Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th

Go down 
4 posters

Which franchise is the best?
 A Nightmare on Elm Street
 Friday the 13th
View results
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th Empty
PostSubject: A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th   A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 12:41 am

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th   A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 5:33 am

The original Nightmare on Elm Street is miles better than the Friday the 13th crap. That said, both franchises turned to shit after their first films.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th   A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 8:51 am

Meh. The original Friday the 13th wasn't all that great either. I mean, I love the first film and all, but some of the sequels are just as good, if not better. I much prefer Friday the 13th, Part VI: Jason Lives over the original.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th   A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 12:07 pm

Nightmare on Elm Street for sure.

Halloween, Texas Chainsaw, and Scream are better than both, however.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th   A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 12:18 pm

Pretty much all horror films suck. The Exorcist is still the best horror film.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th   A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 12:53 pm

@Teckno I disagree. The first Halloween film feels kinda dated and the franchise has some major continuity problems. Also they come up with the most stupidest ways to bring back Michael Myers to the point where it ruined the franchise for me. I do like Texas Chainsaw Massacre (except for the last movie which was god-awful) and Scream franchises. But I don't think they made the same impact as the Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th have done.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th   A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 1:38 pm

Teckno wrote:
Nightmare on Elm Street for sure.

Halloween, Texas Chainsaw, and Scream are better than both, however.

I LOVE Halloween. That film began the low-budget horror success that every horror director has tried to replicate ever since. It's insane when you think about the impact it's had, to be honest.

Then again, slasher horror would never exist was it not for Hitchcock's Psycho. :)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th   A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 1:42 pm

Psycho > Halloween
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th   A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 1:45 pm

Mecha wrote:
Psycho > Halloween

Obviously. It's kind of an unfair comparison, though, considering who did what compared to the other.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th   A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 3:19 pm

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/479969-halloween-returns-director-wants-gillian-jacobs-for-the-lead

SEE! This is what I'm talking about. They are starting a new continuity AGAIN for the third (or fourth) time. Halloween has worse continuity problems than the X-Men films.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th   A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 3:28 pm

Mecha wrote:
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/479969-halloween-returns-director-wants-gillian-jacobs-for-the-lead

SEE! This is what I'm talking about. They are starting a new continuity AGAIN for the third (or fourth) time. Halloween has worse continuity problems than the X-Men films.

It kind of sounds pretty good from that description, actually, haha!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th   A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 3:33 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Never said it was bad. But it seems like every time they want to reboot Halloween, it always has to take place years after Halloween II. A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th 725796345
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th   A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 3:48 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Never said it was bad. But it seems like every time they want to reboot Halloween, it always has to take place years after Halloween II. A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th 725796345

They got a lot worse after that one, anyway. Even then, the second one is a lot worse than the first one. A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th 725796345
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th   A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 5:40 pm

Isn't Friday the 13th also being made into a CW show?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th   A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 5:49 pm

@yonny616 Yes. Seems like every horror franchise is getting a TV show nowadays. Only Friday the 13th is getting a brand new movie, new video game, and a new TV series as well.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th   A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2015 6:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th   A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Nightmare on Elm Street vs. Friday the 13th
Page 1 of 1