Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaming then and now

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Gaming then and now R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Gaming then and now Empty
PostSubject: Gaming then and now   Gaming then and now I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 7:49 pm

Gaming then and now 11129810
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Gaming then and now   Gaming then and now I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2015 8:12 pm

yea already tweeted this
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Gaming then and now   Gaming then and now I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 10:38 am

It's so true it hurts. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Gaming then and now ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Gaming then and now   Gaming then and now I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 10:57 am

It's a cashflow issue. Publishers are looking to sell games as quickly as possible, so they release incomplete garbage and throw a tonne of DLC and Day One patches at it. Buying straight from the publisher helps, but it's the constant high expectations and early purchases that really fuels this.

Start Wars: Battlefield is a good, current example. At this point, we know it's online-only garbage that EA will fail to support indefinitely, making it a glorified MMO subscription. We also know there will most likely be a day one patch, a week one patch, and a month one patch before the game functions as a complete game should. But that's not enough to stop people from buying it early or pre-ordering it (to businesses, pre-orders are equivalent to cash minus bad debts and interest expenses). What needs to happen to really stop this, is more blatant support of complete games, and a refusal to buy incomplete games until their finished (ie: "Edition That Comes With All the DLC and Patches"). Until then, full-priced games will remain episodic.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Gaming then and now Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Gaming then and now   Gaming then and now I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 10:58 am

I can't wait until the top bread becomes microtransaction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaming then and now   Gaming then and now I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaming then and now
Page 1 of 1