Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW Empty
PostSubject: Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW   Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 4:20 am

Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW Jasonb10

Quote :
It was reported last year that the Friday the 13th franchise was eyeing a potential return to the small screen. Today, Deadline confirms that the new Friday the 13th series has found a home at The CW, where it is being actively developed by “The Pretender” creators Steven Long Mitchell and Craig W. Van Sickle. Speaking with the former talent, Legion of Leia learned quite a bit about the shape the new Friday the 13th series plans to take.
Unlike the late ’80s television show that borrowed only a name from the slasher film franchise, the new Friday the 13th series will have a direct tie to Jason Voorhees and Crystal Lake.
“I don’t think we really wanted to do a show about a guy with a machete chasing girls in tube tops,” Long Mitchell tells the outlet. “We couldn’t do that on a weekly basis… So what ends up happening is, a cop comes into town, looking for his brother. He realizes his brother was there searching into the past murders, and realizes that his personal story is tied into Jason’s personal story.”
It sounds like the new Friday the 13th series will take place in a world where there was an actual Friday the 13th film franchise. The films were simply inspired by actual events.
“What we’re going to do is basically acknowledge that the people came to this town after these killings happened,” Long Mitchell explains, “and they made all these movies. And now the town has a stigma. Our show is, ‘Here’s the true story. Here’s the real story of Jason.’ It’s been taken and exploited. So we have the young crowd who doesn’t know who he is except for what they’ve seen in the movies. The older crowd is afraid of him. We have a lot of people who have scars from him. The underlying thematic of the whole thing is that Jason is a monster in this town. He openly wears a mask. But everybody in this town wears a mask. Underneath those is the monster.”
Friday the 13th is also headed to the big screen with an untitled 13th chapter slated to hit the big screen on May 16, 2016. Check back for updates on both iterations as they become available.

Source: ComingSoon.net

I don't know how to feel about this? Then again, I said the same about Hannibal when it was first announced. Plus horror seems to be doing pretty good on television right now.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW   Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 9:34 am

MTV is doing fine with Scream. I wonder how they'll update this. I wonder if CW will put it on Friday nights. lol
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW   Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 9:45 am

Scream (the TV series) is OKAY for what it is. It's kinda hard being too harsh at it, since the show is self-aware of what it is. But yeah. MTV has Scream, Starz has Ash vs. Evil Dead, The CW has Friday the 13th, NBC has... Sad
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW   Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 10:53 am

Mecha wrote:
Scream (the TV series) is OKAY for what it is. It's kinda hard being too harsh at it, since the show is self-aware of what it is. But yeah. MTV has Scream, Starz has Ash vs. Evil Dead, The CW has Friday the 13th, NBC has... Sad

The MTV Scream show is mediocre at its finest. This new Friday the 13th will be equally mediocre like almost every horror show/movie, nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW   Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 10:56 am

@RamboOnRedBull Not all. Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW   Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 11:01 am

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Not all. Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW 2505020059

I agree that shows like Hannibal and movies like Babadook and It Follows truly stand out for being bold and unique, but that's where it ends as well.

The Horror genre could be great again, but right now, most of what it produces is just chash-grabs.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW   Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 11:05 am

@RamboOnRedBull Wait a minute, so you're finally saying Hannibal is above average? DSP2
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW   Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 11:08 am

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Wait a minute, so you're finally saying Hannibal is above average? DSP2

The first season was average, but the second one had some good moments, though, that I really enjoyed. I'm not the biggest fan of the show, but I can still see where it brings unique and different things to the table.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW   Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 11:42 am

@RamboOnRedBull Would be interesting to see your thoughts on Hannibal: Season 3. Because some fans are complaining that season 3 is trying to be a little too artsy. Also season 3 adapts the Red Dragon story and the third book story, with some elements of Hannibal Rising, all into one season.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW   Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 12:45 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Would be interesting to see your thoughts on Hannibal: Season 3. Because some fans are complaining that season 3 is trying to be a little too artsy. Also season 3 adapts the Red Dragon story and the third book story, with some elements of Hannibal Rising, all into one season.

When people say: "It's too artsy" or "It's too mainstream", all it shows is that they have a limited taste in what they watch. I don't mind anything that's artsy or mainstream, so I'm sure it won't detract form my own opinion on the 3rd season.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW   Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 12:53 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Same. Season 3 is the most artsy out of all the seasons, but that doesn't make it a bad thing. The only problem I would say I have with season 3, is that it feels a bit too crammed. But I think that's because Bryan Fuller knew that the show was going to be cancelled. So he decided to put everything into season 3.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW   Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 1:36 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

The MTV Scream show is mediocre at its finest. This new Friday the 13th will be equally mediocre like almost every horror show/movie, nowadays.
Scream's been mediocre since the sequel, as is Friday The 13th, but as long as it has some great death scenes I'll probably tune in.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW   Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 1:42 pm

yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Scream's been mediocre since the sequel, as is Friday The 13th, but as long as it has some great death scenes I'll probably tune in.

Scream 4 was actually decent enough. Its main problem was that it didn't apply its own logic to its own movie, but it was better than the other sequels, nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW   Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 1:56 pm

I think the first eight Friday the 13th movies are fun for what they are. The ones after are mediocre. My favorite Friday the 13th movie is part VI.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW   Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friday the 13th TV series is coming to The CW
Page 1 of 1