Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WONDER WOMAN Loses Director!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

WONDER WOMAN Loses Director! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

WONDER WOMAN Loses Director! Empty
PostSubject: WONDER WOMAN Loses Director!   WONDER WOMAN Loses Director! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 7:38 pm

WONDER WOMAN Loses Director! Michelle_maclaren
Quote :
Michelle MacLaren has dropped out of directing Wonder Woman due to creative differences.

“Given creative differences, Warner Bros. and Michelle MacLaren have decided not to move forward with plans to develop and direct Wonder Woman together,” said the studio in a statement.

Is it unclear if it will affect the release schedule. The movie has a 2017 berth slotted. Gal Gadot remains attached to star.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/wonder-woman-loses-director-michelle-788500

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

WONDER WOMAN Loses Director! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: WONDER WOMAN Loses Director!   WONDER WOMAN Loses Director! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 8:27 pm

Creative difference? Please don't go the Marvel route, DC.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: WONDER WOMAN Loses Director!   WONDER WOMAN Loses Director! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 8:36 pm

Mecha wrote:
Creative difference? Please don't go the Marvel route, DC.
They're building a shared universe. They have to set some kind of rules and make sure films don't contradict one another.

P.S. DC works better separate, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: WONDER WOMAN Loses Director!   WONDER WOMAN Loses Director! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 9:04 pm

@yonny616 Having a shared film universe isn't the problem. The problem is that Marvel makes the MCU movies a little too connected. No MCU movie is truly stand-alone when you think about it. They're all leading to something like Infinity War, which makes the MCU movies feel episodic. You can still do stand-alone movies within a film universe, but Marvel decided to take the episodic route. Just look at Daredevil the TV series for example. I heard we're not getting a second season until after The Defenders. Which is fucking stupid. I rather see a second season of Daredevil than The Defenders. Daredevil has never been apart of The Defenders, so I don't know why the fuck they are doing this? And DC does a better job with their TV shows even without the stupid build ups. The same can be done for the DCCU as well.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: WONDER WOMAN Loses Director!   WONDER WOMAN Loses Director! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 9:40 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Having a shared film universe isn't the problem. The problem is that Marvel makes the MCU movies a little too connected. No MCU movie is truly stand-alone when you think about it. They're all leading to something like Infinity War, which makes the MCU movies feel episodic. You can still do stand-alone movies within a film universe, but Marvel decided to take the episodic route. Just look at Daredevil the TV series for example. I heard we're not getting a second season until after The Defenders. Which is fucking stupid. I rather see a second season of Daredevil than The Defenders. Daredevil has never been apart of The Defenders, so I don't know why the fuck they are doing this? And DC does a better job with their TV shows even without the stupid build ups. The same can be done for the DCCU as well.
Who said being shared was the problem? They have to make sure these film don't contradict one another. Other wise why build a damn shared universe if you're not going to care if they contradict. BvS is leading to JL so what's the problem? I know, and Marvel has done "stand alone" (as much as they can be) films. TWS doesn't really lead into anything. Where did you hear that? I'm sure next year we'll have a season 2 of Daredevil and Jessica Jones along with Luke Cage season one and possibly Iron Fist. Daredevil has been a defender.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: WONDER WOMAN Loses Director!   WONDER WOMAN Loses Director! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 9:56 pm

@yonny616 There's a difference between having one film lead to another, and having your whole series of films lead to one big event. Yeah, Marvel does make some of their films as stand-alone as possible, but there is a reason why all those films are made. Captain America: The Winter Soldier does lead into something. It leads to The Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain America: Civil War. Also we better get a second season of Daredevil soon. I don't know why Daredevil has to be a Defender? He never was a part of the team in the comics. Sure The Defenders will probably still be great, but it still feels forced though.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: WONDER WOMAN Loses Director!   WONDER WOMAN Loses Director! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 10:17 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 There's a difference between having one film lead to another, and having your whole series of films lead to one big event. Yeah, Marvel does make some of their films as stand-alone as possible, but there is a reason why all those films are made. Captain America: The Winter Soldier does lead into something. It leads to The Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain America: Civil War. Also we better get a second season of Daredevil soon. I don't know why Daredevil has to be a Defender? He never was a part of the team in the comics. Sure The Defenders will probably still be great, but it still feels forced though.
From what we've heard BvS is a lead in to one big event (Justice League). To make money? How does it lead into AoU? It plants like one seed for Civil War (Hill working for Tony), but looked like it was setting up for a "search for bucky" sequel. Daredevil was a member of The Defender in comics.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: WONDER WOMAN Loses Director!   WONDER WOMAN Loses Director! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 10:40 pm

Quote :
The official reason for her leaving is 'creative differences,' and that seems legit according to the scuttlebutt that has reached me. MacLaren and Warner Bros couldn't agree on anything - including what time period to set the movie. More than that, MacLaren had some very particular visions for the film, visions that maybe would have alienated fandom. Although perhaps Diana having a tiger sidekick/pet she could talk with would have appealed to people more than I expect.
http://badassdigest.com/2015/04/13/michelle-maclaren-leaves-wonder-woman/

WONDER WOMAN Loses Director! 1769274707 What? A sidekick pet? LOL!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: WONDER WOMAN Loses Director!   WONDER WOMAN Loses Director! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 10:57 pm

@yonn616 Quit acting dumb. It's not the same and you know it. Did DC had to make a bunch of solo movies before Justice League? No. Does Suicide Squad lead to Justice League? Most likely not. Point is, DC shared universe building doesn't feel episodic like the MCU movies. A Justice League movie can come out at any given time. Where as you have to go through a whole phase just for the next Avengers movie like it was the season finally of a TV show or something. THAT'S what I'm talking about. 

But Daredevil isn't a core member and The Defenders roster is random. You can easily do a Defenders series without him.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: WONDER WOMAN Loses Director!   WONDER WOMAN Loses Director! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 11:19 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonn616 Quit acting dumb. It's not the same and you know it. Did DC had to make a bunch of solo movies before Justice League? No. Does Suicide Squad lead to Justice League? Most likely not. Point is, DC shared universe building doesn't feel episodic like the MCU movies. A Justice League movie can come out at any given time. Where as you have to go through a whole phase just for the next Avengers movie like it was the season finally of a TV show or something. THAT'S what I'm talking about. 

But Daredevil isn't a core member and The Defenders roster is random. You can easily do a Defenders series without him.
No, it's pretty similar according to reports of BvS being a lead in to JL. DC has one film. That's like watching episode one of a show and saying, nope, doesn't feel episodic. Then why not just start with Justice League? DC is doing the "phase" thing too. There's films in between each JL film. No, you're just rambling. I said they have rules to not contradict each other, you managed to pull some "episodic" argument out your ass from it.

I'm going to assume by "core" member you mean founding. Either way, Daredevil was a member of The Defender in the comics. If the Defenders roster is so random why does it even matter they're using him?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: WONDER WOMAN Loses Director!   WONDER WOMAN Loses Director! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 12:17 am

@yonny616 So just because the Justice League are in between films, that makes it part of a phase? Where did you come up with that logic? There is no consistency with the DCCU movies. You don't know where the phase ends and where the next phase begins. Where as Marvel's phases has a beginning, middle, and an end. You know, like a season of TV SERIES. 

Daredevil is as much a member of The Defenders as is Spider-Man. Also it matters because the show may slow down the next seasons of Daredevil. I mean fuck, Daredevil barley wore the red suit, and he's already going to join The Defenders? But whatever. As long as The Defenders is good and we get more Daredevil seasons soon, then I'm good. But it still concerns me.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: WONDER WOMAN Loses Director!   WONDER WOMAN Loses Director! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 12:36 am

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 So just because the Justice League are in between films, that makes it part of a phase? Where did you come up with that logic? There is no consistency with the DCCU movies. You don't know where the phase ends and where the next phase begins. Where as Marvel's phases has a beginning, middle, and an end. You know, like a season of TV SERIES. 

Daredevil is as much a member of The Defenders as is Spider-Man. Also it matters because the show may slow down the next seasons of Daredevil. I mean fuck, Daredevil barley wore the red suit, and he's already going to join The Defenders? But whatever. As long as The Defenders is good and we get more Daredevil seasons soon, then I'm good. But it still concerns me.
Yup. DCCU's first phase will obviously end with JL. No consistency in the DCCU films? Well that's fucking stupid. According to that logic LotR's is like a TV series because is has a beginning, middle, and end.

He was still a recurring member. Defenders isn't coming till 2017/2018. If you really think there's no season 2 until after that then LOL! You do realize by then we'd probably be in season 3 of DD. Seriously think. Why? Season 2 is going to come. The show was a success.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: WONDER WOMAN Loses Director!   WONDER WOMAN Loses Director! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 1:05 am

@yonny616 How do you know that Justice League is the conclusion of that phase when that movie is right in the middle of the solo adventure movies? Also Lord of the Rings might as well be a TV series. They are so fucking long and The Hobbit movies look like a soap opera.

I hope you are right about Daredevil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WONDER WOMAN Loses Director!   WONDER WOMAN Loses Director! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WONDER WOMAN Loses Director!
Page 1 of 1