Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unfair & stupid criticism

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Unfair & stupid criticism StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Unfair & stupid criticism Empty
PostSubject: Unfair & stupid criticism   Unfair & stupid criticism I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 8:07 pm

I think we all seem some unfair & stupid criticism in video game journalism. Just post what you think was unfair or stupid.

Unfair & stupid criticism PG_Vanquish_box_artwork
Gamespot: No multiplayer

Unfair & stupid criticism Jp
Shitaku: re-posting an 2010 review

Unfair & stupid criticism Wonderful_101_box_artwork
Multiple reviewers: Game is too hard

Unfair & stupid criticism DragonsCrown_CoverArt
Polygon & The Escapist: Boobies offend me
Back to top Go down
HumGreezy
Merchant
Merchant
HumGreezy

Stature : 7
New York/New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Unfair & stupid criticism   Unfair & stupid criticism I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 11:58 pm

Dark Souls, Demon Souls were both hard games and they got high scores. Obviously there were other things wrong with Wonderful 101. Anyways if you like a game why care about the reviews if it isn't going to stop you from buying/playing it? The thread is damage control.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Unfair & stupid criticism   Unfair & stupid criticism I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 12:36 am

i agree that there probably are some other things wrong with W101.

but reviewers should word their criticisms correctly. saying that its too hard or too complicated isn't a valid criticism in my opinion.

Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Unfair & stupid criticism StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Unfair & stupid criticism   Unfair & stupid criticism I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 2:06 am

The Wonderful 101 is received fairly well. I wouldn't call it the system seller Nintendo has been waiting for but it is an awesome game, specially if you like games directed by Hideki Kamiya (My lord). What I mean is that reviewers are criticizing on the learning curve such are drawing the weapons, how to properly execute your Wonder Ones in combat and the how to properly deal with enemies on screen. Did they expect it to be an easy and accessible game from the start?

The biggest problems I have with most mainstream reviewers is how often vague they are when it comes to reviews. Yes a review isn't going to stop me from playing a game nor change my opinion but I do like to hear what they have to say. After all they do somewhat determine if someone is going to check out that game or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unfair & stupid criticism   Unfair & stupid criticism I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unfair & stupid criticism
Page 1 of 1