Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deep Down developers are sexist

Go down 
+9
Orc
Gutzahn
The_Mandarin
2Sugoi2Die
Archduke
Angelus
Orion
Bluenose
Mecha
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Deep Down developers are sexist R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Deep Down developers are sexist Empty
PostSubject: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 8:58 am

Deep Down developers are sexist Women-10

Quote :
Deep Down’s developers have made the choice not to include playable female characters in the free-to-play PS4 RPG, according to reports from a livestream event.

According to DualShockers‘ translation of Capcom producer Kazunori Sugiura’s comments during a Nico Nico video, only male characters will be available.

Sugiura said the lack of female character is tied to the story somehow.

During the livestream, the producer also confirmed Remote Play on Vita will be supported.

At launch, there will be only four weapon types available – spear, sword and shield, greatsword and one unrevealed type – but this will be expanded later. Each weapon has very different gameplay.

The game will feature a story mode divided into four chapters.

The producer said that the “casual” difficulty present in last year’s Tokyo Game Show demo won’t be included in the final game, and declined to give any indication on beta or release date. We do know it won’t hit Japan until northern autumn at the earliest.

Thanks, Destructoid.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:53 am

lol Can't wait to hear the plot reason.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Deep Down developers are sexist TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:01 am

Good, fuck girls
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Deep Down developers are sexist ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 3:03 pm

Someone should send this to Anita.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 3:16 pm

If girls are so butthurt, they should make their own mmo
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Deep Down developers are sexist ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 3:17 pm

If girls are so butthurt, they should get off their asses and into the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 5:24 pm

Angelus the Revenant wrote:
If girls are so butthurt, they should get off their asses and into the kitchen.

Deep Down developers are sexist HpONL1
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Deep Down developers are sexist StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 6:32 pm

Orion wrote:
If girls are so butthurt, they should make their own mmo

That would actually require doing something other than complaining.
Back to top Go down
The_Mandarin
Background Character
Background Character
The_Mandarin

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 7:19 am

In the words of our lord and savior, Chad Warden, everyone knows girls can't do anything other than suck dick.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 7:22 am

misleading title to the max
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 8:44 am

Well the game looks to be pretty gritty and masculine, so yeah, makes sense.
I don't see why it is so taboo to have male-centric games, especially since males make up the majority of gamers...not to mention, it's all about vision. There are lots of female-oriented shows, films and games. What's wrong with male oriented ones?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Deep Down developers are sexist R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 8:04 am

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 11:28 am

Oh right, so it's fine if it's just one male character, but if it's 12 male characters then OMG GET OUT YOUR HANDBAGS AND START HITTING THE DEVELOPERS.

Who gives a fuck? There are games with just women, and there are games with just men. I doubt most women can even hold that protagonist's sword, let alone fight with it. Hell, men have always been the people fighting in armies throughout time. It makes common sense to have a game with the fighters to be the ones who naturally have it in their blood.

This IGN guy is a faggot with his "for some sinister reason" comments. Face it, this is a game that will be played by mostly men, so men should be who you play as. It's how business and marketing work.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 1:12 pm

@Lykos

Dude, we get it. You like guys, you don't need to remind us all the time with this misogyny every time.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Deep Down developers are sexist Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 2:12 pm

I agree with Lykos on this one. 

It's just people being butthurt over something that's dumb to complain about.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 2:15 pm

No, it's sexist.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Deep Down developers are sexist 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 2:17 pm

Hey Feminists? How about you stop complaining about something so trivial like this and go complain about important shit.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 2:25 pm

Chobo wrote:
Hey Feminists? How about you stop complaining about something so trivial like this and go complain about important shit.

U fucking say something bad about feminism again u sexist pig and i'll fucking gut u like the disgusting male beta gender you are
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Deep Down developers are sexist XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 7:21 am

I don't think men are in any position to shrug off sexism. That said, it's not a big deal since this is a male character, but if he was fully customizable and there were no female options, that'd be an issue. Despite what Lykos may think, women are definitely underrepresented in video games.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Deep Down developers are sexist StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 8:35 am

Welp if a characters gender gonna be a barrier for someone then that is their own problem.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:21 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:
I don't think men are in any position to shrug off sexism. That said, it's not a big deal since this is a male character, but if he was fully customizable and there were no female options, that'd be an issue. Despite what Lykos may think, women are definitely underrepresented in video games.

Can't win, can I?

If I say I don't enjoy playing as female characters, people give me shit for being sexist.

If a woman says we're under-represented, we want to be able to play as females, then the industry's sexist, not the women for refusing to play as men.

Fact is, there are a number of games that allow women to play as their own gender. However which percentage of the players are women? An almost insignificant fraction. Let's face it, The Sims is more up female's streets. Not for all of them, as there are some which enjoy more male-oriented games, but that is the thing. They are MALE oriented, so naturally they are going to focus their efforts on appealing to that male demography that makes up of about 95% of the games sales, rather than waste valuable development time to focus on features or aspects that will only be enjoyed by the 5%. These are made up statistics but just a basic idea for perspective.

Also
"The majority of the people who work on game development teams are men.[7] As a result the team's best efforts often result in a game that closely matches the male perspective and expectations. "

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Deep Down developers are sexist XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 3:17 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:

Can't win, can I?

If I say I don't enjoy playing as female characters, people give me shit for being sexist.

If a woman says we're under-represented, we want to be able to play as females, then the industry's sexist, not the women for refusing to play as men.

Fact is, there are a number of games that allow women to play as their own gender. However which percentage of the players are women? An almost insignificant fraction. Let's face it, The Sims is more up female's streets. Not for all of them, as there are some which enjoy more male-oriented games, but that is the thing. They are MALE oriented, so naturally they are going to focus their efforts on appealing to that male demography that makes up of about 95% of the games sales, rather than waste valuable development time to focus on features or aspects that will only be enjoyed by the 5%. These are made up statistics but just a basic idea for perspective.

Also
"The majority of the people who work on game development teams are men.[7] As a result the team's best efforts often result in a game that closely matches the male perspective and expectations. "

There's a difference between refusing to play as a gender and wanting your gender represented more. It's easy for you guys to shrug it off because you're all men, on the outside of the issue. Also, don't use shitty hiring practices on behalf of the studios to justify why games are so male-centric. You can't hire an abnormally small number of women and then go, "Well what do you expect, it's mostly men here!"
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 12:48 pm

Game is definitely sexist. It needs more Male characters. You can never have enough dudebros in one game.

just kidding of course. Razz
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:24 pm

Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Deep Down developers are sexist   Deep Down developers are sexist I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:22 am

Jack the Spectre wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:

Can't win, can I?

Also

There's a difference between refusing to play as a gender and wanting your gender represented more. It's easy for you guys to shrug it off because you're all men, on the outside of the issue. Also, don't use shitty hiring practices on behalf of the studios to justify why games are so male-centric. You can't hire an abnormally small number of women and then go, "Well what do you expect, it's mostly men here!"

Saying women are underrepresented in videogames is like saying black people are underrepresented in NASCAR.

You're probably right but no one gives a fuck.
Back to top Go down

Deep Down developers are sexist
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next