Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?

Go down 
+5
Archduke
yonny616
The_Biotic_God
Orion
Mecha
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   Empty
PostSubject: Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?    Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 2:49 am

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?    Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 6:23 am

It was awful, by far one of their worst conferences ever, I was actually laughing at how bad it was. It started off fucking great with The Last Guardian and Horizon and then went to absolute shit. Disney Fucking Infinity and "THE NEW HOME OF CALL OF DUTY". FF7 announcement was fucking epic as shit and the best moment, but we know it's a multiplat, Sony aren't selling me on the PS4. Shenmue 3 announcement had me hype until we found out it was a kickstarter advertisement. Unkarted looked good but more of the same AND THEY COULDNT EVEN MAKE IT WORK PROPERLY LMFAO.

Overall this conference was shit, I was bored out of my mind most of the time and when not that getting unnecessarily hyped and then colossally disappointed and then laughing with laughter at how bad it was.

If I had to rate it I'd give it a E+
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?    Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 10:41 am

Everything they showed isn't coming out until at least 2016. Knowing Sony, some of those titles will be delayed.

For 2015 Sony has nothing. But that's not new.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?    Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 11:35 am

Best conference of the night. No Man's Sky is the best thing ever.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?    Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 11:41 am

Sony had a great showing. Dropped bombshell after bombshell, GOTY game after GOTY game, and revealed to the world some very awesome new exclusive IP's. Plus, FF7 remake which was a long time coming. Good job for Sony and the PS4. Horizon, Dreams, and No Man's Sky all look fantastic.

BTW, Sony's not funding Shenmue III, probably due to the fact that they blew all their money on Activision getting Call of Duty exclusivity on their side. Though oddly enough, it's only coming to PS4 and PC. No Xbone or Wii U.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?    Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 12:00 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?    Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 5:26 pm

That dude is jacked as fuck....
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?    Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 6:58 am

Archduke wrote:
BTW, Sony's not funding Shenmue III, probably due to the fact that they blew all their money on Activision getting Call of Duty exclusivity on their side. Though oddly enough, it's only coming to PS4 and PC. No Xbone or Wii U.

It turns out that Sony is funding Shenmue 3 after all. They are just using Kickstarter to see if people are really hyped for the game. Either that, or the developers want even more money.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?    Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 7:22 am

Never played the other Shenmue games and I liked FF4, FF6 and FF9 better than 7 so I wasn't as hyped. The Last Guardian was really it for me, and only that. Seeing PS4 as the new home of cawwadoody actually made PS4 look even worse to me now.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?    Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 9:22 am

It was nice to see Last Guardian finally coming out.

Horizon was a breath of fresh air.

The Media Molecule game scared me, seeing that thing come to life was unsettling, but i cant wait to see what people create.

FF7 blew everyone away

Shenmue, have not played the game but im excited to see what the fuzz is about, a remaster of 1&2 would b ideal.

Uncharted 4 got me even more excited for it.

I was really hoping to see Gran Turismo or whatever the GOW devs are working on.

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?    Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 10:07 am

I don't see the big deal about FF7 remake, 4and 6 blow it away. Anyways they are changing the gameplay and story and adding the characters from the spinoffs into the story so i think people will end up disappointed.

I had a look at Shenmue gameplay and it just seems like cutscenes and QTE.

Horizon and The Last Guardian looked great though, as did the Boba Fett exclusive Amiibo.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

in front of computer

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?    Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 10:24 am

I think most people like FF7 because it was their first FF game. Or maybe because it was the first FF in 3D.

Its the most requested FF remake, cant really argue with that.

I dont know anything about Shenmue, but any game requested enough to come back is worth trying just to see what the hype is about. I enjoyed Heavy Rain and Beyond so im somewhat excited, gonna wait on reviews tho. I understand that its not appealing to the masses.

True...Boba Fett Amiibo easily won E3
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?    Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 10:47 am

Final Fantasy VII was also my first Final Fantasy game as well.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?    Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 11:41 am

Mecha wrote:
Final Fantasy VII was also my first Final Fantasy game as well.

And probably your last.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?    Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 11:56 am

@Teckno No. Final Fantasy XIII was my last.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?    Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 4:43 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Best conference of the night. No Man's Sky is the best thing ever.

There's a lot of hype surrounding this indie game. I feel people are setting themselves up for disappointment. Precedurally generated worlds could mean many things. One of them is most of the worlds may be bland or boring.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

in front of computer

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?    Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 10:08 pm

I dont remember anything about FF13, thats how bad it was.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?    Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 10:30 am

Overall, for me, it was just meh. Sure there were quite a few things I liked, and there definitely were some surprises and bombshells, but none of them really interested me. Overall, it felt like just another dull Sony conference. Not bad, but just kinda meh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?    Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony E3 2015 Conference overall thoughts?
Page 1 of 1