Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Consoles vs PC

Go down 
+13
Orc
Ihsahn
Pickles1337
NoelX2
Hydell
BioDemon
Based Sonji
Jack the Spectre
TheJubJub5721
Stoney
ghost23
Mikenuge
Stigma
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 1:22 am

Price of the hardware:
A high end gaming PC will cost you 850 dollars minimum. Sure you can construct a budget gaming PC for about 400 bucks, but why get a gaming PC if you're only going halfway? I figure if you're going to build a gaming PC you need one that will have run better and have graphics significantly better than a console game. Sometimes they will cost a lot more than that. DICE is running Battlefield 3 footage on a GTX 580. 500 dollars. In addition, when PC gamers argue this, they usually go to all sorts of different sites finding parts on sale and act like it's impossible to buy a console for under the retail price. Hell you could buy an Xbox on eBay for a hundred bucks. For the price of a high end gaming PC you could buy all 3 consoles.

Price of the software:
This is something PC gamers talk about so much, they argue that PC games are so cheap. I saw a video by Rev showing Steam games that were on sale and then comparing them to the same console games that were FULL RETAIL PRICE ON FUCKING WALLMART. Console games GO ON SALE TOO, sometimes places like Gamestop will run buy two get one free deals, sometimes Wallmart will give you a 20 dollar gift card for pre ordering a game there. Sometimes Amazon will sell the 360 and PS3 versions of Portal 2 for 35 dollars a week after it comes out which was cheaper than the PC version at the time. Seriously, It's really obnoxious when people compare games on sale to games that are full retail price.

Advantages of physical disk based games:
Most PC gamers buy digital copies of games and while generally cheaper they are less "flexible" than disks. Here is a list of things you can do with physical media.
- Trade games
- Lend/Borrow games
- Sell old games. Cool you bought game X for 50 bucks on Steam? Didn't like it? Guess what I bought it on Xbox for 60 and didn't like it either, sold that bitch on eBay for 50 bucks.
- Rent games, this is also cheaper than buying games digital or physical in general if you are using something like Gamefly.
- Not required to download and install (in most cases)
- Buy used games for a lower price, 7 days to return for a full cash refund (gamestop).
- Got a GOTY edition of a game with all the DLC on a second disk? Hell lend that bitch to a friend who doesn't have the DLC and viola!

Gamepads and Keyboard and Mouse:
PC Gamer: Hey bro I'm using an Xbox controller on my PC, gonna kick ass in Crysis 2.
Console Gamer: I can use use third party controllers on my console too.
PC Gamer: I'm getting my ass kicked here...
Console Gamer: Isn't keyboard and mouse supposed to be superior? Wouldn't you be at a disadvantage online?
PC Gamer: Well I suppose you got a point but......SHIT NO AIM ASSIST? Fuck this I'm going back to Keyboard and Mouse.

In theory, it makes sense to PC gamers, but in practice you pretty much have to use keyboard and mouse to be on even ground where with third party console controllers there is not a big unbalancing issue, so it's actually better for console gamers.

Exclusives:
PC Gamer: Yeah bitch we got exclusives like Starcraft 2, Civ 5, Amnesia the Dark Descent, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., *continues to list a bunch of old games and indie games no one's ever heard of*
Console Gamer: Hey bro you ever heard of XBL indie games or PSN minis? YOU EVER STOP TO THINK THAT CONSOLES HAVE INDIE GAMES TOO? Hundreds of them? How many high profile exclusives like Halo Reach, Forza 4, or Gears of War 3 does the PC get? Oh that's right, pretty much EVERYTHING not that's not an RTS or an MMO has moved to consoles.
PC Gamer: Ughhh...fuck you we got Modz biatch.

To any PC gamers out there.

Consoles vs PC Come%2BAt%2BMe%2BBro%2B-%2B%2BDiglett
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 1:37 am

After gaming on consoles for pretty much my whole gaming life I can say that ever since ive had my pc its just better xD

pc wins

Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 3:03 am

Lying on my couch > Hunched over my mouse and keyboard.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 7:49 am

The pc has its good points but so have consoles.

PC's have steam, mods, a wider choice of genres and emulators.
While consoles have ease of use, convience and a larger amount of quality blockbuster titles.

I myself prefer consoles mainly because i just feel like playing a game on my confortable lazy chair while playing on my HD tv by just plug and playing. I can do that for my pc aswell but it'll take a while to get that done while i can do that easily on my console anyway.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 9:57 am

Oh, BioRevenant is going to be pissed!!! Consoles vs PC 21888

Razz
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Oh do newer Console titles have sales where the games are sold for mere pennies? No? :)

And I bought my current system for 560 dollars runs every game I have played so far on High settings. And I have played recent games to.

The only thing I honestly like about consoles over PC is the fact that you can sit on the couch (even though PC's can technically do that too, I will give it to consoles anyway).

Really, PC vs Console gaming is about how much you wanna pay to have a good gaming experience. It's all opinion.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Consoles vs PC XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 9:34 pm

PC isn't necessarily better than consoles. I base a console's value on its game library, and there are a lot of games that PC just doesn't get, like Halo: Reach, inFAMOUS 2, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 (to name one from each system).
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 11:08 pm

TRF wrote:
PC isn't necessarily better than consoles. I base a console's value on its game library, and there are a lot of games that PC just doesn't get, like Halo: Reach, inFAMOUS 2, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 (to name one from each system).

True. But there are also a lot of great titles on PC that consoles don't get either. Obviously some of the big titles listed in OP's post. And some great indie games like Amnesia: The Dark Descent, the Penumbra games, and many more.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 11:57 pm

ghost23 wrote:

I play my PC games lying down on my couch.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 6:21 am

Stoney wrote:
Oh, BioRevenant is going to be pissed!!! Consoles vs PC 21888

Razz
No, I'm not. Consoles vs PC 725796345, I like consoles also, hell the 360 is my platform of choice. What I said in the other topic is still true. Solid points Stigma, however, they may be running BF3 on a gtx 580, but, I can max out Crysis on a $200 card, and we all know how good that looks. And your KB/M points are solid, but what you say doesn't change the fact that the KB/M setup is the best setup for control. And now the console exclusive games, that is where there is no argument from the PC side, because like you said, most PC exclusives hold little to no relevance (generally speaking), and that is why I like my 360.

To me there is no clear winner for everyone. Consoles have better and more high profile exclusives while the PC dominates the technical, control, and multitasking aspects. The console exclusives win it just BARELY for me.

Last edited by BioRevenant on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Consoles vs PC XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 6:51 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:

True. But there are also a lot of great titles on PC that consoles don't get either. Obviously some of the big titles listed in OP's post. And some great indie games like Amnesia: The Dark Descent, the Penumbra games, and many more.
Of course, I didn't mean to imply that PC doesn't have games that console's don't. I'm just saying, there's no clear winner in the console versus PC argument. It's all preference.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 11:56 am

I think BS makes some great points, i can see why peple prefer PC gaming though. But im still more into console gaming at the moment it just offers ME more game which I LIKE.

The sole reason i want a gaming pc is BF3, and that will cost a few quid.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 9:19 pm

No one argues back Sad
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 9:28 pm

TRF wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Of course, I didn't mean to imply that PC doesn't have games that console's don't. I'm just saying, there's no clear winner in the console versus PC argument. It's all preference.

True. That's my whole thing about PC gaming, there are great things for both. It just depends what you like.

BlackStigma wrote:
No one argues back Sad

Haha sorry!
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 10:44 pm

Consoles because I can just be lazy and play it.

And I iz no goodz witha keyboardz.....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 5:14 am

Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Really? I sort of find it hard to believe that you can properly use a keyboard/mouse lying on a couch.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:38 am

ghost23 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Really? I sort of find it hard to believe that you can properly use a keyboard/mouse lying on a couch.

I use my 360 controller for most of my PC gaming.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 8:12 am

Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

I use my 360 controller for most of my PC gaming.

And most graphics cards now-a-days, not even high end ones, can throw up an image on a TV with good quality. My computer has HDMI, and most do.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:39 am

BlackStigma wrote:
No one argues back Sad

Maybe if BBC was here.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to agree with you. I bought L.A. Noire at a used book store for $37. NEW.

Also JubJub didn't mention that he won't be able to play BF3 on max settings. Until he upgrades.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:59 am

I prefer PC gaming, but you're really doing no good for yourself if you're sticking to one platform for no reason. They've all got their pros and cons.

Unless it's the 360. It has all cons. No games and lolpayingforonline.

HUEHUEHUEHUE

Also I prefer playing playing "hunched" (why the fuck would you play any game hunched over? wat) in my chair because I'm more attentive. At least for competitive games. Casual babby games I just lay back and plug in my PS3 controller.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 7:51 am

Bump.

Both have advantages and disadvantages.

To be honest I have recently realized that most of my favourite games are either pc exclusives or can be playable on pc.

The thing is, I do love the feel of controllers and accessibility of consoles. You do get a much more streamlined, user-friendly interface on consoles and it's much more game-focused. You don't have so many hindrances like installations and just random issues that computers encounter.

I think in the long run the pc can provide more satisfaction but what I hate is the way pc gamers keep saying how damn easy it is to build a gaming pc. You shouldn't be expected to know rocket science just to be able to play games!
But some pc gamers are nice and will offer to do it for you :)
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 9:59 am

Lykos wrote:
Bump.

Both have advantages and disadvantages.

To be honest I have recently realized that most of my favourite games are either pc exclusives or can be playable on pc.

The thing is, I do love the feel of controllers and accessibility of consoles. You do get a much more streamlined, user-friendly interface on consoles and it's much more game-focused. You don't have so many hindrances like installations and just random issues that computers encounter.

I think in the long run the pc can provide more satisfaction but what I hate is the way pc gamers keep saying how damn easy it is to build a gaming pc. You shouldn't be expected to know rocket science just to be able to play games!
But some pc gamers are nice and will offer to do it for you :)

It is easy though... XD seriously, it's just making sure the pieces are compatible (simple with sites like NewEgg) and then it's like a puzzle after that. A very easy puzzle.

Pickles1337 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
No one argues back Sad

Maybe if BBC was here.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to agree with you. I bought L.A. Noire at a used book store for $37. NEW.

Also JubJub didn't mention that he won't be able to play BF3 on max settings. Until he upgrades.

What? Lol
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 4:11 pm

PC Gaming has better game communities and shows where the real gamers are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 5:56 pm

^
What you mean the hackers and the people that pirated the game?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 9:33 pm

Lykos wrote:
^
What you mean the hackers and the people that pirated the game?

that as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

Consoles vs PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consoles vs PC   Consoles vs PC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Consoles vs PC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next