Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor

Go down 
+4
RamboOnRedBull
Orion
Angelus
Mecha
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor Empty
PostSubject: Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor   Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 2:22 pm

Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor Ps_vit10

Quote :
With the current state of mobile gaming, a PlayStation Vita successor is not an option, according to Sony’s Shuhei Yoshida.
Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida was the star of a Q&A panel at EGX 2015 last week. In it, he was asked all kinds of questions, including whether we’ll be seeing a Vita 2 anytime soon.
According to Yoshida, the current mobile and handheld climate is “unhealthy”, pointing to the difficulty of selling dedicated handheld gaming hardware.
“People have mobile phones and it’s so easy to play games on smartphones. And many games on smartphones are free, or free to start.
“I myself am a huge fan of PlayStation Vita and we worked really hard on designing every aspect. Touch-based games are fun – there are many games with really good design. But having sticks and buttons make things totally different.
“So I hope, like many of you, that this culture of playing portable games continues but the climate is not healthy for now because of the huge dominance of mobile gaming.”
Sony has long since ceased first-party development for the Vita and is in fact considering it a legacy platform. Outside of a few Japanese games and indie ports, there aren’t really a lot of reasons to own one.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor   Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 2:27 pm

Mecha wrote:

Quote :
With the current state of mobile gaming, a PlayStation Vita successor is not an option, according to Sony’s Shuhei Yoshida.
Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida was the star of a Q&A panel at EGX 2015 last week. In it, he was asked all kinds of questions, including whether we’ll be seeing a Vita 2 anytime soon.
According to Yoshida, the current mobile and handheld climate is “unhealthy”, pointing to the difficulty of selling dedicated handheld gaming hardware.
“People have mobile phones and it’s so easy to play games on smartphones. And many games on smartphones are free, or free to start.
“I myself am a huge fan of PlayStation Vita and we worked really hard on designing every aspect. Touch-based games are fun – there are many games with really good design. But having sticks and buttons make things totally different.
“So I hope, like many of you, that this culture of playing portable games continues but the climate is not healthy for now because of the huge dominance of mobile gaming.”
Sony has long since ceased first-party development for the Vita and is in fact considering it a legacy platform. Outside of a few Japanese games and indie ports, there aren’t really a lot of reasons to own one.

Lol, your bias is showing, VG247.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor   Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 5:11 pm

a shame, such wasted potential. loved my psp.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor   Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2015 5:15 pm

Angelus wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Quote :

Lol, your bias is showing, VG247.

It's pretty dead in terms of new support for a relatively new-ish handheld.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor   Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Maybe it would be doing better if you know, Sony was actually releasing games for it. The 3DS has sold 54 million, so this excuse they're making about mobile games is bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor   Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 7:24 pm

Sony just needs to pressure their first party developers to make stand alone games for the PSvita. If they do that, it could be a gold mine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor   Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 9:48 pm

Teckno wrote:
Sony just needs to pressure their first party developers to make stand alone games for the PSvita. If they do that, it could be a gold mine.

Nah, had a great lineup and upcoming games at launch. The price killed it.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor   Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 10:06 pm

2Sugoi2Die wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Nah, had a great lineup and upcoming games at launch. The price killed it.

Yeah, I know. I mean now.

Also if they weren't so fucking stingy with their propriety memory, it might be more appealing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor   Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 9:43 pm

That's fine with me, focus all your time and money on the system that is selling. So i may get more games i want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor   Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony isn't planning to make a Vita successor
Page 1 of 1