Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is anyone here a fan of Metro?

Go down 
+3
Chobo
Mecha
TerraXehanort
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TerraXehanort
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt

Stature : 2

Is anyone here a fan of Metro? Empty
PostSubject: Is anyone here a fan of Metro?   Is anyone here a fan of Metro? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 1:18 pm

I own 2033 on Steam and recently got Last Light Complete Edition on Steam for $5, not that I'm gonna play it. I probably won't, but Last Light on PS3 I've played and I didn't like it. Why? The button layout I couldn't change to something better, I at least when I play a shooter like to have O as melee and R3 as crouch... But can i change it to that? Nope.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Is anyone here a fan of Metro? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone here a fan of Metro?   Is anyone here a fan of Metro? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 2:56 pm

Never played Metro 2033.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Is anyone here a fan of Metro? 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone here a fan of Metro?   Is anyone here a fan of Metro? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 5:03 pm

They are very good In my opinion. Very atmospheric and makes you feel like you are in a Post-Apocalyptic Russian Metro. Metro Redux is a damn fine remastering of the games. It makes 2033 look and play like Last Light with the option to play like Last Light or the more survival focused 2033. It makes playing through 2033 tolerable. I recommend them highly.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone here a fan of Metro?   Is anyone here a fan of Metro? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 3:38 pm

Not playing a game because you don't like the controller layout is just stupid. Sure being able to freely map the button layout would be nice, but it's not a big deal at all. You get used to it.

Last edited by Stigma on Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone here a fan of Metro?   Is anyone here a fan of Metro? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 4:57 pm

^ Damn straight. And even then on PC there's programs to change your controller layout. Eg: Pinaccle, XPadder, etc.

Ive got Metro 2033 but I didnt give it a proper chance.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone here a fan of Metro?   Is anyone here a fan of Metro? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 5:32 pm

It's one of the few FPS games with a proper single player.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Is anyone here a fan of Metro? StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone here a fan of Metro?   Is anyone here a fan of Metro? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 7:21 pm

Played the second game. Enjoyed it. Going to get the remaster release in the next couple of days.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone here a fan of Metro?   Is anyone here a fan of Metro? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 11:21 pm

I will be picking up the remaster on PS4 in the near future. Last Light I heard was really good, and 2033 looks interesting to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone here a fan of Metro?   Is anyone here a fan of Metro? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 12:15 am

Archduke wrote:
I will be picking up the remaster on PS4 in the near future. Last Light I heard was really good, and 2033 looks interesting to me.

It has a great atmosphere. Some of the levels are pretty big. Like sometimes you'll be going through a tunnel, and while you could just go straight through and complete the level I always liked to take a detour and go through some of the other passages along the way. There isn't any practical reward though, the exploration is the reward itself. Like there was this one area in Last Light with mutant spiders and it was covered in webs and there was no light expect my flashlight. It was creepy as shit. The scariest part wasn't seeing the spiders, it was hearing them.

The stealth elements in Metro 2033 are a little wonky but a big improvement in Last Light. You could go through most of the game without killing any human enemies in Last Light. It's an FPS but it has a good mix of stealth and horror thrown in. Excellent writing too, the game is based off the novel Metro 2033 and the author was involved in the development of the game too. I would recommend taking your time with the games and not playing them like a normal FPS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone here a fan of Metro?   Is anyone here a fan of Metro? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is anyone here a fan of Metro?
Page 1 of 1