Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Completionist Thread

Go down 
+8
Archduke
16Bit
Mecha
Bluenose
2Sugoi2Die
Azazel
Angelus
Orc
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Official Completionist Thread Empty
PostSubject: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 8:35 pm

I don't know about you guys but I buy too many games, most of which I never complete, and many I don't even get an hour in.
I thought it was best if we made a thread about the games we are currently playing, and support each other by sharing our own experiences with those games and urging each other to complete them. Also keep track of what games you have recently completed.

So here goes.

The most recent games I completed are;

Tomb Raider (great)
Grand Theft Auto V (great)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (alright)

Currently I am aiming for the completion of;

Ocarina of Time. I have cleared all the temples and now just have to do Ganon's castle.
Need For Speed: Most Wanted. I have been doing mostly free roam but I have started doing some proper races.
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. I am only a little bit through the game. Problem is I put it on hard mode and it is PROPER FUCKING HARD.
The Walking Dead: 50% complete
Broken Sword The Serpent's Curse: Near the beginning

Last edited by Sawed-Off_Orc on Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 8:41 pm

by complete do you mean finish or 100%?
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Official Completionist Thread ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 8:41 pm

If you're having a hard time on Oddworld, try stealing Moolah from the Clakkers. They spawn infinite bags if you save and reload.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 9:08 pm

Shigdig wrote:
by complete do you mean finish or 100%?

Just finish. 100% is fine too.

Angelus the Revenant wrote:
If you're having a hard time on Oddworld, try stealing Moolah from the Clakkers.  They spawn infinite bags if you save and reload.

Interesting, so I just bump into them, take moolah, save, load game and do the same thing?

It's not money issues though, it's just fucking difficult in general. With combat I have to do a lot of hiding and pick them off one by one really.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 10:01 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

If you're having a hard time on Oddworld, try stealing Moolah from the Clakkers.  They spawn infinite bags if you save and reload.

Interesting, so I just bump into them, take moolah, save, load game and do the same thing?

It's not money issues though, it's just fucking difficult in general. With combat I have to do a lot of hiding and pick them off one by one really.

Buying more stuff should make it easier. I'm not buying anything though, since I'm trying to have 20k handy by the next time I meet Doc. I imagine the stamina upgrades would make it significantly easier, since I had trouble shaking off for a few bosses.

The most difficult thing so far is bountying them all alive. Their staminas regenerate fucking fast, and the rate of fire is quite low for stamina reducers.
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Official Completionist Thread 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 11:10 pm

I literally just started a completionist run of KOTOR today.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 5:56 am

Well, I went ahead and 100%'d Stranger's Wrath: http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1786-Oddworld-Strangers-Wrath-HD/angelus_72

Shit gets real past the turning point. You're probably better than me at the game, Orc, so if you haven't yet finishing it shouldn't be too tough.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 6:32 pm

Well, I went ahead and 100%'d Stranger's Wrath: http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1786-Oddworld-Strangers-Wrath-HD/angelus_72

Shit gets real past the turning point.  You're probably better than me at the game, Orc, so if you haven't yet finishing it shouldn't be too tough.

I've got so many new games to play including Killzone: Mercenary, The Walking Dead, Virtua Tennis 4, FIFA, JetSet Radio, Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse.... it's gonna be super hard for me to make much progress with Stranger's Wrath. Especially on the hardest mode.
I am probably inferior to you haha. Well I'll play on when I can. At the moment I am not sure where to go. I need to find Scuz to find a way into the junkyard to kill Packrat or whatever he's called.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Official Completionist Thread StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 7:20 pm

Well started playing Ys: Memories of Celceta. Already 11 hours in. I might plat it depending on my mood but I'll probably go as far of trying to do some of the side quest and beating the game on nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 10:12 am

Fuck one of the trophies on strangers wrath requires me to kill some guy in the apple farm. However....now it's all
burnt down and shit:
so I don't know how to get that....

Padders wrote:
Well started playing Ys: Memories of Celceta. Already 11 hours in. I might plat it depending on my mood but I'll probably go as far of trying to do some of the side quest and beating the game on nightmare.

Oh man I want this but I need Persona 4 Golden first. And I want Valhalla Knights 3 Golden :3

How you finding YS though?
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 7:29 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Fuck one of the trophies on strangers wrath requires me to kill some guy in the apple farm. However....now it's all
burnt down and shit:
so I don't know how to get that....

Still pretty early in the game, you need to do it before you take that bounty. Normally you just piss him off, and punch him off the balcony or out of a window, then under the silo with an electric switch. Some people have gotten him to follow them, I couldn't. If you missed the first two barrels, you'll probably need another full playthrough though (I got the trophy with just 8, so maybe not).

Hard mode is a healthy challenge, but the game lets you save pretty much anywhere. After about the 6 or 7th bounty, I started killing the outlaws, which made the whole thing much easier, but before then I quicksaved about a dozen times per battle. If you save before everytime you head into danger, it should make the game a bit quicker.

Even if you aren't expecting to get 100%, you should still at least play through the whole thing. It gets pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Ys: Memories of Celceta

Well just completed filling the map on Ys to 100%. You just need to make sure that you check the map for any areas that look faded or not explored yet (Dungeons don't count). It is an easy gold trophy.

Also done all the side quest. Urgent quest are time sensitive and must be completed ASAP. Make sure you check the towns quest board after major events. You'll get a sliver trophy.

Nearly recovered all the lost memories. Memories are found through playing the main story and exploring. Memory location will appear on the map every time you discover a new campsite. There is also a hidden memory in the Roo's Nest that doesn't appear normally like other memories. It is worth finding these memories since it gives some back story and also raises some of the main characters stats. You'll get a gold trophy for this.

There are also 3 items you can get called Sun Stones and you take to a certain blacksmith you make the best weapons and armor in game. You can only get 3 per playthrough so make weapons and armor for your 3 most commonly used characters (1 Sun Stone = 1 weapon & 1 armor). Also you can upgrade these weapons and armor to make even more powerful (Attack up, defense up, resistances, crit rate, poison, burn, freeze etc).
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 7:52 am

Started playing Drag-on Dragoon 3.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 9:07 am

Angelus, theoretically now that I've missed killing this cunt on the apple farm (not the one for the bounty, just a random character), I could just go complete the game, and if I started a new one and killed him I would still get the trophy?

I recently bountied Packrat Palooka alive :)

------
As for other game progress;

started Assassin's Creed IV on PC
completed The Walking Dead (platinumed as well ...of course)
Got about 45% with FIFA Football on Vita

started Killzone: Mercenary
started Prototype 2
started Crysis 2
started Euro Truck Simulator
which I will put aside for now to focus on the other games
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 11:00 am

How'd you like The Walking Dead?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official Completionist Thread R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 1:48 pm

Is The Walking Dead game set in the comic universe or TV show universe?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 2:58 pm

Teckno wrote:

A masterpiece of gaming. Never before has a video game (or even a film for that matter) make me care about a character so much as that game. Clementine is your responsibility not just in terms of her survival but in terms of trying not to upset her. I make most my decisions based off how she might respond to them because I feel like a father to her and want to make her happy. Man it's incredible.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 3:00 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Teckno wrote:

A masterpiece of gaming. Never before has a video game (or even a film for that matter) make me care about a character so much as that  game. Clementine is your responsibility not just in terms of her survival but in terms of trying not to upset her. I make most my decisions based off how she might respond to them because I feel like a father to her and want to make her happy. Man it's incredible.

Oh... Now I can't decide if I should get Walking Dead or Assassins Creed 4.

Also, it sounds like you would love The Last of Us. Try borrowing a friend of yours PS3 and play it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 7:42 pm

Padders wrote:
Spoiler:

I pre-ordered it, apparently could take up until december 31st.  

Did they re-use a lot of NieR's soundtrack?  They did this cool thing in NieR where there was a lot of overlap between 'Yonah' and a lot of other songs.  I'm not entirely sure what this means though.  I'm definitely interested in seeing what depth the DoD3 Soundtrack adds.

@Orc, yeah, you could breeze through on easy and kill him. He's a bit annoying to kill though. The Meat barrels could take up another full playthrough, but the game is good enough to deserve that, I think.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 9:12 pm

Teckno wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Teckno wrote:

A masterpiece of gaming. Never before has a video game (or even a film for that matter) make me care about a character so much as that  game. Clementine is your responsibility not just in terms of her survival but in terms of trying not to upset her. I make most my decisions based off how she might respond to them because I feel like a father to her and want to make her happy. Man it's incredible.

Oh... Now I can't decide if I should get Walking Dead or Assassins Creed 4.

Also, it sounds like you would love The Last of Us. Try borrowing a friend of yours PS3 and play it.

Ehhh both great games in different ways. I'd recommend both honestly. Even if it means skipping a few games that are coming out, for now at least.

My house mate has a PS3. To be honest I don't like zombie based settings. The only reason The Walking Dead works is the way you are given so much choice with everything, and it is reminiscent of the 90's point and click adventure games I grew up playing. :)
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 9:18 pm

Padders wrote:
Spoiler:

I pre-ordered it, apparently could take up until december 31st.  

Did they re-use a lot of NieR's soundtrack?  They did this cool thing in NieR where there was a lot of overlap between 'Yonah' and a lot of other songs.  I'm not entirely sure what this means though.  I'm definitely interested in seeing what depth the DoD3 Soundtrack adds.
There is a couple of NieR and Drakengard arrangements but those are DLC soundtracks. I preorderd the OST which comes out on the 22nd of Jan.

Gonna throw in some tips in a spoiler tag.
Drag-on Dragoon 3:
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 5:15 pm

Alriight. I've completed The Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse...part 1 that is. Now I need to wait till part 2 releases (I bought in advance so I'll get that bundled in). Good thing, I've got too many games to play in between.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 7:05 pm

Whoop. Just completed Need For Speed: Most Wanted but damn it was a great game, so I can see myself coming back and playing extra races, some multiplayer and perhaps unlocking a few more trophies (I'm at 72% completion trophy-wise). I literally did every Most Wanted race in the Aston Martin Vantage. I should really try out the other cars lol

Anyway I've still got to complete Ocarina of Time, and Oddworld, and perhaps Killzone sometime. Sadly I've bought Final Fantasy IX and already started playing, so I can see that taking over :S
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 7:12 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Sadly I've bought Final Fantasy IX and already started playing, so I can see that taking over :S

I'm still not even done IX, since I wanted to beat the secret boss before finishing it.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 7:27 pm

ooh secret boss eh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Completionist Thread   Official Completionist Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Completionist Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next