Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FOX Wants Bryan Singer For FANTASTIC FOUR 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

FOX Wants Bryan Singer For FANTASTIC FOUR 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

FOX Wants Bryan Singer For FANTASTIC FOUR 2 Empty
PostSubject: FOX Wants Bryan Singer For FANTASTIC FOUR 2   FOX Wants Bryan Singer For FANTASTIC FOUR 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 7:56 pm

FOX Wants Bryan Singer For FANTASTIC FOUR 2 122481
Quote :
The spread of cinematic universes is real. Every studio wants one and is willing to die trying in order to get one launched. Envious of the box office performance Marvel has made for itself over the last seven years, they continue to mine the intellectual properties they have under their control for something that has the capacity to support such a large-scale brand imprint that can span core franchises, spinoffs, standalones, crossovers and the like. It’s the type of thing that got Sony into trouble trying to build THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN series into something it couldn’t handle being on the backs of just one superhero, but that 20th Century Fox still has their sights set on, given the premiere standing of both the X-Men and the Fantastic Four in geek communities. However, using some common threads, much like Marvel has, they think they have a better understanding of how to put it all together and achieve a shared superhero universe of their own… and it involves Bryan Singer.

According to my sources, Fox is looking to move quickly following the release of Josh Trank’s FANTASTIC FOUR reboot at the beginning of August toward making a sequel happen, sans Trank. While they are not as high on the completed film as they were the concept when they first gave it the green light, the studio understands the value the Fantastic Four holds for them in the grand scheme of things. I’ve been told they view FANTASTIC FOUR as a decent introduction to the new direction its characters will be taking, one good enough to build upon rather than scrap in favor of yet another restart in a few years. And with the bad blood Fox has bubbling with Marvel, given their squashing of the X-Men and FF brands in recent months, you won’t see them working together to incorporate them into the same cinematic universe anytime soon.

So how does Bryan Singer factor into the equation? Fox is hoping to get Singer to take the directorial reins for FANTASTIC FOUR 2, following X-MEN: APOCALYPSE, in order to get the franchise on the right path moving forward where this time they can get more than two mediocre movies out of the property. Now that he’s guided X-MEN to success on two separate occasions (although let’s give Matthew Vaughn credit where it is due for FIRST CLASS), they, along with producer Simon Kinberg, would like his steady hand to usher the Fantastic Four to a more established position, so that when they press on with the Fantastic Four/X-Men crossover event they have in their plans for 2018, they aren’t out of place and just there, but a major and equal part of their budding cinematic universe.

Fox recognizes the need for a distinct vision in order to make this all work, understanding the value of someone like Kevin Feige over at Marvel while watching some of the chaos surrounding Warner Bros.’ handling of their DC superheroes. They believe the one-two punch of Kinberg and Singer is exactly what is needed for what they’ve got.

After X-MEN: APOCALYPSE lands in theatres next May, Singer’s directing schedule appears to be free, but we’ve seen Singer walk away from a franchise before when he thought the window was too tight in order for him to make the quality film of his liking. But if he’s perhaps given a back-to-back shoot in order to helm both the FANTASTIC FOUR sequel and the X-Men crossover, in order to get them screen ready for 2017 and 2018, would that change the game a bit in his favor? We’ll find out, but Fox is ready to sit down and have that conversation to know for sure, if it means getting the guy they want to do their cinematic universe correctly.
http://thisisinfamous.com/fox-wants-bryan-singer-to-direct-fantastic-four-2-x-men-crossover-exclusive/

I'm fine with this. It should be interesting to see a Singer Fantastic Four film. I think the FoX-Men and Foxtastic Four (stupid puns, I know) are going to be a sort of dimensional crossover.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

FOX Wants Bryan Singer For FANTASTIC FOUR 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

FOX Wants Bryan Singer For FANTASTIC FOUR 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOX Wants Bryan Singer For FANTASTIC FOUR 2   FOX Wants Bryan Singer For FANTASTIC FOUR 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 4:36 am

I don't know? This feels kinda forced.
Back to top Go down

FOX Wants Bryan Singer For FANTASTIC FOUR 2
Page 1 of 1