Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead

Go down 
+14
ghost23
RamboOnRedBull
Jack the Spectre
Pein
ArchAngel
NoelX2
TheJubJub5721
Archduke
Bluenose
Chobo
The Enkindler
Blixtstorm
Hydell
Mecha
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead Empty
PostSubject: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 10:42 am

EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead Funny-pictures-ambush-cat

Quote :
Retail says rival EA and Activision games arrive ‘within days’ of each other; COD’s November arrival confirmed by May 23rd

EA doesn't want Activision grabbing headlines with Call of Duty any longer – it is trying to release Battlefield 3 as close to ‘Modern Warfare 3’ as possible, retailers have told MCV.

That could mean a day-and-date clash, although a release in the days before a new CoD is more likely.

EA won’t comment on the speculation, but whatever the date this aggresive play would put more pressure on Call of Duty as EA competes for FPS dominance. This week its US HQ said BF3 marketing was on the “offensive” against Activision.

The expected second-week-of-November return for Call of Duty will be officially confirmed by May 23rd, buyers also tell us.

Once details on the presumed follow-up to 2009 blockbuster Modern Warfare 2 are known, eyes will turn to EA.

“EA hasn’t been shy with Battlefield 3. It’s well known it will tackle CoD head-on,” our retail source said. “We’re ready for them to arrive within days of each other.”

NEED TO KNOW: CALL OF DUTY

The eighth Call of Duty – presumed to be a third Modern Warfare – will arrive in the second week of November, likely the 8th. Since 2007 release Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Activision has ruled the FPS genre, mixing retail sales with DLC map revenues. 2010 game Black Ops is the best-selling current generation game. Activision is this year expanding the franchise with a free-to-play version and a new online platform for fans.

NEED TO KNOW: BATTLEFIELD

Battlefield 3 is a sequel to 2005’s Battlefield 2 and arrives in the wake of 2010 barnstormer BF: Bad Company 2. It’s built with a new engine by its Swedish developer EA DICE. And it’s propelled by just as powerful a hype machine: EA has been pitching it as the true challenger to CoD and CEO John Riccitiello says the game will ‘take down’ Call of Duty in a marketing “offensive” costing over $100m between the two brands.

Source: MCV
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:18 am

Battlefield 3 will completly destroy mw3 quality wise but.... Seriously EA is sending a suicide bomber to activision with this. Call of duty will remain dominant as long as teh little 12 years old with no skill will buy it. I mean battlefield 3 will obviously sell millions but to attack call of duty while its at its peak?
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:55 am

As long as Battlefield is about team play and actually requiring you to use your head, it will never be as popular as CoD which is catered towards people who just want to switch their heads off and kill people at any range even with guns that technically have 50 meter ranges....because thats how CoD rolls aka unrealistic as fuck.

CoD players cant handle Battlefield, they just arent mentally capable and they just havent evolved yet :)
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:59 am

^
Attack Call of Duty at its peak?

You know... Infinity Ward isnt making the game...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 12:09 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
^
Attack Call of Duty at its peak?

You know... Infinity Ward isnt making the game...
Sales wise call of duty became a huuuuge hit after black ops and mw2 and now everyone will buy every game that has call of duty in it. Compare that against the first 3 call of duty's. Right now call of duty is at its peak when it comes to popularity.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 12:14 pm

So do I.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 12:33 pm

Leonidas wrote:
So do I.

+1
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:13 pm

I dunno. the last time EA went head on at COD was with MOH. and you all know how well that went. they're taking a huge risk with this tactic. and as much as I want them to succeed, they probably won't as long as there's little 12 year olds and Elpresador is still worshiped.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:21 pm

I have a feeling this is going to backfire and Battlefield will end up loosing sales.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:36 pm

BF3 will completely anniliate COD in everything. I want to start a COD protest group. Fuck COD.

Battlefield FOR LIFE!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:42 pm

Teckno wrote:
I have a feeling this is going to backfire and Battlefield will end up loosing sales.
I don't think so. Battlefield and call of duty have completly different fans. But it is a big risk.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 4:02 pm

Call of Duty will always have frag head little kids playing. People who like a real challenge and team work will go with Battlefield.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 7:06 pm

COD is fun. Well thats just my opinion. Lol.

BUT ITS DESTROYING THE OTHER SHOOTERS!!!! MOST OF THE SHOOTERS TODAY ARE LIKE COD!!!!!!!!!

I WANT MY UNREAL TOURNAMENT 4 DAMMIT!!!!!!
....or Unreal Tournament 1999 Remake.
Please make that happen.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 10:40 pm

You know, when I look at battlefield 3 I seriously cant tell much of a difference between cod games and it.The biggest difference is that BF3 has better graphics

And im not just gonna assume MW3 will be "worse" than BF3, I will judge a game when it comes out, not out of bias hate.MW3 might be a really awesome game.

I mean, KZ 1 was a terrible game.But look how KZ 2 came out.Same thing could happen with MW3.

And BF3 beating CoD?Man, thats just funny.Cant wait to see "MW3 selling 12 million" and then "BF3 selling 3 million".

I hope MW3 does better in sales, because I seriously hate EA(more than activision).
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 10:57 pm

Zeratul wrote:
You know, when I look at battlefield 3 I seriously cant tell much of a difference between cod games and it.The biggest difference is that BF3 has better graphics

And im not just gonna assume MW3 will be "worse" than BF3, I will judge a game when it comes out, not out of bias hate.MW3 might be a really awesome game.

I mean, KZ 1 was a terrible game.But look how KZ 2 came out.Same thing could happen with MW3.

And BF3 beating CoD?Man, thats just funny.Cant wait to see "MW3 selling 12 million" and then "BF3 selling 3 million".

I hope MW3 does better in sales, because I seriously hate EA(more than activision).

I, for one, am not judging it out of bias hate. I am speculating that it will be better due to the fact the previous Battlefields were better. But I never understood your hate towards EA.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:25 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

I, for one, am not judging it out of bias hate. I am speculating that it will be better due to the fact the previous Battlefields were better. But I never understood your hate towards EA.

Because they are assholes.People bitch about CoD map packs costing 15$?Yea?Well I have to pay an extra 5$ to play online on an EA game if its used.Thast just one of the many reasons I hate EA.

I remember when everyone praised activision and CoD and hated on EA for being pricks, but then one game messes up(MW2), next thing you know activision is the devil and CoD is a demon.

I hate EA......
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 5:21 am

in sales no..in quality yes
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 6:31 am

Zeratul wrote:
Because they are assholes.People bitch about CoD map packs costing 15$?Yea?Well I have to pay an extra 5$ to play online on an EA game if its used.Thast just one of the many reasons I hate EA.

I remember when everyone praised activision and CoD and hated on EA for being pricks, but then one game messes up(MW2), next thing you know activision is the devil and CoD is a demon.

I hate EA......
It wasn't MW2 that made people hate Activision. It's Bobby Kotick and the shit he says, not to mention the fact that they rehash Call of Duty over and over and over. EA, on the other hand, while they do milk and rehash their sports games, also publish top-notch games like Mass Effect (PC), Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Crysis, Crysis 2, Left 4 Dead 2 (360), Dead Space, Dead Space 2, etc. When was the last time Activision published a truly great game? Not in awhile.

If you don't think there's a good chance Activision will copy and even make more expensive EA's online pass system, you're delusional. EA didn't go from a bad rep to a good rep just because MW2 was less than anticipated. They went to a good rep because they actually gave gamers variety and took the extra time to allow for quality.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 8:20 am

Call of Duty adding Battlefield-esque features like destructible enviroments and larger maps is like painting your honda red, adding a rear spoiler and trying to say its the same as the Battlefield Ferrari

Its still going to be the same piece of shit honda...just like CoD will still be the same piece of shit game with rail guns that are accurate over all ranges and the same stupid killstreaks that just fill the sky.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 8:42 am

Who honestly DOS NOT want Call of duty dead?
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 9:28 am

TRF wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

I hate EA......
It wasn't MW2 that made people hate Activision. It's Bobby Kotick and the shit he says, not to mention the fact that they rehash Call of Duty over and over and over. EA, on the other hand, while they do milk and rehash their sports games, also publish top-notch games like Mass Effect (PC), Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Crysis, Crysis 2, Left 4 Dead 2 (360), Dead Space, Dead Space 2, etc. When was the last time Activision published a truly great game? Not in awhile.

If you don't think there's a good chance Activision will copy and even make more expensive EA's online pass system, you're delusional. EA didn't go from a bad rep to a good rep just because MW2 was less than anticipated. They went to a good rep because they actually gave gamers variety and took the extra time to allow for quality.

Exactly how can you hate EA when they have that stellar list of games when all Activision really has is Call of Duty.
And to the list of EA games that TRF mentioned you can add other quality titles such as Dragon Age 2, Portal 2 (which was distributed by EA), Burnout, Need for Speed and Rock Band.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:10 am

I liked mw2 better then BFBC2... Should tell ya about what I think of Battlefield...

@Reaper COD takes teamwork sir... I suspects you've never played in clan matches or anything...

When are you's guys gona realize no game's Public matchmaking system takes any effort or skill to play?

:On Topic: if they discontinued COD today I'd be fine cuz I got COD4-nuff said, and finally an MLG playlist in Black Ops... What else do you need? In fact, I'm going log into my PS3 again and play that playlist...
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 2:11 pm

Pizzy3C wrote:
I liked mw2 better then BFBC2... Should tell ya about what I think of Battlefield...

@Reaper COD takes teamwork sir... I suspects you've never played in clan matches or anything...

When are you's guys gona realize no game's Public matchmaking system takes any effort or skill to play?

:On Topic: if they discontinued COD today I'd be fine cuz I got COD4-nuff said, and finally an MLG playlist in Black Ops... What else do you need? In fact, I'm going log into my PS3 again and play that playlist...

I was a Hupiteer on CoD, we always did teamwork...but its nowhere near on the same level as teamwork required in Battlefield as everyone in CoD can handle pretty much any situation since its not class based.

A Recon class in BC2 is helpless against a Gunship, so you have to stick close to Engineers etc...in CoD anybody can shoot down air support. If everyone has the same loadout in CoD it doesnt make much difference, if the same is applied in BF and everyone goes Recon for example...chances are your team will lose.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 2:41 pm

Zeratul wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

I hate EA......

This is kinda off topic, but I noticed there is some hypocrisy here. I remeber on the XBR chatbox when we were discussing the 10+ to XBL, you said it wasn't a big deal, defended microsoft, and said it was only 10$....

But you hate EA because of this 5$ extra charge?If 10$ is not a lot, well hell then, 5$ must be what you find on the street.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 3:58 pm

ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

I hate EA......

Exactly how can you hate EA when they have that stellar list of games when all Activision really has is Call of Duty.
And to the list of EA games that TRF mentioned you can add other quality titles such as Dragon Age 2, Portal 2 (which was distributed by EA), Burnout, Need for Speed and Rock Band.

Yeah, they pretty much got it all. EA has a great line up of games. Arby, If you choose to give your money to Gamestop or whatever instead of the dev then that is only your fault about the online pass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead   EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EA Wants "Call of Duty" Dead
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next