels instead. Because Lucas has great ideas, but doesn't know how to execute them. He's not good at working with actors, he's not good at writing dialogue. That's why the originals were so good, because George Lucas was limited on what he wanted to do at the time. So he was forced to calibrate. But with the prequels, he had way too much freedom that you couldn't challenge him.

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 1:44 pm

Mecha wrote:
George Lucas should have just hired other directors to helm the prequels instead. Because Lucas has great ideas, but doesn't know how to execute them. He's not good at working with actors, he's not good at writing dialogue. That's why the originals were so good, because George Lucas was limited on what he wanted to do at the time. So he was forced to calibrate. But with the prequels, he had way too much freedom that you couldn't challenge him.
Rate Each Star Wars Film 362nvi
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 1:47 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Rate Each Star Wars Film 362nvi

DAMNIT GARRUS!

His calibrations keep cock-blocking the bromance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 2:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 3:11 pm

That won't be saying much, since well the prequels were pretty much all shit.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 4:50 pm

One thing is for sure though, it can't be worse than this...

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 7:17 pm

I'm going to marathon all six of the Star Wars films this week before The Force Awakens comes out. Just found all three prequel films online in full 1080p glory, and not messed with or edited to hell. Looks like I won't need to buy the blu-ray trilogy to watch them before I go see Episode VII in theaters next week. Though, I may get the blu-ray collection at some point just for collector's purposes. I only currently own Episodes II-VI and only on a DVD remastered set that came out ages ago. I'll also look for the original three online somewhere, since I wanna watch them in HD and I'm too lazy to buy the blu-ray's, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 7:49 am

Update. Okay, this is how I would rank the films on my list...

1. Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
2. Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope
3. Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
4. Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
5. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
6. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
7. Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

Like I said before in the other threads, I need to watch The Force Awakens a few more times. So this list might change the the future maybe. But this is how I feel for now.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 11:43 am

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back 9/10
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens 7/10
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi 7/10
Star Wars: Episode II - Revenge of the Sith 5/10
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones 4/10
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace 2/10

Last edited by Archduke on Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 10:26 pm

Does anyone else thinks The Force Awakens is the darkest Star Wars movie so far out of the seven films? Which is weird because this is also the funniest Star Wars movie as well.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 1:48 am

Maybe? Episode V was pretty dark as well.

I dunno, I just really want to re-watch that Episode VII at some point. With the mentioning of a New Republic being formed and the theory regarding Vader, I definitely need to see this film again.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 4:48 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate Each Star Wars Film   Rate Each Star Wars Film I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rate Each Star Wars Film
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next