Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well

Go down 
+3
Bluenose
The_Biotic_God
Mecha
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well Empty
PostSubject: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 11:10 am

Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well Shuhei11

Quote :
At gamescom last week Sony announced that over 10 million PS4 consoles have been sold in the 9 months since launch. It’s a bigger number than anyone anticipated, and even president of Sony’s Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida doesn’t know why it’s doing so well.

“It’s just beyond our imagination. We are so happy. But I for one am a bit nervous because we do not completely understand what’s happening,” said Yoshida in an interview with Eurogamer.

He goes on to say that Sony has had marketing people look into this early success, and have found that a lot of PS4 owners did not own a PS3, or any last-gen console at all.

“As soon as we see a great sales number, our instinct tells us we should be concerned about future sales, right? Are we exhausting all the core gamers? If we sell this number of units, there are no more consumers we can sell to. That’s a really terrifying prospect,” said Yoshida. “So we want to understand who are these consumers who we do not necessarily consider core gamers, who are purchasing PS4 and why they are doing it and what they are doing with PS4, so we can create a bit more of a positive future, rather than saying, wow, we have sold to every single core gamer. So that’s what we are doing.”

In the same interview Yoshida said that although EA Access will not be coming to PS4 now, he will not rule it out for the future. “It’s more a business matter. I’m not directly involved as it’s a third-party relations matter. But I’m sure our third-party guys are talking with EA closely. And also we are listening to consumers as well.”

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 12:38 pm

Holy shit after Sony got used to so much failure they actually got genuinely scared at the PS4 sales.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 3:51 pm

Neither do I.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:38 pm

1st place 4 lyfe
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 7:04 pm

First console release under the age of social media.
Back to top Go down
TerraXehanort
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt

Stature : 2

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 7:08 pm

I don't even understand why it's selling well. I legitimately see nothing the Xbox One doesn't all ready have to be excited about. The games are important... And for a console with no games to outsell the competition is embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 8:50 pm

TerraXehanort wrote:
I don't even understand why it's selling well. I legitimately see nothing the Xbox One doesn't all ready have to be excited about. The games are important... And for a console with no games to outsell the competition is embarrassing.

Embarrassing..... for the competition.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 9:22 pm

Naughty Dog & Sony FTW
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 9:39 pm

Teckno wrote:
TerraXehanort wrote:

Yes, it's embarrassing for MS because of the PR trainwreck.

It's also equally embarrassing for consumers who jump on bandwagons. I bought a PS4 so I could play with my brother. My brother doesn't play his PS4. I feel embarrassed for myself.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 10:48 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Teckno wrote:
TerraXehanort wrote:

It's also equally embarrassing for consumers who jump on bandwagons. I bought a PS4 so I could play with my brother. My brother doesn't play his PS4. I feel embarrassed for myself.

Can't say there really is any multiplayer game worth dedicating time on the PS4 to just yet so I can see why your brother doesn't touch it.

Sure we got it early and so did the other 10 million, but we all know the games will eventually come.

When ME4 or UC4 comes out you can always play with me honey boo boo.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 12:40 am

Teckno wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Teckno wrote:
TerraXehanort wrote:

Can't say there really is any multiplayer game worth dedicating time on the PS4 to just yet so I can see why your brother doesn't touch it.

Sure we got it early and so did the other 10 million, but we all know the games will eventually come.

This is true. I'm just mad at myself for buying a launch model console. I use to make fun of people who did that.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 11:39 am

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Teckno wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Teckno wrote:
TerraXehanort wrote:

This is true. I'm just mad at myself for buying a launch model console. I use to make fun of people who did that.

Breaking news: Sony releases super slim model that performs 10000% better for $349.99!!!!!!

We're going to be one of those angry people.  Neutral 
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 2:38 pm

Teckno wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Teckno wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Teckno wrote:
TerraXehanort wrote:

Breaking news: Sony releases super slim model that performs 10000% better for $349.99!!!!!!

We're going to be one of those angry people.  Neutral 

1 TB models for the same price will probably be on shelves this holiday.
Back to top Go down
TerraXehanort
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt

Stature : 2

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 5:51 pm

I'm just either gonna buy the one or buy a hard drive for my 360. I have gotta get myself an apartment before I do anything that costs around 300+ dollars.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 9:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 10:05 am

I'll wait for a Mortal Kombat bundle
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 9:33 am

Destiny boosts UK PS4 sales 300%, Xbox One outsold 2:1

Quote :
Sony takes a major win from Activision’s blockbuster launch.

PS4 hardware sales rose 300% in the UK last week thanks to Destiny’s launch, MCV’s reporting.

While no specific figures were forthcoming – the number’s from ChartTrack: if you release the actual data you go to jail for 100 million years – it’s been confirmed that last week was PS4′s biggest of the year in Britain.

PS4 outsold Xbox One by 2:1 in the UK last week.

Destiny took over $325 million in sales in its first fives days on sale, as reported yesterday.

The “shared world shooter” was the most pre-ordered new IP in history.

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 6:05 pm

Mecha wrote:
Destiny boosts UK PS4 sales 300%, Xbox One outsold 2:1

Quote :
Sony takes a major win from Activision’s blockbuster launch.

PS4 hardware sales rose 300% in the UK last week thanks to Destiny’s launch, MCV’s reporting.

While no specific figures were forthcoming – the number’s from ChartTrack: if you release the actual data you go to jail for 100 million years – it’s been confirmed that last week was PS4′s biggest of the year in Britain.

PS4 outsold Xbox One by 2:1 in the UK last week.

Destiny took over $325 million in sales in its first fives days on sale, as reported yesterday.

The “shared world shooter” was the most pre-ordered new IP in history.

I wonder how many of them were Destiny bundles.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 9:56 am

Destiny, despite being a slightly above-average game, did great for the sales of the PS4. The Destiny bundle was the best thing that could have happened to the PS4.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 4:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 5:30 pm

Woah.
This has no impact on my decision to buy a PS4 or make the console look any better to me, I'm still not seeing any games.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 3:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well   Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony doesn't know why the PS4 is selling so well
Page 1 of 1