Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?

Go down 
+15
NoelX2
Stoney
Bluenose
Hydell
Angelus
Blixtstorm
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
The_Biotic_God
TheJubJub5721
JazzMunky
Orc
2Sugoi2Die
ghost23
Stigma
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Do you care for achievements or trophies?
 Yes
 No
 Somewhat
View results
AuthorMessage
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 7:49 pm

I originally earned a fair few platinums on my old account before I switched to my current one. (If only Sony allowed you to charge your fucking username!)

Adamski_17: (used until September 2010)

Fallout 3
Call of Duty: World at War
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Resident Evil 5
Borderlands

Dam_Noir:

Skyrim
Dark Souls
Mass Effect 2
Dynasty Warriors 7
Motor Storm RC
Motor Storm RC (Vita)
F1 Race Stars
Far Cry 3

Total: 13

I'm also close to earning the platinum trophies for Crysis 2, F1 2011 and Borderlands 2.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 8:07 pm

I just have 2 platinum's: God of War III and Killzone 3.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 11:35 pm

Thats some hardcore RPG plats you got Dam. They must have taken ages.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 12:52 am

I only got 2 plats

Sly 1 and 2.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 6:49 am

Currently got:

littleBigPlanet.
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.
Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.
Jak 2: Renegade.
Jak 3.
God of War 3.
Sly Cooper: The Thievious Raccoon.
Sly 2: Band of Thieves.
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time.
Killzone 3.

Working on:

LittleBigPlanet 2
InFAMOUS 2
Sly 3: Honour Among Thieves.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 6:58 am

Don't have plats on xbox 360. But I've 100% on Oblivion, King Kong and Bully I believe.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 12:02 pm

Everyone that has God of War 3 understands what carnage it was to get it. Titan mode....*shudders*
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 12:06 pm

Yeah, it was pretty tough. Though, Zeus was a piece of cake compared to the rest of the game, and especially compared to the 3-Headed Hell Dog that appears after the Labyrinth.

I swear, that shit was so painfull and horrendous. Just glad I got through it. A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 12:26 pm

You guys haven't experience carnage and pain and frustration until you play and pass God of War III on Chaos mode. HARDEST SHIT EVAR!!!
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 12:30 pm

WhiteHawk wrote:

Suprisingly Fallout 3 was the only one I recall being a tedious cunt, I think Bethesta realised their platinum trophies were a ball ache to achieve so they notched the difficulty down for Skyrim but it still took a fair amount of time completing the extra questlines it required.

Dark Souls platinum wasn't hard in itself, but the game was. If you can play the game through two and half times then you pretty much had it platinumed.

yonny616 wrote:
You guys haven't experience carnage and pain and frustration until you play and pass God of War III on Chaos mode. HARDEST SHIT EVAR!!!

Even after over a decade, I still haven't gotten over how hard MGS2 was on European Extreme...

One example was fighting a total of 20 Metal Gear RAY's (three at one time) where getting hit by one missle pretty much kills you, plus the 'European' aspect of the Extreme difficulty was you got pretty much fuck all in the way of healing your character throughout the entire game. You could only really rely on killing a boss to fill your health bar it seemed. It's just a shame trophies didn't exist back then, because I also collected the dog tags off every soldier on every difficulty.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 1:16 pm

yonny616 wrote:

Oh fuck that shit! Like Rambo said,fighting that Cerberus was an absolute rage even on titan. Don't wanna know what chaos would be like.

Dam_Noir wrote:
WhiteHawk wrote:

Suprisingly Fallout 3 was the only one I recall being a tedious cunt, I think Bethesta realised their platinum trophies were a ball ache to achieve so they notched the difficulty down for Skyrim but it still took a fair amount of time completing the extra questlines it required.

Dark Souls platinum wasn't hard in itself, but the game was. If you can play the game through two and half times then you pretty much had it platinumed.

yonny616 wrote:

Even after over a decade, I still haven't gotten over how hard MGS2 was on European Extreme...

One example was fighting a total of 20 Metal Gear RAY's (three at one time) where getting hit by one missle pretty much kills you, plus the 'European' aspect of the Extreme difficulty was you got pretty much fuck all in the way of healing your character throughout the entire game. You could only really rely on killing a boss to fill your health bar it seemed. It's just a shame trophies didn't exist back then, because I also collected the dog tags off every soldier on every difficulty.

Does the MGS HD Collection have trophies?
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 1:29 pm

WhiteHawk wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

Oh fuck that shit! Like Rambo said,fighting that Cerberus was an absolute rage even on titan. Don't wanna know what chaos would be like.

Dam_Noir wrote:
WhiteHawk wrote:

yonny616 wrote:

Does the MGS HD Collection have trophies?

Yeah it does, but as I said I still haven't gotten over it. Trying to muster up the patience to do all that again may be too much for me to be bothered with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2