Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hoarding in video games

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Hoarding in video games Empty
PostSubject: Hoarding in video games   Hoarding in video games I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 3:12 am

I have this problem in RPGs where I get rare or valuable items that I save and never use. It happens in everything. Elixers and MegaElixers in Final Fantasy, Somas and Chakra Pots in Megaten/Persona games, Elixers and Max Revives in Pokemon, Divine Blessings/New Moon Grass in Souls, etc. I get these rare consumables and I get into tough battles and I'm always like "no, I need to save it for a future boss", even if it means I'll lose the battle I'm currently in. Then I finally get to the final battle and I have 15 somas saved up and I use like 2 during the battle. Just... Hoarding in video games 1443829230

I also end up gathering a bunch of pointless shit for no apparent reason. Particularly in Elder Scrolls and Souls games. I find new weapons or armor that I should probably sell, but that thought always comes up "maybe I'll use this one day..." or "no! I could enchant this!". In Souls games I never discard or sell anything, even if it means having 10 sets of the same armor piece. Then in Skyrim I decorate my house with all the pointless shit I gather. Which is pointless because the only times I actually visit my house is too...drop off more pointless crap...

Does anyone else do this or am I just a weirdo?
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Hoarding in video games   Hoarding in video games I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 5:32 am

I think everyone had this moments with rare consumables. I know I had this problem too. I kinda got over that by now, because I thought about it and decided that I will use up any item I need when playing through Dark Souls 2 blind. I kinda justified using good health items outside of the boss because i thought that this way I wouldeither reach the boss with more health in the first place, or I would atleast reach the next area/boss sooner, so I would gain the extra try time that I would otherwise use up here.

With Armor and Weapons I try to have 2 weapons of every kind in case I want to dual wield them, no matter how shitty they are. And 1 armor piece of every kind.

So maybe you do this stuff in a more extreme way, I think at some point every gamer does stuff like this.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Hoarding in video games   Hoarding in video games I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 7:38 am

Yeah youre right. On any RPG I stock up on ridiculous amounts of health potions I'll never use.
On TES I use TGM command just so I can hold more shit
If I like an armour, even when I have 40 pieces of better armour, I'll still keep it because it looks cool
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Hoarding in video games   Hoarding in video games I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 10:21 am

That's why I like when games have banks built into the game. And I hate it when the banks have limited slots, like WTF does it matter to the developers if they were unlimited.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hoarding in video games   Hoarding in video games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hoarding in video games
Page 1 of 1