Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? Empty
PostSubject: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 6:13 pm

Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? M0FTm0L

Quote :
Bleeding Cool reported last year that 20th Fox were in the process of looking for other writers and directors to tackle The Fantastic Four, but had no luck in finding anyone willing to take over in the midst of production. That rumour was dismissed at the time, and we heard nothing more until some recent rumblings of there maybe being some tension between the studio and Josh Trank. 

While Matthew Vaughn was quick to sing the praises of the movie recently, they now claim to have heard that studio bosses are not pleased with how The Fantastic Four has turned out, with it being described by some as "Chronicle 2 rather than Fantastic 4." The site adds that a well-connected senior executive has told them that The Fantastic Four is a "mess" and that there is some major "disquiet" behind the scenes in regards to the current state of the movie. As a result, expensive rehoots are apparently being demanded, with set in Louisiana being rebuilt to accomodate these.

If this is true, it could explain why we've seen NOTHING from the movie. Could the release now be delayed? We'll have to wait and see, but be share your thoughts on this in the usual place.

UPDATE: Badass Digest claims that they too have heard about reshoots, but add that these have been planned for well over a month now. They say that they've spoken to people who tell them The Fantastic Four is good, and others who say it's a mess, but the reason for reshoots is to add more action scenes as the movie is very character driven. Josh Trank is still said to be in the director's chair as well. Apparently, "This is very much an old school origin story - they aren't really "The Fantastic Four" until the very end of the movie - and I wonder if that has left Fox confused with what to show and how to show it." The plot thickens! Be sure to stay tuned to CBM for further updates.

Source: Comic Book Movie
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 6:45 pm

All the hate from Marvel fanboys is all over this! Imagine if this film turns out even better than DOFP. Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 6:48 pm

It's really hard forming an opinion when everything so far sounds like shit, and we've seen NOTHING released from Fox yet.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 6:51 pm

We seen 2 pics. We've seen little, not nothing.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 7:04 pm

@yonny616 Those are just LEAKED images from the set. Fox didn't released them.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 7:10 pm

@Mecha Doesn't change the fact we've seen something. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 7:48 pm

@yonny616 But I didn't say we've seen nothing. I said we've seen nothing released from Fox.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 8:58 pm

@Mecha And I said we still have seen something.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 9:01 pm

@yonny616 But nothing from Fox though.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 9:03 pm

@Mecha But still something though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 9:04 pm

@yonny616 Not from Fox, no.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 9:10 pm

@Mecha Still something from the film.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 9:12 pm

@yonny616 Not really. You got something leaked from the set. Not something from the actual film itself, which Fox have yet to release.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 9:14 pm

@Mecha Yes something. It was leaked photos from the set of the actual film itself.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 9:19 pm

@yonny616 But we still haven't seen a single glimpse of the actual film though. Those set images don't give us an idea of what the film will actually be like. Especially considering Doctor Doom and The Thing will be CGI'd in the actual film.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 9:27 pm

@Mecha Leaked images do give you a glimpse of the film. That's the job for the trailer.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 9:33 pm

@yonny611 No. Official stills, concept art, or promotional ads give you glimpses of the actual film. Set images without the cast and un-CGI'd characters on a green screen doesn't tell you jack shit.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 9:52 pm

@Mecha They tell me this is how these character will look.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 11:02 pm

Simon Kinberg Talks FANTASTIC FOUR Reshoot Rumors And CONFIRMS When The Trailer Hits

Quote :
The fact that we've seen nothing from The Fantastic Four means that everyone is thinking the worst of it, with plenty of reports (like the one earlier today) claiming that the reboot is in trouble.

Well, the movie's producer and writer Simon Kinberg has reached out to Latino-Review with the following statement: "To confirm - Fantastic Four will be doing 3-4 days of additional photography with director Josh Trank and some key cast members. We are very excited about the film and can't wait for you to see what we've been up to. And you will be able to do that very soon as I can confirm here that the teaser will be on Kingsman in theaters February 13."

It's worth noting of course that Kinberg isn't going to contact them and admit that the movie is in trouble, but three to four days of additional shooting is a lot different to the weeks of reshoots we heard about earlier, and I don't think he would tell an outright lie about how extensive they are. 

The main thing to focus on here is the fact that we now FINALLY know when the trailer will reach us! With a Super Bowl TV spot likely, it will obviously be early February that we start getting to see more from The Fantastic Four, including a poster and stills hopefully. What do you think?

Source: Comic Book Movie
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 8:30 am

Man, Fantastic Four are easily the best superhero team and have the best superhero team comics, but they just seem to be shit in every other medium because niggers can't adapt shit.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 9:04 am

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 9:08 am

Yes yes the guy who sold out thousands of times is who's opinion you can trust
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 9:00 am

After reading Josh Trank's interview, I'm now looking forward to this movie. I love how Trank is influenced by David Cronenberg films. So I can imagine how the tone is going to be in The Fantastic Four reboot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?   Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this why nothing official came out from The Fantastic Four reboot?
Page 1 of 1