Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pretty decent season right now.

Go down 
+2
Based Sonji
Gutzahn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

Pretty decent season right now.  Empty
PostSubject: Pretty decent season right now.    Pretty decent season right now.  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 4:22 pm

Anyone watching anything that aires at the moment ? Last season was pretty entertaining with shows like Aldnoah Zero, Zankyou no terror, Tokyo Ghoul and the still running Sword Art Onine 2. Still have to finish Tokyo Ghoul because of the censorship makes me wait for the dvd release and haven't watched SAO 2 yet, but it's supposedly atleast better than SAO's second arc and a bit of casual fun.

So here are the recent show that I am watching atm :

Psycho-Pass 2
Well I loved the first season so this is pretty much a no-brainer. I decided to wait after the second episode so I can binge in a few weeks.

Parasyte
People have been pretty hyped about this as the Manga suposedly is quite popular. A good show thus far with some gore and body horror, but nothing extreme. The dubstep elements of the soundtrack are noteworthyy as I haven't heard that in any other anime before.

Fate/ Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works

Well this one easily dominates the old adaptions of Stay Night. It has the production values you know from Fate/Zero and relieves it of the title of the best looking anime series. Shit looks and sounds gorgeous. Characters aren't up to Fate/Zero standards imho, and I can't say much about the story yet, but it's worth it for the eye candy alone.

Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Pretty decent season right now.    Pretty decent season right now.  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 4:46 pm

SAO2 shocked me. Kinda bounced back from the shit that was Arc 2 of Season 1.

Naruto ends in 2 days, forever (manga wise). Pretty disappointed. Been 15 years, some good arcs, some shit ones. Still gotta recognize how important it was to the popularity of Japanese entertainment today.

Bleach still shit, no idea when it'll end.

One Piece going strong as fuck, will probably never end

I recently got into Hunter x Hunter and am caught up. THESE DELAYS KILL ME.

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Pretty decent season right now.  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Pretty decent season right now.    Pretty decent season right now.  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 6:22 pm

I don't know what anime show to get into next? =/
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: Pretty decent season right now.    Pretty decent season right now.  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 6:24 pm

Well what are you looking for, if at all ? Any preferences or want some random recs ?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Pretty decent season right now.    Pretty decent season right now.  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 6:29 pm

I honestly have no clue what's so ever? I feel like anime these days are all about high school / college kids involved in some supernatural or science fiction shit.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Pretty decent season right now.    Pretty decent season right now.  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:10 pm

Haven't started SAO II yet. I'm still turned off by how bad the first season was. Though, I am hearing good things about it, so I will check it out eventually.

Watched the entirety of Zankyou no Terror. It was good and even very thrilling at times, but I felt like it should have been longer and fleshed out the plot a bit more. I also feel like the ending could have been better. Still a good show, nonetheless.

Need to get into Tokyo Ghoul. Season 2 is coming in January, so I will probably will have watched the 12 episodes of Season 1 before that starts.

Watched the first 7 episodes of Aldnoah.Zero. Wasn't really into it that much, and got turned off by how generic the plot and characters were. Some of the art is fucking shit as well. Since the 2nd half starts up in January, I MAY go back and watch the last 5 episodes of the first half before then.

Just started watching Bleach (LOL I know, A big 3 anime Razz) and just finished the first season/Saga of Yu Yu Hakusho. Kinda cool and interesting that I'm watching two shonen at the same time, that are both similar in nature  and have plots dealing with common things that both shows have. Will watch all of YYH, I may or may not stick around for Bleach, just because I heard it falls down a cliff after the first few hundred episodes or so.

Also interested in watching Noragami which I heard was good, and Robotics;Notes to finish the Science Adventure anime trilogy.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I am currently watching the new Sailor Moon reboot as well. It's too early to give my thoughts on the show overall. I also want to get into JoJo BA, but that probably won't happen until sometime in 2015, because I got too much stuff to watch at the moment.

Mecha wrote:
I honestly have no clue what's so ever? I feel like anime these days are all about high school / college kids involved in some supernatural or science fiction shit.  

Stop being a worthless peasant, and watch Fullmetal Alchemist already. Trust me, you won't regret it. It's FUCKING AWESOME! Plus, you can watch Brotherhood right after it, which is even better than the first series.

I also recommend Steins;Gate if your into shows that deal primarily with time-travel and consequences of past-actions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Pretty decent season right now.    Pretty decent season right now.  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:32 pm

I did watch Fullmetal Alchemist. I just haven't watched every episode yet.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Pretty decent season right now.    Pretty decent season right now.  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:51 pm

Mecha wrote:

Just watch it all over again from start to finish. Trust me, it's better that way.

Did you watch The Conqueror of Shambala? It's the movie that ends the first series.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: Pretty decent season right now.    Pretty decent season right now.  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:52 pm

For me Aldnoah was the best of the season. Especially that last episode and the epic soundtrack. Come on, Inaho wasn't generic. He felt pretty fresh to me. Didn't have such an efficient and emotionless mc in a while.

Well honestly, you can skip Fullmetal Alchemist and go right to Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood if you want to get to the awesome stuff faster. The original had it's moments, but it just can't stand up to Brotherhood in my opinion.

Mecha wrote:
Highschool sure is a problem in anime atm.
I have no idea what you watched so far, I will just drop a bunch of my favorites and avoid school :

Psycho-Pass
Dystopian psychological sci-fi law enforcement drama with a great villain.
Pretty decent season right now.  Psycho-pass-review-3

Fate/ Zero
Contemptorary fantasy battle royal setting where 7 mages summon a legendary hero each to compete for a chance to get a wish granted. Deals with clashes in ideology and has the best set of characters I know in anime. Pretty dark. "Let us tell the story of a certain man. The story of a man who believed in his ideals more than anyone else, and by them was driven to despair." - The man in question is an absolutely awesome character. My enjoyment of the franchise at the moment came from this show. Most characters are full grown adults with the youngest of the 7 mages for example being 19 (though this one looks a bit younger).
Pretty decent season right now.  Fate-zero-full-10703841

Steins;Gate
Time travel plot with an exceptional mc and my favorite anime. Not as action filled as some of my other choices, but with a smart plot and brilliant second half. Mc is 18 and goes to college, however the college is only used as a setting for one scene and the usual bs is avoided.
Pretty decent season right now.  Vtyo1

Baccano!
Crazy plot filled with gangsters, mafia, alchemy and immortals. A bunch of intertwining plots that makes for a complex story that will keep you guessing till it clears up nicely in the end and a whole cascade of enjoyable characters. Often described to be Tarantino - The Anime.
Pretty decent season right now.  Baccano

Last edited by Gutzahn on Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Pretty decent season right now.    Pretty decent season right now.  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:56 pm

Archduke wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Just watch it all over again from start to finish. Trust me, it's better that way.

Did you watch The Conqueror of Shambala? It's the movie that ends the first series.

Didn't watch the movie, but I was very interested in watching it the first time the trailer came out. I might watch the whole series one day. But for right now, I got other shows to watch.

@Gutzahn I'm already a fan of Baccano! I think it's a very underrated anime.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Pretty decent season right now.    Pretty decent season right now.  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:58 pm

Baccano! is so badass. Not underrated at all, very widely recognized as great.

As for movies, I suggest watching Sword of the Stranger (great action, music, simple storytelling, great art) and Tekkon Kinkreet (unique in just about everything it does. Don't know another anime that does anything like it.)
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Pretty decent season right now.    Pretty decent season right now.  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 9:02 pm

Gutzahn wrote:
For me Aldnoah was the best of the season. Especially that last episode and the epic soundtrack. Come on, Inaho wasn't generic. He felt pretty fresh to me. Didn't have such an efficient and emotionless mc in a while.

Well honestly, you can skip Fullmetal Alchemist and go right to Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood if you want to get to the awesome stuff faster. The original had it's moments, but it just can't stand up to Brotherhood in my opinion.

Mecha wrote:
Highschool sure is a problem in anime atm.
I have no idea what you watched so far, I will just drop a bunch of my favorites and avoid school :

Psycho-Pass
Dystopian psychological sci-fi law enforcement drama with a great villain.
Pretty decent season right now.  Psycho-pass-review-3

Fate/ Zero
Contemptorary fantasy battle royal setting where 7 mages summon a legendary hero each to compete for a chance to get a wish granted. Deals with clashes in ideology and has the best set of characters I know in anime. Pretty dark. "Let us tell the story of a certain man. The story of a man who believed in his ideals more than anyone else, and by them was driven to despair." - The man in question is an absolutely awesome character. My enjoyment of the franchise at the moment came from this show. Most characters are full grown adults with the youngest of the 7 mages for example being 19 (though this one looks a bit younger).
Pretty decent season right now.  Fate.zero.full.1072802

Steins;Gate
Time travel plot with an exceptional mc and my favorite anime. Not as action filled as some of my other choices, but with a smart plot and brilliant second half. Mc is 18 and goes to college, however the college is only used as a setting for one scene and the usual bs is avoided.
Pretty decent season right now.  Vtyo1

Baccano!
Crazy plot filled with gangsters, mafia, alchemy and immortals. A bunch of intertwining plots that makes for a complex story that will keep you guessing till it clears up nicely in the end and a whole cascade of enjoyable characters. Often described to be Tarantino - The Anime.
Pretty decent season right now.  Baccano

I'm pretty sure he's seen Baccano before. Razz

The original FMA has a better OST and does the beginning story of FMA a bit more justice. Brotherhood just quickly skips over some of the stuff in the beginning or rushes through it to get to the new material, found in the manga. I would recommend Mecha watch both, just so he compare the two and see what was similar in both anime shows. Plus, I know you didn't really like it Gutzahn, but I though the 2nd half of the original FMA was pretty cool and it was pretty dark in nature. It also does humor a lot better than Brotherhood did. The movie ain't bad, either.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Pretty decent season right now.    Pretty decent season right now.  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 9:03 pm

Based Sonji wrote:
Baccano! is so badass. Not underrated at all, very widely recognized as great.

As for movies, I suggest watching Sword of the Stranger (great action, music, simple storytelling, great art) and Tekkon Kinkreet (unique in just about everything it does. Don't know another anime that does anything like it.)

It's underrated in the sense that not enough people talk about it.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Pretty decent season right now.    Pretty decent season right now.  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 5:48 pm

Just watched all of Tokyo Ghoul, in like two days. Razz Overall, it's a good show and has some really badass moments. The fights are pretty nice, and it can get really gorey at times. Though, people were saying that the version of the show that is available for legal streaming on websites like Hulu Crunchyroll, and the FUNimation website is censored. Like WTF it is? I couldn't notice if it was or not? Anyways, no real ending though, as that's probably being saved for the second season coming in January.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Pretty decent season right now.  TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Pretty decent season right now.    Pretty decent season right now.  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 6:40 pm

Just started Psycho Pass, reminds me of Ghost in The Shell.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: Pretty decent season right now.    Pretty decent season right now.  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 7:01 pm

Archduke wrote:
Just watched all of Tokyo Ghoul, in like two days. Razz Overall, it's a good show and has some really badass moments. The fights are pretty nice, and it can get really gorey at times. Though, people were saying that the version of the show that is available for legal streaming on websites like Hulu Crunchyroll, and the FUNimation website is censored. Like WTF it is? I couldn't notice if it was or not? Anyways, no real ending though, as that's probably being saved for the second season coming in January.
Well in that case you didn't watch the censored version. You would know it if you did. It was so bad it actually made some scenes hard to understand as they full censored the whole screen at times. One if not the worst case of censoring I have ever seen in an anime.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Pretty decent season right now.    Pretty decent season right now.  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 8:20 pm

Censored version of Tokyo Ghoul was bullshit. The manga is great though.

I am watching Akame ga Kill, SAO2, and Parasyte. Akame ga Kill is pretty fucking cool I recommend it. It's about a group of assassins who murder corrupt politicians, military leaders, and other rich people. SAO2 is alright.

I shat bricks when I saw Parasyte was made into an anime. I read the manga 5 years ago and it's been one of my favorites since then. I was sure the time for an anime of it had long passed. Since they made jojo and parasyte into anime, I hope we'll be seeing an era of older manga series being remade into animes in the near future. If Akumetsu and Shin Angyo Onshi got an anime that would be a dream come true. (let's pretend that shitty blade of the phantom master movie was never made).
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Pretty decent season right now.    Pretty decent season right now.  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 8:33 pm

Stigma wrote:
Censored version of Tokyo Ghoul was bullshit. The manga is great though.

I am watching Akame ga Kill, SAO2, and Parasyte. Akame ga Kill is pretty fucking cool I recommend it. It's about a group of assassins who murder corrupt politicians, military leaders, and other rich people. SAO2 is alright.

I shat bricks when I saw Parasyte was made into an anime. I read the manga 5 years ago and it's been one of my favorites since then. I was sure the time for an anime of it had long passed. Since they made jojo and parasyte into anime, I hope we'll be seeing an era of older manga series being remade into animes in the near future. If Akumetsu and Shin Angyo Onshi got an anime that would be a dream come true. (let's pretend that shitty blade of the phantom master movie was never made).

I hear this upcoming arc for SAO2 is supposed to be badass. I've been on the fringe about Akame ga Kill, but that description kinda got me sold. Gotta find time though, busy catching up on HxH.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Pretty decent season right now.    Pretty decent season right now.  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 5:44 pm

@Mecha I also recommend Black Lagoon. The english dub is amazing, and I've been binge watching the shit out of it for the past two days. Such a badass show, and I feel like this was created to appeal to the West.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pretty decent season right now.    Pretty decent season right now.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pretty decent season right now.
Page 1 of 1