Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison

Go down 
+3
Angelus
Archduke
Orc
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison Empty
PostSubject: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:55 pm

All the AA and AAA games for 3DS and Vita this year (only including Western releases and when I say exclusive it can mean Sony exclusive or Nintendo exclusive... not included if on PC/XBOX)

VITA

Limbo (multiplat)
Spelunky (multiplat)
Machinarium (multiplat)
Guacamalee (multiplat)
Rayman Legends (multiplat)
Velocity Ultra (exclusive)
Hotline Miami (multiplat)
Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD (multiplat)
The Walking Dead (multiplat but retail quality)
Quell Memento (multiplat)
Lone Survivor (multiplat)
Dead Or Alive 5 Plus (multiplat but retail quality)
Tearaway (exclusive, retail)
YS: Memory of Celceta (exclusive, retail)
Atelier Totori Plus: The Adventurer of Arland (exclusive, retail)

TOTAL: 3 exclusive retail (or retail "quality") games

3DS

Fire Emblem Awakening (exclusive, retail)
Pokemon X & Y (exclusive, retail)
Animal Crossing New Leaf (exclusive, retail)
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon (exclusive, retail)
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legend of the Titan (exclusive, retail)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (exclusive, retail)
Shin Megami Tensei IV (exclusive, retail)
Steamworld Dig (exclusive)
Gunman Clive (multiplat)
Mario & Luigi Dream Team (exclusive, retail)
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Dual Destinies (exclusive, retail quality)
Professor Layton & the Azran Legacy (exclusive)
Etrian Odyssey: The Millenium Girl (exclusive, retail)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (exclusive, retail)
Bravely Default (exclusive, retail)
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (exclusive, retail)
Rage of the Gladiator (exclusive)

Total: 13 exclusive retail (or retail "quality") games

Last edited by Sawed-Off_Orc on Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:57 pm

double thread post.

FAIL! 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison 1443829230 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison 1443829230 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison 1443829230 
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 5:58 pm

Duke wrote:
double thread post.

FAIL! 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison 1443829230 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison 1443829230 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison 1443829230 
Deleted the other
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:49 am

lol @ the 3DS not being able to handle console and PC games
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 3:06 am

Agreed, 3DS can't handle console games. It's last-gen dogshit. Also lol @ not counting MH3U and DKCR3D as ports. Biased-much?
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 7:46 am

It is always fun playing with the underdog system.

Why haven't you imported me yet?
i.imgur com/kDHJUau.jpg
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:11 am

Angelus the Revenant wrote:
:airquote: console and pc games

2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison VfT3QLr
2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison WfGeJ8t
2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison IjLpPZd

so quad core
much power
wow

2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison WSmYPVE
2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison 6ziwhyN
2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison TkOeUH6

Jack the Spectre wrote:
Agreed, 3DS can't handle console games. It's last-gen dogshit. Also lol @ not counting MH3U and DKCR3D as ports. Biased-much?
2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison Trololo-o
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:18 am

Quote :
2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison TkOeUH6
Ew
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:23 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
so quad core
much power
wow

Lol, trying to use the Wii U footage again

Actual 3DS version
2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison MH3U_11-15
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 11:22 am

There's a reason most of it is exclusive.

Nintendo in general gets shit 3rd party support so they have to make up for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 5:31 pm

Padders wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
so quad core
much power
wow

Actual 3DS version
Wow.

Same game different graphics. Your point?
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 5:42 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Padders wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
so quad core
much power
wow

Actual 3DS version
Wow.

Same game different graphics. Your point?
You're using the Wii U version to showcase the 3DS graphics ability.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 5:51 pm

Is that why I put a stretched, pixellated picture of Luigi's Mansion that is over 4x the size of the 3DS' screen and a horribly small, blurred picture of SMT IV? I typed in the game names and posted some of the first that caught my eye.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 6:08 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Is that why I put a stretched, pixellated picture of Luigi's Mansion that is over 4x the size of the 3DS' screen and a horribly small, blurred picture of SMT IV? I typed in the game names and posted some of the first that caught my eye.
2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison GhoLiWn
Of course we know that up scaling an image from it original resolution will curse pixelation but it doesn't change the fact that you posted the WRONG VERSION of the game.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 6:10 pm

Same gameplay on the same engine. Like I give a fuck. It's no different to game companies showing a multiplat game in an advert and including footage of only one of them. There's always going to be differences. Graphics isn't a big one. Hell I don't even care, live in denial where you think you have owned me because I am so exposed for trying to pass off a WiiU game for a 3DS game (derp).

Get back on topic.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 6:29 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Same gameplay on the same engine. Like I give a fuck. It's no different to game companies showing a multiplat game in an advert and including footage of only one of them. There's always going to be differences. Graphics isn't a big one. Hell I don't even care, live in denial where you think you have owned me because I am so exposed for trying to pass off a WiiU game for a 3DS game (derp).

Get back on topic.
First you care about graphics and now you don't. Geez, you like to 360 your arguments around a lot don't you?

You are no better than the companies that will always show better gameplay footage and screenshots then what the actual game looks like. IE Forza 5, Uncharted 3 & GTA V.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 6:52 pm

Lykos, when companies show one version of a game to advertise all versions, it's because the versions are fairly similar. GTA V on the 360 and PS3, for example, don't look monumentally different. Not even close to the same as what you were doing by using a console with above-seventh gen graphics to showcase the graphical prowess of a system that only looks as good as the PS2.

Two and a half derps. So pathetic it's funny.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 6:57 pm

Padders wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Get back on topic.
First you care about graphics and now you don't. Geez, you like to 360 your arguments around a lot don't you?

You are no better than the companies that will always show better gameplay footage and screenshots then what the actual game looks like. IE Forza 5, Uncharted 3 & GTA V.
I do not care about graphics. They should be up to scratch for what a system is capable of. I never expect more than that.

Jack the Spectre wrote:
Lykos, when companies show one version of a game to advertise all versions, it's because the versions are fairly similar. GTA V on the 360 and PS3, for example, don't look monumentally different. Not even close to the same as what you were doing by using a console with above-seventh gen graphics to showcase the graphical prowess of a system that only looks as good as the PS2.

k my bad.

Point still goes though. Monster Hunter Ultimate on 3DS is closer to 7th gen than most of those vita games. Hell it is the same game. Just downscaled textures. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 6:58 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Padders wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Get back on topic.

I do not care about graphics. They should be up to scratch for what a system is capable of. I never expect more than that.

Jack the Spectre wrote:

k my bad.

Point still goes though. Monster Hunter Ultimate on 3DS is closer to 7th gen than most of those vita games. Hell it is the same game. Just downscaled textures. Oh well.
No, no, you're supposed to argue back. Without your anger, my powers begin to wither.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 7:04 pm

Much different
such downgrade
wow
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:44 pm

LOL the 3DS version looks like dogshit next to the WiiU version. Don't kid yourself.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:46 pm

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/17/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-wii-u-and-3ds-comparison-screenshots/

wow
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:52 pm

You must be blind.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 12:56 am

Orc's Diarrhea :

Still cherry-picking, I see.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 11:07 am

What's there to cherry pick?
You can choose the pictures if you want and my point will still be there.
10 of Vita's games to come out this year are 2D indie titles. 5 are not. But only 3 of those 5 are exclusives.

at least 11 of 3DS's games are retail quality, and that's if you are really strict and refuse to include Donkey Kong Country and Legend of Zelda for being side scrollers/top down. Even though they are fully 3D, a good length and perform like retail quality games. AND they are all exclusives (apart from Monster Hunter which came out on WiiU, but I'd still include any Vita game that is also on ps3/4).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison   2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 for Vita and 3DS Games Comparison
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next