Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To?

Go down 
+2
Orion
Orc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To? Empty
PostSubject: Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To?   Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To? I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 1:54 pm

I haven't watched through yet so I apologise if there's any bugs or anything
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To? TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To?   Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To? I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 2:45 pm

Xbox 1 LOL

Don't get a fucking xbone you faggot

Also who are u voting for? I'm voting Conservatives
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To?   Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To? I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 3:31 pm

I'm voting conservative
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To? ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To?   Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To? I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 5:44 pm

My gf would kill me if I voted conservative. I think I'll die an honourable death.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To?   Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To? I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 5:47 pm

coz she smoaks teh wead
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To?   Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 11:09 am

It's worth upgrading to for the convenience alone.
You have to put some effort in at the start, but after the initial struggle it just easily obliterates consoles. I go to my ps3 for the sweet exclusives and the bluray player.

But there is no way I would ever put console gaming over pc gaming. Even IF the graphics and performance would be worse, the overall comfort and diversity is enough to justify the pc.

I mean consoles are cool and all, I won't mindlessly bash them and I use them myself, but especially the mp on consoles feels just so casual and weak. There is just nothing close to getting your friends together for ranked lol matches or joining the irc to find some 5v5 mr15 d2 mid- on.
You get some weak matchmaking with strangers who from time to time have some shitty mics.
You don't have the option to tab out to start the podcast you like in the background while downloading your patch and pause the show you are watching in the background while the game loads or your friends search a server. You don't have ts3 or skype.
You don't have obs running in the background and premier rendering a funny fail compilation of your group.
You don't have game libraries that are even half the size of your pc library, even though you spend just as much money on games.

You have 2 things : Singleplayer exclusives and a way cheaper setup. And that's enough to make me play on a console from time to time, but not enough to make it my main source of gaming for long.

Sry if this was unstructured, I am in a bit of a hurry.

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To?   Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 1:59 pm

Gutzahn wrote:
It's worth upgrading to for the convenience alone.
You have to put some effort in at the start, but after the initial struggle it just easily obliterates consoles. I go to my ps3 for the sweet exclusives and the bluray player.

But there is no way I would ever put console gaming over pc gaming. Even IF the graphics and performance would be worse, the overall comfort and diversity is enough to justify the pc.

I mean consoles are cool and all, I won't mindlessly bash them and I use them myself, but especially the mp on consoles feels just so casual and weak. There is just nothing close to getting your friends together for ranked lol matches or joining the irc to find some 5v5 mr15 d2 mid- on.
You get some weak matchmaking with strangers who from time to time have some shitty mics.
You don't have the option to tab out to start the podcast you like in the background while downloading your patch and pause the show you are watching in the background while the game loads or your friends search a server. You don't have ts3 or skype.
You don't have obs running in the background and premier rendering a funny fail compilation of your group.
You don't have game libraries that are even half the size of your pc library, even though you spend just as much money on games.

You have 2 things : Singleplayer exclusives and a way cheaper setup. And that's enough to make me play on a console from time to time, but not enough to make it my main source of gaming for long.

Sry if this was unstructured, I am in a bit of a hurry.

Could it be possible? A PC gamer making valid points without acting elitist?

TELL ME MARTHA IT AIN'T SO!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To?   Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 2:29 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
I'm voting conservative
MAH NIGGA

Anyways you guys heard the news?

JuLY 2014
Lykos VS Orion - XBONE VS PS4 VS PC
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To?   Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 4:00 pm

Respect Gutzahn. I appreciate that. I agree PC has the diversity and the fact is it has far more potential than console. Hell I have a blu ray player in my PC so literally I should only go to consoles for exclusives by your logic. However for me it's the ease of use and the guarantee of the games working straight away, which makes me like consoles.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To?   Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 4:10 pm

Sir Angelus Ignobilius wrote:
My gf would kill me if I voted conservative.  I think I'll die an honourable death.
Do you guys have UKIP in America?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To?   Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 5:23 pm

Orion wrote:
My gf would kill me if I voted conservative.  I think I'll die an honourable death.

Keep going off topic and I will ban your ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To?   Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 6:27 pm

Orion wrote:

Off topic quickly, sorry Teckno, I am voting UKIP personally :)
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To?   Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To? I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 2:27 am

WHAT. Have you read their fucking manifesto? They are a crock of shit.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To? StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To?   Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To? I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 2:58 am

Last warning Orion-san.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To? ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To?   Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To? I_icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2014 3:10 am

Orion wrote:

The fuck would I know?

I think the diversity of PC games is kinda negligible, since 90% of that is just absolute shit, like League of Legends, and Goat Simulator. Though I may be biased, since all of my favourite games are on PlayStation anyway. I still play a lot of VNs on PC, and would definitely recommend at least having a capable laptop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To?   Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is PC Gaming Worth Upgrading To?
Page 1 of 1