Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV

Go down 
+2
Orc
Angelus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV Empty
PostSubject: Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV   Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 7:39 pm

Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV E39

Quote :
Steam Machines

A slew of new Steam Machines will be coming this November, from Alienware, Falcon Northwest, CyberPowerPC, and other hardware manufacturers that Valve has partnered with. These Steam Machines will start at the same price point as game consoles, but will have higher performance, Valve claims.

The selling point of Steam Machines is that, unlike gaming consoles, consumers aren’t limited to a specific set of hardware. Each Steam Machine’s price is simply a starting point, from which customers can deviate (higher or lower) by choosing alternative components.

Yey, a console that lets me constantly deal with Steam's bullshit.

Quote :
Steam Controller

The Steam Controller will release alongside the Steam Machines this November, and it will be available for purchase separately for USD$49.99 in North America. International prices will be announced closer to release.

A controller that trumps all pro-life arguments:
Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV Steam-controller-new-2015-03-03-1024x576
http://nichegamer.com/2015/03/valve-prices-and-dates-steam-machines-controller-and-link-for-november/

There's also the Steam link, which is pretty much a shitty Vita TV that can only do remote play, lol. Not worth the effort of copy-pasting.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV   Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 7:50 pm

You know what, for a while this steambox stuff piqued my interest.
But man, fuck this shit. Might as well play on a phone touch screen.

Also a concave design? Does he understand the cramps you'll get from that shit? There's a reason just about every controller has a convex shape. If you want proof, grab your nearest controller, turn it back to front and hold it as if the back is the front. That's what this steam machine controller will feel like. lol

God it's worse every time I look at it. Even those directional buttons. This is worse than the ouya controller!
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV   Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 8:16 pm

Yeah, I was expecting it to be a legitimate competitor to consoles, but that controller is absolute garbage. We'd be better off going back to the NES controller. Really not sure who would ever think replacing joysticks with touchpads is a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV   Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 8:21 pm

Angelus wrote:
Yeah, I was expecting it to be a legitimate competitor to consoles, but that controller is absolute garbage.  We'd be better off going back to the NES controller.  Really not sure who would ever think replacing joysticks with touchpads is a good idea.

I think Gaben has his heads in the clouds. If he'd spent more than 5 minutes with a controller he'd realize that there are REASONS why they are designed the way they are. There's a reason why there's a standard format for controllers these days, and why even somewhat popular deviations (the wii mote, the playstation move, etc) have pretty much died out.

Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV   Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 8:29 pm

Alienware lol.

So they are going to have three different hardware competitors to make these home gaming consoles. Sounds like Gabe just want to make his own console war.

Anyways, Steam Machine will probably be a hit and miss instead. It's practically a home console version but comes with all the bullshit that PC gaming comes with. I wouldn't be surprised if they made new versions of Steam Machines yearly.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV   Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 8:32 pm

These niche devices almost always fail.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV   Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 8:35 pm

DaTeckno wrote:
These niche devices almost always fail.

I'll consider a preorder if it came with a framed photo of Gabe.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV   Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 8:39 pm

I still believe it COULD be good. They need to really strip it down though. Make ONE universal, dedicated interface. Big picture mode basically but obviously better.
Don't give the same freedoms as PC because more freedoms = more processes = more downloads = more bullshit.
Restrictions are key.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV   Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 7:38 pm

Quote :
Steam confirms these PCs will be available in November, 2015, and prices range from USD$479.99 to USD$4,999.99. Some of the companies offer one specific build, others offer a range of builds at specific price points, and yet others have a more customizable offering. All will come with SteamOS, Valve’s own OS based on the Linux kernel, and with a Steam Controller.

http://nichegamer.com/2015/03/valves-new-steam-machines-prices-hardware-specs-and-photos/

$5k... My laptop was 700 and it has better specs than most of these...
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV   Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 1:09 am

Lol talk about flooding the market with different brands and models. Almost like buying one of those 'gaming branded' PC's and laptops.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV   Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 10:00 am

lawd
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV   Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 4:31 pm

Oops!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV   Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 5:56 pm

Console controller compatibility pls.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV   Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 2:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV   Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 1:12 am

Um... Ew.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV   Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 1:32 am

WTF is steam doing? FFS I was genuinely interested in the Steam Machine and they are fucking it up. Release one console for $400-$500, make it compatible with playstation and xbox controllers and mouse +keyboard and put Steam on it. Then release upgrade kits or something every 2 or 3 years that people can voluntarily buy and install. Why is this so hard Sad

I guess we have been taking PS and Xbox controllers for granted. I mean when you look at the ouya, madcatz, and steam controllers, it seems companies have a really hard fucking time making decent controllers.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV   Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 1:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV   Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaben still doesn't know how to make good controllers, copies Vita TV
Page 1 of 1