Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)   Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 11:39 pm

Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) 409191096 So PQube has been seriously hinting at the possibility of getting an English release for the Steins;Gate visual novel, for something that isn't a PC (probably/hopefully the Vita, and maybe the 3DS).

Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) K6n51rR

Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) Untitled

Their Twitter is filled with English references to Steins;Gate, and their most recent on [above] seriously seems to suggest they've at least been looking into making it available in English on a non-PC platform.  Really hoping it'll be on the Vita. Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) 3224279020

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/is-steins-gate-coming-to-console-in-europe/

Last edited by Angelus on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Steiner
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)   Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 2:12 am

My body is ready. Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) 1082591386
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)   Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 2:45 pm

Well fuck, I'm hyped. Steins;Gate is easily one of my favorite anime's ever, and it's in my top 3 favorite anime's of all-time. I would love to play and experience the visual novel at some point. I heard it's pretty long, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)   Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 3:05 pm

Archduke wrote:
Well fuck, I'm hyped. Steins;Gate is easily one of my favorite anime's ever, and it's in my top 3 favorite anime's of all-time. I would love to play and experience the visual novel at some point. I heard it's pretty long, though.

It's mostly just getting all the endings that's long, according to what I've been told.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)   Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 3:17 pm

Angelus wrote:
Archduke wrote:

It's mostly just getting all the endings that's long, according to what I've been told.

How many endings are there?
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)   Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 3:24 pm

Archduke wrote:
Angelus wrote:
Archduke wrote:

How many endings are there?

All the character endings (not sure how many exactly), plus the true ending. The true ending's pretty tough, but getting all the flags, and every character's ending is what makes VNs exciting.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)   Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 3:35 pm

Just found out that the game is on the Google-Play App Store, for my Android phone. It's free as well. It's only the Japanese version, though. Weird. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)   Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 3:37 pm

Archduke wrote:
Just found out that the game is on the Google-Play App Store, for my Android phone. It's free as well. It's only the Japanese version, though. Weird. Evil or Very Mad

Lol, nice. I'll have to check that out. I hear it's pretty complicated for a VN though.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)   Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 3:51 pm

Angelus wrote:
Archduke wrote:

Lol, nice.  I'll have to check that out.  I hear it's pretty complicated for a VN though.

There's an english patch you can download right here. http://tldr.aloneunix.ru/2014/01/19/steinsgate-for-android-beta-english-patch-released/

or others across the net if you can find them.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)   Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 3:53 pm

Archduke wrote:
Angelus wrote:
Archduke wrote:

Lol, nice.  I'll have to check that out.  I hear it's pretty complicated for a VN though.

There's an english patch you can download right here. http://tldr.aloneunix.ru/2014/01/19/steinsgate-for-android-beta-english-patch-released/

That makes things easier xD. I probably won't start until we get more news, since I was always looking forward to playing it (along with the Fate series if they ever get localized) on Vita. Playing without buttons just isn't as satisfying to me, :/ I need to feel that "click" when I progress the story.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)   Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 4:04 pm

Angelus wrote:
Archduke wrote:
Angelus wrote:
Archduke wrote:

That makes things easier xD.  I probably won't start until we get more news, since I was always looking forward to playing it (along with the Fate series if they ever get localized) on Vita.  Playing without buttons just isn't as satisfying to me, :/ I need to feel that "click" when I progress the story.

Same. I just hate playing games on a touch-screen or mobile phone. The screen is too small and I hate the touch controls of a phone/tablet. I might get it for PC, though.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)   Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 8:36 pm

Looks like I'm not getting the Android version! Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) 1082591386

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/steins-gate-ps-vita-ps3-coming-2015/

Quote :
MAGES., 5pb. and Science Adventure Team’s critically acclaimed STEINS;GATE will be coming to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita systems in 2015, for both Europe and North America.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)   Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 12:25 am

Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) 2505020059 Very Happy Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) 21888

Great news. Will be checking out at some point.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)   Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 6:49 am

I sure hope DSP does a let's play of this.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)   Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 7:39 am

2Sugoi2Die wrote:

Lol, that would be awesome. He'd probably rage quit after getting the bad ending though. DSP1
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)   Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 8:23 pm

Angelus wrote:
2Sugoi2Die wrote:

Lol, that would be awesome.  He'd probably rage quit after getting the bad ending though. DSP1

Sadly, I can't see DarksydePhil ever playing this game. I doubt he would even consider it a game, and he would get pretty low viewership for it too. His videos tend to get low views when he plays some obscure and niche titles/JRPG's games. There would be no real incentive for him to play through this on youtube.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)   Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Archduke wrote:
Angelus wrote:
2Sugoi2Die wrote:

Lol, that would be awesome.  He'd probably rage quit after getting the bad ending though. DSP1

Sadly, I can't see DarksydePhil ever playing this game. I doubt he would even consider it a game, and he would get pretty low viewership for it too. His videos tend to get low views when he plays some obscure and niche titles/JRPG's games. There would be no real incentive for him to play through this on youtube.

It's possible, but very unlikely.  Most of his viewers aren't very understanding when it comes to how difficult and tiring reading everything out loud in a different voice can be either. He enjoys the Ace Attorney game though, and those are mostly VN.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)   Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 9:59 pm

Angelus wrote:
Archduke wrote:
Angelus wrote:
2Sugoi2Die wrote:

It's possible, but very unlikely.  Most of his viewers aren't very understanding when it comes to how difficult and tiring reading everything out loud in a different voice can be either.  He enjoys the Ace Attorney game though, and those are mostly VN.

I figured it would really be hard talking constantly while playing because you really want to get into the zone of playing.

Anyways, good the VN is coming over to Vita.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)   Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2014 12:25 am

I keep buying games that I play for an hour and then stop. Just these past 6 months I probably have close to 300 dollars in games I didn't even play. Guess it's time to try out some new genres. I really enjoyed 999 and Virtue's Last Reward, and did all endings too. I literally stayed up all night beating 999 and it was my first VN. It was around 10:30 and I figured hey I'll try 30 minutes of it before going to bed. Then I ended up staying up until 8AM beating the game, then the rest of that day I did all the true ending and the alternate endings. Of course that was back when those games came out, so time to try some more VN's again.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)   Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 1:11 am

Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)   Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 1:33 pm

Have all you guys pre-ordered the El Psy Congroo edition yet? Not much time left.

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/steinsgate-el-psy-kongroo-edition-revealed-rice-digital-exclusive/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)   Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steins;Gate Confirmed for English Vita Release (and PS3)
Page 1 of 1