Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to enjoy our General Gaming, and Off-Topic (except Debates and Archives) categories at the following links:
http://www.g7gaming.net/c6-general-gaming
http://www.g7gaming.net/c7-off-topic

Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.

Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Need a gaming PC

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn

Stature : 179
From Hell Male
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Need a gaming PC   Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:27 pm

Can someone reccoment me a good gaming PC that will be able to run BF3 when it comes out? I understand that system requirments havent been released for the game yet but i'd imagine it wouldnt require more than say crysis.

My budget will be about £450 / $720 U.S

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raziel
Creep
Creep

Stature : 0
Male

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:28 pm

build one comes cheaper.
this website explain the entire process http://www.build-gaming-computers.com

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father

Stature : 261
Male
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:26 pm

He'd be too drunk to make his own PC. I'm afraid he'd hurt himself. Better safe then sorry, amirite reaper. I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.g7gaming.net
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss

Stature : 176
The Gutter Male
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:01 pm

Considered building a gaming PC before but then realised I had zero interest. Add to the fact I'm very average at FPS's shooters and hate the mouse keyboard combo, I'd be destroyed online. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:35 am

@Stoney wrote:
Considered building a gaming PC before but then realised I had zero interest. Add to the fact I'm very average at FPS's shooters and hate the mouse keyboard combo, I'd be destroyed online. lol

When I was 10 or something I wanted a sweet ass rig that could play the beastiest graphic monster that was just released: Doom 3.

Tried to save up for (LOL) Alienware laptop that cost about $3000.

Saved up about $35.

I gave up and just bought a PS2 game. Forgot all about the rig and my family just got a regular PC(Doom 3 lagged like fuck)....that cost about $1000.

Fuck.

Oh well. At least my 360 will be able to play BF3 if I ever get a head injury and start to become interested in games like that.

Currently playing: Beneath a Steel Sky(1994)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 18
Sweden Male
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:26 am

Do as jubjub. Just ask what he got Razz

Svecia Memor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast

Stature : 91
LittleBigP Male
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:43 am

@Pickles1337 wrote:
@Stoney wrote:

When I was 10 or something I wanted a sweet ass rig that could play the beastiest graphic monster that was just released: Doom 3.

Saved up about $35.

I gave up and just bought a PS2 game. Forgot all about the rig and my family just got a regular PC(Doom 3 lagged like fuck)....that cost about $1000.

Fuck.

Oh well. At least my 360 will be able to play BF3 if I ever get a head injury and start to become interested in games like that.

Regular PCs don't cost $1000 last time I checked ._.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn

Stature : 25
Male
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:33 pm

Hypnotoad wrote:
@Pickles1337 wrote:
@Stoney wrote:

Saved up about $35.

Fuck.

Yeah, you can get a decent PC for as low ass 250.

"The chances of surviving are...slim."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:57 pm

Hypnotoad wrote:
@Pickles1337 wrote:
@Stoney wrote:

Saved up about $35.

Fuck.

Gimme a break. We got it from Best Buy in 2004 and we never heard of Fry's Electronics.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast

Stature : 91
LittleBigP Male
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:20 pm

@Pickles1337 wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
@Pickles1337 wrote:
@Stoney wrote:

Saved up about $35.

Fuck.

Gimme a break. We got it from Best Buy in 2004 and we never heard of Fry's Electronics.

You can buy a good PC from Best Buy for like $400....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:53 pm

Hypnotoad wrote:
@Pickles1337 wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
@Pickles1337 wrote:
@Stoney wrote:

Saved up about $35.

Fuck.

Pickles...dude... Computers are not that expensive. 1000 bucks would buy you a damn good computer.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:22 pm

Hypnotoad wrote:
@Pickles1337 wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
@Pickles1337 wrote:
@Stoney wrote:

Saved up about $35.

Fuck.

Well...what can I do?

PCs are always advancing so it's only natural that after 7 years my PC is severely outdated and they have way better cheaper alternatives.

Besides, I'm not interest in PC gaming now that I have an ecksbawks.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss

The Gutter Male

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:58 pm

Just had a look at that website Raziel posted and I knew it was impossible to get a high end gaming PC for $400 like BBC claimed. According to that guy's recommendations it will cost you at least $2500, with the GPU costing $600 alone.

The only reason I'd get a gaming PC is if it where the best of the best, i.e running any game at the highest settings, Crysis 1 and 2 and BF 3. But at that price you would have to be a truly dedicated PC gamer or someone with alot disposable cash.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raziel
Creep
Creep

Male

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:38 pm

@Stoney wrote:
Just had a look at that website Raziel posted and I knew it was impossible to get a high end gaming PC for $400 like BBC claimed. According to that guy's recommendations it will cost you at least $2500, with the GPU costing $600 alone.

The only reason I'd get a gaming PC is if it where the best of the best, i.e running any game at the highest settings, Crysis 1 and 2 and BF 3. But at that price you would have to be a truly dedicated PC gamer or someone with alot disposable cash.

the High end PC in that website have in plus of the dvd burner a blu-ray player/burner wich cost ALOT, it also got 2 hard-drives 1tb and a 80Gb with some kind of faster and quiter technologie (and that cost ALOT) it also have a 140$ Sound Card and a 120$ Case. all of this stuff you simply don't need and won't affect your gaming.
and all the other stuff are the best of the best you can get for example the CPU is a intel i7 it's 500$ and the problem is no game demands that, and a quad core athlon 2 wich cost under 100$ can run anything you need and at the highest setting.
look at the "The Budget Gaming Computer" I assure that one can play everything at is highest.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:43 pm

My 560 dollar PC plays Dead Space 2 on the highest settings at 60 FPS.... just putting that out there.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stigma
Boss
Boss

Stature : 117
US Male

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:56 pm

@TheJubJub5721 wrote:
My 560 dollar PC plays Dead Space 2 on the highest settings at 60 FPS.... just putting that out there.

He said it was in 2004. Anyways, did you buy your PC or did you build it yourself?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss

The Gutter Male

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:07 am

I'm not an expert when it comes to this and it's his recommendations. I wouldn't know what you need and what you wouldn't need so a site like that is misleading for newb.

According to him the budget PC wouldn't run all games at the highest setting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raziel
Creep
Creep

Male

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:34 am

@Stoney wrote:
I'm not an expert when it comes to this and it's his recommendations. I wouldn't know what you need and what you wouldn't need so a site like that is misleading for newb.

According to him the budget PC wouldn't run all games at the highest setting.

he says that it play games at decent quality, so he maybe should change that, but what i can say to you is I have a way weaker PC (juste a dual core and only 2Gb of Ram) and it runs the big majority of games at high.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:00 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
@TheJubJub5721 wrote:

He said it was in 2004. Anyways, did you buy your PC or did you build it yourself?

Bought it. From New Egg.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss

Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:04 pm

You may want to ask Shokio. He said something in one of his videos that people have been PMing him stuff about getting a gaming PC.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss

The Gutter Male

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:35 pm

How easy is it to hook up a gaming PC to your HDTV?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 18
Sweden Male
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:42 pm

@Stoney wrote:
How easy is it to hook up a gaming PC to your HDTV?

Newer graphics-cards have dedicated HDMI cables aswell as DVI and sometimes VGA cables.

All HDTVs have a HDMI port on it, and some have a DVI port on them. In-case you dont have a DVI port on it and only a VGA (most likely) a converter must be purchased. In most cases you will get a DVI to VGA conveter with it. Otherwise they will be around 5€.

If you have any more questions just fire away.

Svecia Memor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn

Stature : 179
From Hell Male
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:48 pm

Update.

I have saved 1000 British pounds or roughly 1600 American dollars.

SHow me what i can get, i need to run new games on decent to high settings. I want that Arma 2 zombie mod.

Thirty years ago, our homeworld was swept away in a tide of so called justice. Millions of men, women and children lost their lives. But some of us, refused to lay down and die. Some of us, refused to accept your shallow plea for forgiveness. We are the generation forged in the fires. And this, is our day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard

Stature : 39
UK Male
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:43 pm

My rig cost me about £750 although my SSD pushed the price up another £80 : (

* CPU...Go with a Sandy Bridge like the 2500k like me :) its uber fast still (ivy bridge is not worth the extra cash) they're about £120 now... i7 is a waste of money I doubt you will ever take advantage of that hyper threading or you could get something from AMD

*GPU depends on your budget but I would recommend a GTX 560 it can run it all and is a good price or wait for the new 660. if you want that extra performance go with a 570 or 580 getting the newer high end cards i dont see why you would need that extra performance tbh

*Motherboard is up to you i suggest a anything from the P67 chipset or Z68 about £100.

*The case is up to you depends how much you want to spend.

*Pirate windows 7... dont use your lame Vista.

*The power supply you should go with something like a 500w (depends on your GPU) anything over 800w is overkill. also make sure it from a good manufacturer

*HDD is up to you how much space you need etc...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy Male
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:39 pm

or he could go with a GPU brand that is known to have the worst failure rates on GPUs...

Go AMD mofo

"A few honest men are better than numbers."

-Oliver Cromwell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a gaming PC   

Back to top Go down

Need a gaming PC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Generation7 - Gaming :: PC Gaming :: Hardware-