Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? Empty
PostSubject: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 8:13 pm

Pick anyone except for The Joker. Because it's most likely he'll be in it anyway, considering he'll escape from prison in the upcoming Suicide Squad film.

Okay, I want to see Red Hood! INB4 Orion says it sux.

Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? Rh-is-10
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 9:54 pm

Why is this in the debate section?

Anyway, they should adapt under the red hood if they actually make nods towards him, if not Court of Owls. Fucking love that story.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 3:07 am

Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? Untitl10

Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? 121042101
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 12:26 pm

He's obviously a troll.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 12:37 pm

Anyways, I really do hope they do Red Hood next. Could be DC's version of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but better.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 5:47 pm

Bane
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 5:55 pm

Hopefully, they cast an actual Latino to play Bane this time.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 9:43 pm

Honestly, too early for Bane along with someone "new". Maybe Mr. Fries or Riddler finally gets their time to shine. Black Mask, Penguin, Hush, Professor Pyg, many possibilities. Bane's been done well, we don't need to use him again.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 10:04 pm

I don't see Riddler, Black Mask, and Penguin much of a threat to Batman anymore. If this was Batman in his early days, maybe. But this is an older and more experienced Batman who takes on aliens, gods, and the whole Justice League. Time for Batman to fight off more obscure villains like Red Hood, Court of Owls, and Hanni... err... Calendar Man.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 10:19 pm

Mecha wrote:
I don't see Riddler, Black Mask, and Penguin much of a threat to Batman anymore. If this was Batman in his early days, maybe. But this is an older and more experienced Batman who takes on aliens, gods, and the whole Justice League. Time for Batman to fight off more obscure villains like Red Hood, Court of Owls, and Hanni... err... Calendar Man.
Saying Riddler, Black Mask, and Penguins aren't "credible" threats because Batman is fighting Superman is retarded. By that logic he can't take anyone on in his rogues gallery because he's already leveled up to being able to take on Superman.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 10:39 pm

@yonny616 Not as retarded as having Batman beat up Superman, yet have trouble fighting off Riddler and Penguins. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. >_> Also it's not just Superman. Batman will be fighting other really big threats before he gets his stand-alone movie. But going backwards to fight off villains like Riddler and Penguins after Batman fights off aliens and gods? See, this is why every Batman movie that comes after having The Joker, doesn't come out as good. Because no Batman villain can top the evilness of The Joker. Which is why you have to get different kinds of villains for Batman to fight off.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 2:10 am

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Not as retarded as having Batman beat up Superman, yet have trouble fighting off Riddler and Penguins. Yeah, that makes perfect sense. >_> Also it's not just Superman. Batman will be fighting other really big threats before he gets his stand-alone movie. But going backwards to fight off villains like Riddler and Penguins after Batman fights off aliens and gods? See, this is why every Batman movie that comes after having The Joker, doesn't come out as good. Because no Batman villain can top the evilness of The Joker. Which is why you have to get different kinds of villains for Batman to fight off.
Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? CfD5BWr

First off, you don't know whether Batman beats up Superman. Second, Riddler, Penguin and a large sum, if not most, of Batman's rogues have never been physical threats to Batman, but to Gotham itself. Third, according to you there can NEVER be a solo Batman film in this universe because none of his villains are on Superman's, or any "big threats" in JL, fucking level. And finally, what the are you talking about? People love The Joker because he's an entertaining character, not because "they can't top his evilness". Yes, different villains in BATMAN's rogues gallery, but again according to you that can't happen because none of his villains are on Superman's fucking level. So YES, it's fucking retarded and trying to downplay how stupid that is stupid in of itself.

P.S. According to you they can't do Lex Luthor since he isn't on Superman's Zod's fucking level.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 8:30 am

@yonny616 Oh come on! Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is obviously influenced by Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. You honestly think Zack Snyder isn't going to recreate that scene in live-action? The villains don't need to be physically threatening to face off Batman, but rather make them personal. Like Lex Luthor for example. He's nowhere near as strong as Superman, but between him and Superman is very personal compare to most of the villains who are a lot more powerful. As for The Joker, every time they use him on film, they always make the villains that appear after him more evil. Even though in the comics they aren't really that evil. It's obvious that the filmmakers try to top Joker's level of threat by making the other villain more evil, but fail in the end.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 10:26 am

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Oh come on! Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is obviously influenced by Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. You honestly think Zack Snyder isn't going to recreate that scene in live-action? The villains don't need to be physically threatening to face off Batman, but rather make them personal. Like Lex Luthor for example. He's nowhere near as strong as Superman, but between him and Superman is very personal compare to most of the villains who are a lot more powerful. As for The Joker, every time they use him on film, they always make the villains that appear after him more evil. Even though in the comics they aren't really that evil. It's obvious that the filmmakers try to top Joker's level of threat by making the other villain more evil, but fail in the end.
It's an influence on certain things, but mostly on Batman's character, not exactly on the story nor on Superman's character. Snyder Re-create what? The fight? Yes, we seen it will happen, but will it end in a similar fashion? We don't know. According to you they do. After all, Batman would have fought Superman and no one in his rogues is on Superman's level. How do they fail? They always manage to top his evilness in films, Bane blow up Gotham after making them think they'll live, Penguin killing the firstborn(?). What they don't top is his entertaining character. Again, people like Joker because he's entertaining. It's the same reason people like Loki and none of the other villains in MCU.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 11:00 am

Doctor Hurt would be pretty cool, they could attempt to do an adaption of Batman RIP
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 11:46 am

@yonny616 Way to completely ignore what I said. You can't top Superman's god-like powers. So your only option is to go with the more personal enemies. Also really? Bane and Penguin topped Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger's Jokers? Don't kid yourself. Jack Nicholson's Joker is considered one of the greatest film villains of all time by the American Film Institute, and Heath Ledger won an Oscar for his portrayal of The Joker. So don't kid yourself. By the way, Kingpin is a much better villain than Loki.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 12:06 pm

Kingpin was like a fat baby autist, he was a great villain until like near the end where he became a giant faggot
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 12:10 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Way to completely ignore what I said. You can't top Superman's god-like powers. So your only option is to go with the more personal enemies. Also really? Bane and Penguin topped Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger's Jokers? Don't kid yourself. Jack Nicholson's Joker is considered one of the greatest film villains of all time by the American Film Institute, and Heath Ledger won an Oscar for his portrayal of The Joker. So don't kid yourself. By the way, Kingpin is a much better villain than Loki.
That's exactly what you've been saying. It doesn't matter if it's as personal as someone digging up Batman's parents and stealing their corpses, according to YOU it'd be retarded if he has to deal with anyone in his rogues because they aren't on Superman's level. Do you even read? They topped the "evilness". Penguin wanting to kill the firstborn children in Gotham is way more fucked up than gassing the city with laugh gas. Bane giving the city hope that they'll survive by not interfering but still going to blow them the fuck up anyway is more fucked up than just causing mayhem in Gotham. Again, people like Joker because he's an entertaining character, personality wise, to watch, not because of the fucked up shit he does.
Spoiler:
Better, evil-er, villain? Sure, maybe. More entertaining? Nope. So shut the fuck up with the "don't kid yourself". You sound pretentious and pompous as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Deathstroke, Red Hood (but how would he work if there is no Joker?)
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 1:28 pm

@yonny616 Nope

@Teckno Who says there is no Joker? The Joker has already existed for years in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. But he won't make his first full appearance until the film Suicide Squad. This is the same Joker that Ben Affleck's Batman is going to face.....

Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? Cdzbue11

Also Deathstroke is rumored to appear in Suicide Squad as well.

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 1:39 pm

He is facing that Joker? Ugh. He doesn't even have the iconic cut lips.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 1:54 pm

@Teckno That's because this Joker is based on Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns version of The Joker. He's another look at him...

Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? Leto-j10

Here's Ben Affleck's Batman trying to capture The Joker in Suicide Squad...

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 2:24 pm

@Mecha You have no idea what you are talking about, that Lil Wayne Joker is nothing like TDKR Joker
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 2:45 pm

Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? Tumblr11

Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? Harley10

You're right, Orion. They look nothing alike. eye roll
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 3:57 pm

His hair is a little too well groomed for a man who is all about chaos and doesn't give a fuck.

Not sure why DC is making their villains look so weird and dumb. Joker and now Lex Luther.

Last edited by Teckno on Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?   Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who should be the villain(s) for Ben Affleck's upcoming Batman film?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next