Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metropolis vs. Gotham City

Go down 
+2
Angelus
Mecha
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which city would you rather live in?
 Metropolis
 Gotham City
View results
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Metropolis vs. Gotham City R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Metropolis vs. Gotham City Empty
PostSubject: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 7:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Metropolis vs. Gotham City ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 7:34 pm

Gotham is a shit-hole. This is kinda like asking if we'd rather live in a mansion or an unflushed toilet.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Metropolis vs. Gotham City XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 8:58 pm

Gotham is even more of a shit-hole than Bruges.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:11 pm

hmmmmmm. Hard choice.

It's not like one of the city's life expectancy is less than a fly or anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 10:59 pm

C'mon, Metropolis is definitely safer. Sure, Metropolis was completely demolished in Man of Steel, but the only reason that bothered people is because it NEVER happens. Ninety-nine times out of a hundred, Superman takes the fight somewhere else. But if Gotham gets destroyed by the bad guy, it's not as jarring for people to see.

I'm less likely to get mugged in Metropolis so hell yeah I'm living there. You could argue that maybe Gotham has more personality and maybe is a more interesting city, but I don't see how you could prefer living there to living in Metropolis.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Metropolis vs. Gotham City PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 10:57 am

Jack the Spectre wrote:
Ninety-nine times out of a hundred, Superman takes the fight somewhere else.

Superman ISN'T Goku.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 11:32 am

Sometimes he can't help it but I feel like most of the time, Superman would do his best to avoid civilian casualties.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 11:39 am

Superman did at least try to take the battle out of the city in Man of Steel.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Metropolis vs. Gotham City TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 11:50 am

yonny616 wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:

Superman ISN'T Goku.
That's not how it happened in the comics, he would take them to an isolated area or an area with no people, but obviously you wouldn't know considering you like MAN OF MURDER
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 12:23 pm

@Orion What? You're suppose to be the "comic guy". He has fought in the city, the only time he fights in deserted areas is when the fight starts there, or the fight ends up there.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 12:51 pm

Mecha wrote:
Superman did at least try to take the battle out of the city in Man of Steel.
Let's not get carried away or anything.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 12:56 pm

He did though. He tried to take the battle in space, but then Zod brought the fight back Metropolis. Remember, this is an inexperience Superman who is going up against someone with the same powers, but trained in the military. Try actually paying attention to the film.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 1:03 pm

yonny616 wrote:
@Orion What? You're suppose to be the "comic guy". He has fought in the city, the only time he fights in deserted areas is when the fight starts there, or the fight ends up there.
I never said he wouldn't fight them in the city, i said less populated or isolated areas, which means part of the city. Generally he can get the fight wrapped up pretty quickly so he doesn't need to or he flies them away. But you would know that if you actually read comics instead of looking at out of context panels on google images
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 1:05 pm

He punched Zod into space, that doesn't mean he was trying to steer the fight away. He wasn't actively trying to keep Zod away; just because he knocked him out of the city once doesn't mean he was. I'm not one of those people that complains about the destruction but let's be real, he was doing a pretty shitty job of avoiding collateral damage.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 1:11 pm

He still at least TRIED to get Zod out of the city. But that's not good enough for you because you expect Superman to be Mister Perfect Reeves, even though he was very inexperienced.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 1:39 pm

Mecha wrote:
He still at least TRIED to get Zod out of the city. But that's not good enough for you because you expect Superman to be Mister Perfect Reeves, even though he was very inexperienced.
No, he didn't try. I don't expect him to be perfect, i expect him not to be a retarded fuck up. Honestly Booster Gold or Plastic Man would have caused less casualties and destruction.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 1:50 pm

Mecha wrote:
lol do you read? I said that the destruction didn't bother me.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 1:53 pm

But you didn't believe he tired to get Zod out of the city.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 2:46 pm

@Mecha While I always find myself on your side, I can't on this. Zod is the one who actually tackles Superman into Space, sure Superman threw him deeper into space where Zod grabbed the satellite.

Anyway.

@Orion Right, because it seemed so isolated when he fought Doomsday, and yes it's in you precious comics. Also where did I use a comic prior to the previous sentence? Please show me, or are you just pulling useless insults out of your ass.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 2:48 pm

Going to watch the film again tonight, and try to study the battle scene.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 2:49 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Jack the Spectre wrote:
Spoiler:
Superman ISN'T Goku.

True, Superman doesn't destroy entire planets.

Jack the Spectre wrote:
He punched Zod into space, that doesn't mean he was trying to steer the fight away. He wasn't actively trying to keep Zod away; just because he knocked him out of the city once doesn't mean he was. I'm not one of those people that complains about the destruction but let's be real, he was doing a pretty shitty job of avoiding collateral damage.

They were kinda terraforming the planet. Collateral damage is kinda small when the alternative involves a whole planet turning into a desert.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 2:54 pm

@Angelus Niether does Goku. Also Superman is strong enough to destroy Earth if he wanted to.

@Mecha Why? It's already on YouTube.

Start it a the 3:50 mark.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 9:47 pm

Mecha wrote:
But you didn't believe he tired to get Zod out of the city.
He didn't. The fight happened to go into space but it wasn't because Superman was trying to get Zod out of the city. But either way I don't care because the fight scenes are really badass.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 3:53 am

yonny616 wrote:
@Angelus Niether does Goku. Also Superman is strong enough to destroy Earth if he wanted to.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metropolis vs. Gotham City   Metropolis vs. Gotham City I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metropolis vs. Gotham City
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next