Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success"

Go down 
+2
Archduke
Jack the Spectre
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success" Empty
PostSubject: Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success"   Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 12:58 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/jan/05/sony-andrew-house-tough-year
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success" XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success"   Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Well, Sony is fucked.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success"   Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:23 pm

LOL @ the pic. Vita will be a success for gamers, but a failure compared to 3DS sales.

Still tho, Sony should be able to make a nice profit off of the Vita in the long run.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success"   Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 5:00 pm

Considering that you can get the PS3 for a cheaper price than the Vita, it's no wonder it ain't selling well. Not to mention the lack of games at launch. Sony really needs to cut the price down to at least $200-$250.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success"   Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 5:33 pm

Mecha wrote:
Considering that you can get the PS3 for a cheaper price than the Vita, it's no wonder it ain't selling well. Not to mention the lack of games at launch. Sony really needs to cut the price down to at least $200-$250.
With around 30 launch games having one of the biggest line up including its biggest killer app uncharted a lack of games? :what:
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success" 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success"   Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 5:52 pm

I think what's killing the launch right now is the date.Sony should have learned from Nintendo Not to launch their handheld in early Q1
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success"   Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Mecha wrote:
With around 30 launch games having one of the biggest line up including its biggest killer app uncharted a lack of games? :what:

Oops! I forgot it already came out in Japan. Still, the Japanese would rather buy games from their native land instead. Also, 30 launch games? I went through a whole list of Vita games, and it didn't seem that much.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success"   Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 6:37 pm

Giving the 3DS an entire holiday season to gain huge amounts of sales on the back of Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land was Sony's biggest mistake. The high price point is another mistake. Vita will likely be launching around the same time as the iPad 3 and whether you believe it or not, is a major competitive to the handheld market.

Uncharted Golden Abyss is not a killer app, its a toned down version of an experience that you can get on the PS3, for a lower price. It does not take advantage of the Vita's actual features.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success"   Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success" I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 7:18 pm

All that money wasted on a handheld, it seems to me that Android/Smartphones have taking over, a complete waste.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success"   Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony: "A lot rests on Vita's success"
Page 1 of 1