Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)

Go down 
+12
Azazel
ghost23
Jack the Spectre
solidstudios
Archduke
The Enkindler
TheJubJub5721
TheRealTahmid
Stoney
Pein
Blixtstorm
Orc
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 7:39 am

Nice one for sharing that, Blixt. I'll copy and paste that onto the first post I did.
TRF wrote:
Pein, I am the biggest TES fanboy. Keep in mind, Pein, the game is still a work in progress and while it's almost complete, it does look a lot better than Oblivion. Plus, content is more important than graphics.

Pein, it's obviously not the same shit again, if you read the info on the game you would realize that. The post above mine should change your mind, and if it doesn't, then I really just don't know what to say.

Exactly!!
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 12:59 pm

Quote :
Yet another recap:

-A variation of level scaling.
-Dynamic Shadows
-Overhauled Combat-system
-Improved Faces/Improved Models Example: Faces have been dramatically overhauled. Characters now exhibit more emotion show of distinctions between different races and just plain looks better.
-Radiant AI
-Updated Engine Snow falls dynamically (not as a basic texture on the ground)
Trees and branches move independently with the wind
Water flows
-Randomly generated quests.
-Beards
-You can't run backwards as fast as you do forward.
-10 races to choose from
-confirmed creatures: zombies, skeletons, trolls, giants, ice wraiths, giant spiders, dragons, wolves, horses Elk, mammoth, saber-toothed cats
-presumeably open cities (as dragons can attack)
-Hud-free first-person view and improved third-person perspective
-very unique landscapes! Also unique dungeons! In other words, lots of uniqueness!
-Character creation improved, body features customizable
-2-handed weapons and duel wielding confirmed.
-Finishing moves, unique to each weapon and enemy you fight.
-Sprint is added !
- Dialog will pop up when you approach an enemy
- cooking/farming/mining/woodcutting/blacksmithing
-18 skills.
-Perk picking at every level-up
-5 Magic Schools Destruction Alteration Conjuration Restoration Illusion

SOURCE : CVG

Ten races? Imperial, Breton, Nord, Khajit, Dark Elve, Wood Elve, Argonian, High Elves, Orc and Redguard.

I'm assuming they are the same races as Oblivion, I want a new race.
Sad
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:36 pm

Lykos wrote:
Pein wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Some scans.

http://www.gamingeverything.com/2011/1/elder_scrolls_v_scans/3650/elder_scolls_v-3.jpg#s

Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 2505020059

OMFG!!! I love you for posting this Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 2505020059 I jizzed in my pants!! AAHHH It's gonna be amazing.

Quote :
looks a lot like oblivion..hmm
im not sure

Hmm... I wonder why that is... OH that's right, IT'S A SEQUEL.
What were you expecting?
Robots?
Aliens?
Some space ships?!

you are kidding right..if its a sequel..it should LOOK like a sequel..not the same shit again
but of course..im arguing with the biggest TES fanboy

Haha if I was the biggest TES fanboy why the hell haven't I played the first two games and why didn't I get into Morrowind?
Fool.
I'm an Oblivion fan, just like every other person who played it till the end and didn't just give up an hour into it. lol
And just how is it the same shit again?
Let's rephrase, how is Dragon Age 2 not the same shit again?

have you seen dragon age 2's gameplay? NO!! there is a vid for dragon age 2 gameplay vid and it looks way different than the first one,which is good
i saw the pictures..it looks a lot like oblivion..still there hasn't been released any gameplay vid so far but from the pictures,it looks identical to oblivion,but at the same time..i should wait till the game is released so i can give my verdict on the game
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:22 pm

^^^
@Pein

You don't really seem to have a clue about the game.

I played Dragon Age 2 during Gamex in Sweden, and its just like DA:O but with minor graphical enhancements.

The upgrade from TES4 -> TES5 is extremly bigger then DA:O -> DA2

Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 6:39 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
^^^
@Pein

You don't really seem to have a clue about the game.

I played Dragon Age 2 during Gamex in Sweden, and its just like DA:O but with minor graphical enhancements.

The upgrade from TES4 -> TES5 is extremly bigger then DA:O -> DA2

ok then..have you seen this vid?

IF you absolutely think that THIS looks EXACTLY like dragon age origins..you are stupid..
it has a new story,bigger map,new enemies,faster gameplay,the conversations are going to be faster,new characters,your character can talk now,like mass effect,new companions,longer game,enhanced graphics engine and a better story than the last game
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:01 am

^
lol...so graphics and it's "faster".
Wow.. what an upgrade that is.

Skyrim on the other hand:

-The story is set during a civil war 200 years after the events in Oblivion in a snow realm north of Cyrodil, Skyrim. A Cataclysm-esque dragon, Alduin, is set up as the game's main enemy.

-There are 10 races to choose from, and players can edit their character's bodies as well as faces, and beards are now an option. Further, there are no specific character classes, so you'll be able to pursue a wide variety of skills for whatever character you create.

-Based on the weapon you're using, players will be able to perform unique attacks as well as a wide variety of finishing moves in combat. Dual wielding will be an option.

-There are 18 skills to choose from, and as players level-up their characters, they will be able to choose from a variety of Perks akin to the system in Fallout.

-Based on how you play the game, quests will be generated to suit your particular style. For example, if your character is a heavy magic user, expect to do battle with a lot of mages.

-Players will once again have a massive world to explore, and there will be five major cities throughout Skyrim and numerous other towns and villages.

-The new engine is being built will include dynamic snowfall, shadows, and greater environmental detail.

-There will be more to do in the game like blacksmithing, woodcutting, mining, farming, and cooking.

-There will be five schools of magic: Destruction, Alteration, Conjuration, Restoration, and Illusion. Mysticism has been removed and Enchantment will be a skill.

-Skyrim will have perks like Fallout.

-Quests will be more dynamic with some being randomly generated and other being tailored to your play style.

-There are now children as well as adults.

-When you talk to an npc, instead of the camera zooming in on their face, they will be doing something.

-Npc's are more interactive. If you drop your sword, someone may pick it up and try to return it to you or there may even be an argument between two men who want it.

-Killing a shop keeper will not close it down for good, a relative of the keeper will usually take over the shop. There is talk of cities being attacked by dragons too.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:49 am

Dragon Age 2 just seems to rushed to me. There aren't a lot of people dying to play Dragon Age 2 like there are people dying to play Skyrim. While Origins was a good game, it was heavily flawed in a lot of ways, we'll just have to see if those flaws are addressed in 2.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:25 am

Wow, even here we have DA vs TES arguments...
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:49 am

Mods, make a debate table section and let these two argue there. This could go on for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Stoney wrote:
Mods, make a debate table section and let these two argue there. This could go on for a long time.

Nah it's okay, I've finished. I'm not even going to respond to his last post. He's asking for all these improvements he expects in Skyrim which Dragon Age 2 will not feature anyway and the things he criticises are even worse in Dragon Age. Also he claims that Dragon Age has soooo much yet he can only mention graphics and "faster" gameplay. hahaha

Debate's over. I think we know who's pwnt here.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:50 pm

Pein, if you care to read what i typed...

I have played the game! It looks and feels like a mod to DA:O

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:35 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
Pein, if you care to read what i typed...

I have played the game! It looks and feels like a mod to DA:O

lol nevermind, he's always going to have a bias towards DA:O because he's barely even started Oblivion. He says he's not got any time to complete it, yet he's spending all his time making massive posts like that, trying to argue that Skyrim won't be good. XD
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:37 am

Some more scans.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img684/1944/scan0002po.jpg

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img195/2521/scan0003nx.jpg

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img137/9188/scan0004z.jpg - Check out the character model in this scan. Quality and not ugly, like most characters in Oblivion.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img525/9808/scan0005f.jpg

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img607/633/scan0006mf.jpg

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img266/5479/scan0011y.jpg

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img809/2948/scan0010j.jpg
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:25 pm

Some of these pics are just amazing...
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:10 pm

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/esv.aspx

Some more info for the die hard Elder Scrolls fans. (Could have some of the same stuff as previously posted, haven't looked through as of it yet.)
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:19 pm

wow thanks for the scans Stoney.
Skyrim is looking really good and I've never even played Oblivion.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:50 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:54 pm

Looking fucking awesome. Im gonna guess GOTY 2011 Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:03 am

I'm gonna respond because this made me lol so hard!!
[quote=peinis]
oh wow a really big difference,there are dragons now and a new big bad guy who is bad as always wants to take over the land,really original - ummm.... Dragon Age? What's that about? Ohhh the big dragon thing is going to attack the wurld!!!

if i remember there were also 10 races in oblivion too
AND beards..soo original - Yes but you don't get it, there are like 3 in Dragon age and a couple of classes. hahaha The beards thing is a new feature, we only got to use a colour thing in oblivion.

finishing moves and dual wielding..it has been used in other games,but still its a new thing for TES games but it won't make a big difference - uh duuhh.. Instead of using shield and sword you can use two swords or a hammer and sword or something. Does dragon age have that? No, only for like one kind of character and only with those small blades.

perks from fallout? wow bethesda is rehashing the same thing from a different franchise..
how original -Hello?!?? You do realise that the perks thing was a cool feature so now to fairly popular demand they added it to this franchise. Yes. I can say the same about Dragon Age, it's just a rehashed version of Mass Effect.

okay that sounds cool..if your a mage,then you will fight most of the time with other mages but dragon age 2 has stuff like that too,so it's not really that big of a difference
lol no it doesn't. Btw you can fight anyone in the game. You can talk to them and ask if you can duel. Yeah!

five major cities? i think oblivion had more.not much of a difference
-Oblivion had more, yes. But I reckon they'll be bigger. Also Dragon age has only a couple itself, and you can only explore a small area of them and cannot return. So yeah...

WOW!! shadows?? THAT'S a new thing..not
dynamic snowfalls?? that has been used in different games but still its good to see there's going to be a change of the enviroment in the game.greater enviroment detail? well its a upgrade from the last game like every sequel does..nothing new
-Hahaha ohh the ignorance is hilarious. You were saying for aggges about oblivions engine being shit. Here you go! New engine and this is what it's capable of. And Dragon Age 2 barely has any difference to Origins, Blixstorm played it and said so. Skyrim has a whole new engine!

if i remember..fable has also those things..cooking,woodcutting etc..it's still interesting to see that but you gotta admit..you won't be doing that for hours just because its fun
-Fable. Another game that is better than Dragon Age. Congratulations for more self-ownage

five schools of magic? i won't be going to those,unless i'm a mage,which i won't

Did you not read anything?! Skyrim doesn't make you choose a class. You have attribute points and your class is defined through what you do. So if you do a lot of spells, you can go to the school of magic. Oh and I like how you've turned this into your opinion rather than a general acknowledgement of Skyrim's features. So, just because you don't like completing large rpg's more than once (or sometimes not at all.. hahaha) that means that no one will use this feature?

quests will be randomly generated? that will suck..because i would want to do some quest that i want to but i can't because it's supposed to be activated randomly? that blows

Not all quests, duh. But still, over time in the game you'll explore areas, people will come up to you and ask you to perform quests. Say yes and then you can do these quests whenever you like.

children and adults? okay that really doesn't make difference,since fallout 3 had children

Yeah... and? Oblivion didn't have it. Skyrim does.

they will be doing something..like what? they should kept the thing with zooming in their face..its better than to wait till they done that thing or i don't know but its not much of a big difference

You do know that Dragon Age had what skyrim has? The whole dynamic conversations where the people are actually doing stuff...

okay that sounds pretty cool..dropping your sword and stuff,and why would i want the sword if i drop it,then someone has to ask me if i want it back..it's good but sometimes it's going to be annoying

I don't know how it's gonna work out... but we'll have to wait and see. But shows how immersive the world is.

don't care if i kill a shop keeper or something like that.it's not something that it's important in-game

Dude, if you kill a shopkeeper, a relative will take over the shop. It means you've got a consistent, living breathing world no matter what.

dont get me wrong..ill get skyrim but i don't expect a amazing game..
And like oblivion I doubt you'll even play 2 hours into the game...
they should make a more epic story
uhh... what?
new awesome weapons and armors
uhhh coz it doesn't have that does it...
i want the character that you create to talk like mass effect 1 and 2 and dragon age 2
lolol didn't bother you with dragon age origins. And I'd rather not have that. The more in depth you make the character, the less immersive the experience is.
to ride dragons and to attack
..... Ohh because Dragon age has that!!!! yeah right lol
Divinity has it but do you care? No. You said yourself you've barely touched that game.

vampirism should be removed from the game
lol why? Why ruin the massive, no-limits rpg?
they should make some better lighting effects
NEW ENGINE....
i want the new engine to run better and i don't want any slowdowns and seeing "loading..." while im riding on a horse
they should make the load times shorter than oblivion etc..
right, FINALLY a decent point.

dragon age 2 has less than months from being released and everything is going to be different and better than the last game

Like? "teh grafix and teh charactorz talkz!!!!!"
Skyrim has like more than 30 massive new aspects. Dragon age 2 has 2 or 3, if even that.

[/quote]

Easy pwnage.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:00 pm

^^ so you know the exact story of Skyrim then, huh?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:36 pm

Pein, you only listed a couple of things for Dragon Age II. It hasn't COMPLETELY changed, nor has Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:20 pm

Pein....who the fuck cares bout you or Dragon Age 2?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:31 pm

Pein, no more flaming.

No more random off-topic arguements. This is the last straw. All of your posts on this thread have been deleted.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 4:28 am

Sovereign Alan wrote:
Pein, no more flaming.

No more random off-topic arguements. This is the last straw. All of your posts on this thread have been deleted.

Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 2505020059
I love you, Alan!
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 1:40 pm

eventhough i stated my opinion on skyrim..i think this is pretty cool

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/21/skyrims-dragon-shouts-explained/

being able to do dragon shouts sound awesome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next