Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Consoles vs PC

Go down 
+13
Orc
Ihsahn
Pickles1337
NoelX2
Hydell
BioDemon
Based Sonji
Jack the Spectre
TheJubJub5721
Stoney
ghost23
Mikenuge
Stigma
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Consoles vs PC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 10:30 am

Framerate issues Framerate issues Framerate issues Framerate issues Framerate issues Framerate issues Framerate issues Framerate issues Framerate issues Framerate issues Framerate issues Framerate issues Framerate issues Framerate issues Framerate issues
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 10:36 am

Most console games at least run at a solid 30 FPS. On PC there is no real guarantee that it will unless you continually upgrade your rig.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 11:06 am

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Most console games at least run at a solid 30 FPS. On PC there is no real guarantee that it will unless you continually upgrade your rig.

But on PC you can change between the video settings to get a solid FPS. And you guys make it seem like you gotta buy new parts every month Razz
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:40 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:

But on PC you can change between the video settings to get a solid FPS. And you guys make it seem like you gotta buy new parts every month Razz

No more like every year or 2 :lolguy:
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 7:58 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:

at least they don't RROD right out of the box :lolguy:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 8:22 am

Duke wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:

No more like every year or 2 Consoles vs PC - Page 2 1415835522

at least they don't RROD right out of the box Consoles vs PC - Page 2 1415835522

You do know that an RROD out of the box means a free replacement? Whereas with me i had a super reliable PS3 for four years and YLOD now i have to pay for a new one?
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:00 pm

Holy fucking thread revival, Reaper...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 1:58 pm

Okay excellent now heres my chance....uhm...uhhh.....Enjoying RDR on pc? :lolguy:
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 6:12 pm

revivals ftw.

^^^^^^^^^^^ lol at the toxic comment above.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:15 am

Reaper wrote:
Duke wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:

at least they don't RROD right out of the box Consoles vs PC - Page 2 1415835522

You do know that an RROD out of the box means a free replacement? Whereas with me i had a super reliable PS3 for four years and YLOD now i have to pay for a new one?

Yeah do you still get 3 years guarantee with Xbox 360?
If so that is excellent. I'd rather have an unreliable system with 3 years warranty than a reliable system with no warranty.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 11:00 am

Not sure, you get the usual manufacturers warranty with PS3, and i think i might have heard that theres some option on PS+ that allows you to buy a new warranty.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 11:35 am

Lykos wrote:
Reaper wrote:
Duke wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:

If so that is excellent. I'd rather have an unreliable system with 3 years warranty than a reliable system with no warranty.
Whats this.....reliable system you speak off?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 1:25 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lykos wrote:

Well it was ps3 but I guess it's not really reliable
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Lykos wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
Lykos wrote:

Well it was ps3 but I guess it's not really reliable

YLOD says hello.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 4:53 pm

Lock Thread Says Hello
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 5:33 am

Lykos wrote:
Reaper wrote:
Duke wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:

I think by releasing the 360 S Microsoft was able to avoid giving people the 3 year warranty because it was techincally classed as a new system and not the one that had the multiple lawsuits against it which forced them to give out the 3 year warranty in the first place. Clever loop-hole.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:28 am

Wouldnt have mattered, alot of people got rid of their old 360's and bought the new 360 S since their 3 year warranty probably ran out.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:33 am

Reaper wrote:
Wouldnt have mattered, alot of people got rid of their old 360's and bought the new 360 S since their 3 year warranty probably ran out.

True, but if you bought one of the last non-slim models at the end of the summer last year you would still have just under 2 years of warranty remaining opposed to an already expired 1 year warranty on the 360 S.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 1:54 pm

Get back on topic, this isn't about YLOD vs RROD and warranties.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:06 pm

Chubby! wrote:
Get back on topic, this isn't about YLOD vs RROD and warranties.

Sorry blad.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:14 pm

Sorry Chubby
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:50 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:

Back on topic. To be fair if you want to upgrade that is up to you.
Like consoles, for pc, eventually an era will die and it's time to move on.
Of course it depends entirely on the game companies, whether they make games requiring more advanced technology.
But this kind of goes the same with consoles; depends on whether companies will still make games for that system.
Pc gaming is pretty much infinite. The biggest issue for me, or one of them, is compatibility with much older games. In spite of this with your average pc capable of gaming there are quite a few hundred games it can run, even if not the newest ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Consoles vs PC
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2