Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Deep Down developers are sexist

Go down 
+9
Orc
Gutzahn
The_Mandarin
2Sugoi2Die
Archduke
Angelus
Orion
Bluenose
Mecha
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Deep Down developers are sexist - Page 3 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

Deep Down developers are sexist - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 4:14 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:
Sir Angelus the Revenant wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:
White privilege most definitely is not an overblown exaggeration. To even suggest it is shows what kind of a bubble you live in.

Prove it.  Without nitpicking at tiny issues.
I already said that as a white man, you wouldn't be stopped and frisked by police. You wouldn't have eyes watching you as you entered a convenience store. Statistically there's a large wealth disparity between blacks and whites.

I said without nitpicking...

Whites are not inherently richer, any wealth disparity makes sense given history and will probably either disappear or remain the same depending on psychological or cultural differences.

There are cameras in every convenience store, so that just incorrect. I would be watched carefully if I wore baggy pants and a hood or concealed my face I would. This might be a bit of an issue in some very southern states, but not really anywhere else. If it is, it's probably more of an Indian cultural thing, and does not reflect white privilege.

I may be frisked if I acted like a thug or gangster. An average black guy probably wouldn't unless he lived in a really racist State. Even then he could probably complain and get the officer in trouble for racial profiling.

Even if those all applied as much as you seem to think, it wouldn't exactly be displaying white privilege.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Deep Down developers are sexist - Page 3 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Deep Down developers are sexist - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 6:11 pm

That's simply not true. New York is a progressive state and minorities are frisked here a lot. The fact that you see those things as "nitpicking" are just your way of keeping your bubble intact.

But this doesn't have to do with the topic at hand and the thread has run its course so I'm locking it.
Back to top Go down

Deep Down developers are sexist
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3