Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

PSN user gets hacked and loses $600, Sony can’t refund him

Go down 
+2
Bluenose
Mecha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PSN user gets hacked and loses $600, Sony can’t refund him R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PSN user gets hacked and loses $600, Sony can’t refund him Empty
PostSubject: PSN user gets hacked and loses $600, Sony can’t refund him   PSN user gets hacked and loses $600, Sony can’t refund him I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 7:57 am

PSN user gets hacked and loses $600, Sony can’t refund him Doom-t10

Quote :
Someone has had their PSN account hacked, their PS4 deactivated and their account used on a new console to fraudulently purchase content worth $600. Sony’s customer support channels don’t look like they’ll be getting him that money back.

Reddit user Kadjar claims that his account was hacked. The hacker then used the user’s credit card to make about $600 in purchases from the PlayStation Store. Another thing the hacker did was to deactivate Kadjar’s PS4 from the account.

Kadjar naturally followed through with Sony’s customer support and a few interesting proceedings took place afterwards. According to Kadjar, Sony promised to investigate the incident but said that even if they were to refund him anything, it would be a maximum of $150, which is the maximum amount a person can have in their PSN wallet at any one time.

Additionally, Kadjar was advised that if he were to speak to his credit card company and request a chargeback, he would have his PSN account banned, losing all his purchases, trophies, etc… Which is something Sony has been known to do, according to a few reports on its forums.

Further complicating the matter is that because the hacker deactivated Kadjar’s PS4 and activated theirs instead, he will have to wait six months before he can reactivate his PSN account on his own PS4. The reason being Sony’s policy, which limits the number of times you can deactivate your account from a console to once every six months.

Kadjar has received lots of messages from other users offering to replace the games he would lose. The latest update he posted points towards another Sony representative looking into the matter.

It’s worth noting that we cannot confirm whether or not a hack did indeed take place, but as Kotaku notes, this is probably a good time to remind everyone that Sony, unlike Steam and Xbox Live, does not offer a two-factor authentication system.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: PSN user gets hacked and loses $600, Sony can’t refund him   PSN user gets hacked and loses $600, Sony can’t refund him I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 1:36 pm

And that's why PSN is subject to more hacks than Xbox live.

Last edited by DaTeckno on Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

PSN user gets hacked and loses $600, Sony can’t refund him PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: PSN user gets hacked and loses $600, Sony can’t refund him   PSN user gets hacked and loses $600, Sony can’t refund him I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 2:09 pm

I don't use credit cards or debit. Fuck that. Sticking to those PSN cards.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: PSN user gets hacked and loses $600, Sony can’t refund him   PSN user gets hacked and loses $600, Sony can’t refund him I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 2:13 pm

Microsoft would have refunded him within days.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: PSN user gets hacked and loses $600, Sony can’t refund him   PSN user gets hacked and loses $600, Sony can’t refund him I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 2:52 pm

Yea, getting sick of Sony's shit.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

PSN user gets hacked and loses $600, Sony can’t refund him ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: PSN user gets hacked and loses $600, Sony can’t refund him   PSN user gets hacked and loses $600, Sony can’t refund him I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 6:19 pm

Why would they? Sounds like someone just got his password, no real hacking.

And lol @ Steam's authentication system. I need to reconfirm my e-mail everytime I even think of Steam, otherwise I can't play any of my 3 games I own on it. Makes me feel very secure though, knowing I'm being protected inside Gaben's personal wikonomy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSN user gets hacked and loses $600, Sony can’t refund him   PSN user gets hacked and loses $600, Sony can’t refund him I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PSN user gets hacked and loses $600, Sony can’t refund him
Page 1 of 1