Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)

Go down 
+12
Azazel
ghost23
Jack the Spectre
solidstudios
Archduke
The Enkindler
TheJubJub5721
TheRealTahmid
Stoney
Pein
Blixtstorm
Orc
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) Empty
PostSubject: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:26 pm

A NEW SCREENSHOT HAS EMERGED!!
http://www.hookedgamers.com/images/2206/the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim/screenshot_ps3_the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim001.jpg

Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) Skyrim
This is the official Generation 7 Skyrim Hype page. Here we can post info, predictions and articles or just anything related to skyrim.
I've compiled all my knowledge here. So if you wanna hype up this game, please read on.

THE FACTS!!!!!!!!!!
LOOK HERE!!!!!!
BELOW:::::

-The story is set during a civil war 200 years after the events in Oblivion in a snow realm north of Cyrodil, Skyrim. A Cataclysm-esque dragon, Alduin, is set up as the game's main enemy.

-There are 10 races to choose from, and players can edit their character's bodies as well as faces, and beards are now an option. Further, there are no specific character classes, so you'll be able to pursue a wide variety of skills for whatever character you create.

-Based on the weapon you're using, players will be able to perform unique attacks as well as a wide variety of finishing moves in combat. Dual wielding will be an option.

-There are 18 skills to choose from, and as players level-up their characters, they will be able to choose from a variety of Perks akin to the system in Fallout.

-Based on how you play the game, quests will be generated to suit your particular style. For example, if your character is a heavy magic user, expect to do battle with a lot of mages.

-Players will once again have a massive world to explore, and there will be five major cities throughout Skyrim and numerous other towns and villages.

-The new engine being built will include dynamic snowfall, shadows, and greater environmental detail.

-There will be more to do in the game like blacksmithing, woodcutting, mining, farming, and cooking.

-There will be five schools of magic: Destruction, Alteration, Conjuration, Restoration, and Illusion. Mysticism has been removed and Enchantment will be a skill.

-Skyrim will have perks like Fallout.

-Quests will be more dynamic with some being randomly generated and other being tailored to your play style.

-There are now children as well as adults.

-When you talk to an npc, instead of the camera zooming in on their face, they will be doing something.

-Npc's are more interactive. If you drop your sword, someone may pick it up and try to return it to you or there may even be an argument between two men who want it.

-Killing a shop keeper will not close it down for good, a relative of the keeper will usually take over the shop. There is talk of cities being attacked by dragons too.

Awesome huh?
Elder scrolls fans, hold onto your broadswords and try not to get your keyboard sticky.
For more detailed info:
http://badasspanda.com/first-skyrim-screenshots-and-info-from-game-informer/2566

First things first, you should know that Skyrim is a mountainous region within Tamriel.
The game may or may not be set only in that one area but one thing is for sure, and it's that Skyrim is an important part of the new elder scrolls game.

Cities:
These are cities we know of that are in Skyrim, whether Bethesda choose to add or remove any is unknown so far but here you go anyway:

Dawnstar
A city in the north of Skyrim.
Falkreath
A city in Southern Skyrim.
High Hrothgar
The famed mountain known as Snow-Throat, where the Greybeards live and Shor created man.
Markarth Side
A city in Western Skyrim.
Rifton
A city in Southeastern Skyrim.
Solitude
One of the most influential and wealthy counties in Skyrim, rival of Winterhold. It is located in Northwestern Skyrim.
Whiterun
A city in Eastern Skyrim.
Windhelm
A city in Northeastern Skyrim.
Winterhold
A wealthy and influential county in Skyrim. It is heavily affected by Dunmer ways and ideas, being close to the border. It contains the Ysmir Collective, and the well known College of Winterhold. It is located in Northeastern Skyrim

Here is the map of Skyrim:
Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) Skyrim_map_Oblivion
But here is the updated one that will be used in the final game:
Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) Skyrimmap

Predictions:

Races
As Skyrim is a cold, snowy area, I'm going to make an assumption that we are going to see different kinds of races around there. Such as, there may be Khajiit with white fur.
Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) 33190-2-1279751592
There may also be a return of Morrowind's werewolves, but perhaps friendly npc werewolves too (as well as enemies).
Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) Morrowind06
I'm also going to assume there will not be any Argonians in Skyrim (location, maybe in the game somewhere there will be some), as they are reptilian and therefore a a mountainous location may not be suitable for them.

Architecture
According to UESP, the game's architecture is very similar to that of Bruma's (in Oblivion):
Quote :
Skyrim's architecture is reflected in Bruma, situated in northern Cyrodiil. The buildings in Bruma are built partly underground to conserve heat, and are made with stones, with wood used only for support, and roofs of straw above the wood. These houses are essential to keep in heat in the freezing climate.
Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) House_10
UESP also states:
Quote :
Skyrim is a rugged, ravaged place, the site of many past battles. The Nords believe that they were created here, on the mountain known as High Hrothgar.
This could possibly mean that there will, similar to Elder Scrolls IV, be city ruins located all around the game. It also shows that there could be some mountain-top cities or strongholds built into the mountain (possibility of dwarfs too?).
Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) Oblivion3

Other possibilities

According to Skyrim Lore, it is supposed to be home to human and elf civilizations. This is a long shot but in fantasy, generally elves live in forests. Perhaps there will be deep forests in the game (similar to Oblivion maybe, perhaps thicker), but naturally, snowcapped and also due to the focus on a snowy region, there may be new different kinds of trees/foliage, plants, herbs and of course animals. And within one of these forests I'm also going to predict that there will be an elf city/camp or some kind of area for elves.
Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) Obx12b10

CODE!
Courtesy of hookedgamers.com we now know some more info on Skyrim.
Bethesda released this pic in Gameinformer:
Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) Header
What is that gibberish?
It's actually a code, written in the actual writing used in Elder Scrolls Skyrim.
I'm just going to quote this, as it's easier:
Quote :
The first of these two verses is sung at the end of the Skyrim reveal trailer from the VGAs in early December, which you can watch again below, courtesy of GameTrailers. The second is coming out for the first time, and reveals the name of the game's main villain. Which, by the way, took me forever because the name isn't on the translation key.

Anyway, the two verses of the (possibly longer) song are as follows:

Dragonborn, Dragonborn
By his honor is sworn
To keep eveil forever at bay
And the fiercest foes rout
When they hear triumph's shout
Dragonborn, for your blessing we pray

And the scrolls have fortold
Of black wings in the cold
That, when brothers wage war, come unfurled
Alduin, bane of kings
Ancient shadow unbound
With a hunger to swallow the world

Well, we already knew there would be dragons in the game... but dragonborn isn't referring to the dragons, it's referring to a hero of some sort (hence the word, "born"). The character you play as, supposedly.
Apart from that, I don't really know what else to point out. But feel free to interpret Razz

COMBAT, CLASSES & LEVELLING

Article taken from Kotaku, provided by Blixtstorm.
Quote :
The next Elder Scrolls game, Skyrim, will be making some big changes to the way the series handles things like combat and levelling-up.

Firstly, combat: according to a piece in the latest issue of Game Informer, you can now dual-wield weapons in the game. To many it will sound like a cheap take on a Halo/Modern Warfare staple, but where in those shooters it's a part-time indulgence, in Skyrim it forms the cornerstone of your approach to the game, as you can allocate which weapon or tool goes in which hand.

So, for example, you can put a sword in one hand and a dagger in the other. Or two daggers. Or a staff and a shield. Or a shield and a mace. For magic users, a different spell can be cast from each hand, or for a multiplying effect, the same spell can be thrown from both hands.

Another change to the way Skyrim plays compared to its predecessor, Oblivion, is in how you gain new powers and abilities. This game does entirely away with the concept of class creation, Bethesda's thinking being it's a bit naff asking people to predict how they're going to play a game when they haven't played it yet.

Replacing this, then, is an organic system of attribute growth based on use: the more you do something, the better you get at it. While this has long been a staple of RPG games, even dating back to the Quest for Glory series, but in Skyrim it's not just complementing a class structure, it's replacing it. So you won't be cast in stone as a mage if you use lots of magic, you'll just be some adventurer with a higher magic number in their stats.

You level up according to how you progress your most-used skills. "Raising one skill from 34 to 35 is going to level you faster than raising one from 11 to 12", Bethesda's Todd Howard tells Game Informer. If you stick to what you like/do best, you'll level up quickly. Conversely, if you want to take things slowly, you can raise all or most of your skills, as not focusing on one or two in particular will mean a slower rise through the levels.

One wildly unpopular aspect of Oblivion was the fact basic enemies levelled up alongside you, meaning even the most powerful warriors could sometimes be undone by sewer rats or angry crabs. In Skyrim, though, your opponent's levelling is more like that found in Fallout 3.

Continuing Bethesda's work with Fallout 3, each new level you gain in Skyrim will also give you a perk, which you can apply to give you added bonuses relative to how you want to play the game.

The levelling sounds like an interesting experiment, one I like the sounds of since I always hate choosing an "archetype" in a game before I know how I'm going to play it. The combat also sounds like a welcome piece of customisation for the series, but how well they actually work in the game, we'll just have to wait until we get some time with it!
http://kotaku.com/5728236/the-next-elder-scrolls-has-new-combat--levelling

BEHIND THE SCENES:
For those who are interested, there is some behind-the-scenes footage... but none of it is gameplay, it's all just studio stuff:
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/10/skyrim-behind-the-scenes-video-isnt-what-you-hope-it-is/

Last edited by Lykos on Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:16 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:12 pm

Nice, now give me more info!

Edit

LOL Fraps is counting the framerate on your gamercard Razz
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:14 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:

Edit

lol :) Okay I'll do more research and see what else I find.

And wow.. what framerate does it have? Consistent 60fps? It totally owns gran turismo! Razz
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:25 pm

i just hope to god the engine is better and smoother than the last one.other than that,i hope i enjoy the game
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:32 pm

Pein wrote:
i just hope to god the engine is better and smoother than the last one.other than that,i hope i enjoy the game

Seriously, G.T.F.O
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:53 pm

I hope there is more to do when not doing missions/side missions. Like being able to get drunk in a tavern, buying houses/buisnesses, getting married, etc. I know all that stuff is in Fable but it would be nice if the included it in Skyrim. The whole silent protagnist isn't to my liking so hopefully he has a VA. Also a more cinematic approach to cut-scenes (even though there where none in Oblivion) and conversations. I hate the way the camera just zooms towards the persons face in Oblvion and Fallout. And better animations. Have you ever looked at your character walking up a hill in 3rd person view? It looks like he's floating. XD

Anyway, I know I won't be disappointed. It's Bethesda FFS!

@ Pein, It's confirmed that Skyrim will be using a new engine.
Back to top Go down
TheRealTahmid
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
TheRealTahmid

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:05 pm

hoping for a karma system like fallout 3 would be sick
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:08 pm

TheRealTahmid wrote:
hoping for a karma system like fallout 3 would be sick

I disagree. I think they should go the New Vegas route and have the karma system take a back seat and more along the faction type of things, if they have that.

But I would love to see a drop in/out multiplayer. Nothing special, just mess around Skyrim with a friend or help em do a quest. Also being able to give items to friends. And please get rid of the awful bugs! I have four quests in my quest log on Oblivion that cannot be finished do to bugs (one of them is the Thieves Guild, goal of getting all achievements = gone)

Oh and there are probably going to be LOTS of Nords in Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 5:05 pm

Stoney wrote:
I hope there is more to do when not doing missions/side missions. Like being able to get drunk in a tavern, buying houses/buisnesses, getting married, etc. I know all that stuff is in Fable but it would be nice if the included it in Skyrim. The whole silent protagnist isn't to my liking so hopefully he has a VA. Also a more cinematic approach to cut-scenes (even though there where none in Oblivion) and conversations. I hate the way the camera just zooms towards the persons face in Oblvion and Fallout. And better animations. Have you ever looked at your character walking up a hill in 3rd person view? It looks like he's floating. XD

Anyway, I know I won't be disappointed. It's Bethesda FFS!

@ Pein, It's confirmed that Skyrim will be using a new engine.

You could buy houses and customise them to a certain extent in Oblivion but I totally agree, deepen the system and give it more stuff to do. I love you
Though tbh, exploring alone was fun enough.
I'm cool with a silent protagonist personally.. Unless it's master chief Neutral
The rest I'm not too bothered about except animations Razz

Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 6:39 pm

Lykos wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

Edit

And wow.. what framerate does it have? Consistent 60fps? It totally owns gran turismo! Razz

It has a average of 70-90 FPS
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:12 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

Edit

It has a average of 70-90 FPS

lol there, 360 and ps3's owned by mygamercard.net XD
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Hmm, that writing looks similar to Daedric.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 3:59 pm

Lord Epzaos wrote:
Hmm, that writing looks similar to Daedric.

Could be some more Daedric cults?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:12 pm

Skyrim will be a fucking flop lol JK

It will be AAA.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:14 pm

NFLPS3fan43 wrote:
Skyrim will be a fucking flop lol JK

It will be AAA.

Indeed it will Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) 2505020059 Skyrim slaughters any other game this year. Even ME3 imo. But jubjub disagrees Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) 21888
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:26 pm

Some scans.

http://www.gamingeverything.com/2011/1/elder_scrolls_v_scans/3650/elder_scolls_v-3.jpg#s

Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) 2505020059
Back to top Go down
solidstudios
Villager
Villager
solidstudios

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:14 pm

Stoney wrote:
Some scans.

http://www.gamingeverything.com/2011/1/elder_scrolls_v_scans/3650/elder_scolls_v-3.jpg#s

O_O it already looks amazing. the new engine looks a bit more realistic. was that a werewolf i saw too?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Stoney wrote:
Some scans.

Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) Jizz-in-my-pants-andy-samberg1

Can't wait to look at these up close in my own issue, which should arrive any day now.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 11:11 pm

Stoney wrote:
Some scans.

That..looks....amazing! :jiz:
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:03 am

Stoney wrote:
Some scans.

OMFG!!! I love you for posting this Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) 2505020059 I jizzed in my pants!! AAHHH It's gonna be amazing.

Quote :
looks a lot like oblivion..hmm
im not sure

Hmm... I wonder why that is... OH that's right, IT'S A SEQUEL.
What were you expecting?
Robots?
Aliens?
Some space ships?!
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:08 am

Pein wrote:
im not sure

Well... DUH!!!

Its a sequel... And it's a direct sequel in time-line after Oblivion.
Daggerfall(TES:2) looks like Arena (TES:1), and Morrowind(TES:3) looks like Daggerfall, Oblivion(TES:4) looks like Morrowind, so it would be weird if Skyrim wouldn't look like Oblivion.

Its just like any other sequel, but with the difference that EVERY TES game (except Arena) has won Game of the Year.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:39 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
Pein wrote:
im not sure

Well... DUH!!!

Its a sequel... And it's a direct sequel in time-line after Oblivion.
Daggerfall(TES:2) looks like Arena (TES:1), and Morrowind(TES:3) looks like Daggerfall, Oblivion(TES:4) looks like Morrowind, so it would be weird if Skyrim wouldn't look like Oblivion.

Its just like any other sequel, but with the difference that EVERY TES game (except Arena) has won Game of the Year.

bubububut ddd..d.dragon aage!!!
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 8:09 am

Pein wrote:
Lykos wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Some scans.

OMFG!!! I love you for posting this Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) 2505020059 I jizzed in my pants!! AAHHH It's gonna be amazing.

Quote :
im not sure

Hmm... I wonder why that is... OH that's right, IT'S A SEQUEL.
What were you expecting?
Robots?
Aliens?
Some space ships?!

you are kidding right..if its a sequel..it should LOOK like a sequel..not the same shit again
but of course..im arguing with the biggest TES fanboy

Haha if I was the biggest TES fanboy why the hell haven't I played the first two games and why didn't I get into Morrowind?
Fool.
I'm an Oblivion fan, just like every other person who played it till the end and didn't just give up an hour into it. lol
And just how is it the same shit again?
Let's rephrase, how is Dragon Age 2 not the same shit again?
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 8:43 am

http://kotaku.com/5728236/the-next-elder-scrolls-has-new-combat--levelling

Quote :
The next Elder Scrolls game, Skyrim, will be making some big changes to the way the series handles things like combat and levelling-up.

Firstly, combat: according to a piece in the latest issue of Game Informer, you can now dual-wield weapons in the game. To many it will sound like a cheap take on a Halo/Modern Warfare staple, but where in those shooters it's a part-time indulgence, in Skyrim it forms the cornerstone of your approach to the game, as you can allocate which weapon or tool goes in which hand.

So, for example, you can put a sword in one hand and a dagger in the other. Or two daggers. Or a staff and a shield. Or a shield and a mace. For magic users, a different spell can be cast from each hand, or for a multiplying effect, the same spell can be thrown from both hands.

Another change to the way Skyrim plays compared to its predecessor, Oblivion, is in how you gain new powers and abilities. This game does entirely away with the concept of class creation, Bethesda's thinking being it's a bit naff asking people to predict how they're going to play a game when they haven't played it yet.

Replacing this, then, is an organic system of attribute growth based on use: the more you do something, the better you get at it. While this has long been a staple of RPG games, even dating back to the Quest for Glory series, but in Skyrim it's not just complementing a class structure, it's replacing it. So you won't be cast in stone as a mage if you use lots of magic, you'll just be some adventurer with a higher magic number in their stats.

You level up according to how you progress your most-used skills. "Raising one skill from 34 to 35 is going to level you faster than raising one from 11 to 12", Bethesda's Todd Howard tells Game Informer. If you stick to what you like/do best, you'll level up quickly. Conversely, if you want to take things slowly, you can raise all or most of your skills, as not focusing on one or two in particular will mean a slower rise through the levels.

One wildly unpopular aspect of Oblivion was the fact basic enemies levelled up alongside you, meaning even the most powerful warriors could sometimes be undone by sewer rats or angry crabs. In Skyrim, though, your opponent's levelling is more like that found in Fallout 3.

Continuing Bethesda's work with Fallout 3, each new level you gain in Skyrim will also give you a perk, which you can apply to give you added bonuses relative to how you want to play the game.

The levelling sounds like an interesting experiment, one I like the sounds of since I always hate choosing an "archetype" in a game before I know how I'm going to play it. The combat also sounds like a welcome piece of customisation for the series, but how well they actually work in the game, we'll just have to wait until we get some time with it!
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:34 am

Pein, I am the biggest TES fanboy. Keep in mind, Pein, the game is still a work in progress and while it's almost complete, it does look a lot better than Oblivion. Plus, content is more important than graphics.

Pein, it's obviously not the same shit again, if you read the info on the game you would realize that. The post above mine should change your mind, and if it doesn't, then I really just don't know what to say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)   Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skyrim Hype (NEW INFO!)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next