Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?

Go down 
+15
NoelX2
Stoney
Bluenose
Hydell
Angelus
Blixtstorm
Jack the Spectre
Archduke
The_Biotic_God
TheJubJub5721
JazzMunky
Orc
2Sugoi2Die
ghost23
Stigma
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you care for achievements or trophies?
 Yes
 No
 Somewhat
View results
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? Empty
PostSubject: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 4:40 am

Or "hunter" if that makes you feel better. I'm wondering because I was thinking I could make a thread about good games (not Avatar TBE) with obtainable achievements. Like I could get other peoples opinions to compose a thread where I'd make a list of games and state how long they take to beat, how long it would take to get so many trophies/points, along with the pros and cons of the game and how good it is. Of course if only 3 people care there would be no point in making it.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 4:44 am

I used to go out of my way to earn achievements. But I sort of went out of that phase and just earn whatever I happen to get in my regular playthroughs.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 5:46 am

I never got a plat trophy or max achievements in any game. Closest would be 70%~80% of hunting down trophies and achievements. The only game I did a 100% completion this gen is Valkyria Chronicles and that game doesn't have trophy support.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 7:46 am

I used to be obsessed and would play games solely for achievements.
But you may have noticed my somewhat static gamerscore recently. I've just not played any games with the intention to get achievements.
but you know, still a good idea to make a thread about games with easy achievements.
Back to top Go down
JazzMunky
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
JazzMunky

Stature : 0
America
Playing : Inside jokes; others misfortune.

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 9:32 am

I used to be. I have like 6 platinums but then I stopped cause I found out there's no purpose. Neutral
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 11:14 am

I couldn't care less about achievements. If I get them by playing the game, cool. I won't go and try for them though.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 11:17 am

For games I like, I'm an achievement whore.

For Mass Effect 2 and Gears of War 2 I try to go the extra mile to getting the really challenging achievements.

But for other games as long as I have a decent amount of achievements I stop caring.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 12:18 pm

Not really, I sometimes go for the extra trophies in Uncharted.

Trophies/Acheivements are pointless. They don't add replay value at all. They're mainly just a dick measuring contest.

EDIT: I also got about every trophy in AC2. I just need to find all the flags and feathers and I'm good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 5:05 pm

I like getting at least 700GS on my games, except for ones with hard achievements like in Homefront.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 5:15 pm

I used to be a minor Achievement whore. I was never a Trophy whore and now I'm neither.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 5:46 pm

I would consider myself as a "chivie whore" as Lykos would say. I can replay games multiple times just to get the last one. I like the mostly for making the game a longer experience then they used to be.

For example. In the yesteryears you maybe played the game, once or twice depending on how good the game was. And even in some cases even more then that. But with the help of achievements and trophies the longevity of games seems to have extended.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 7:36 pm

I won't buy a game uniquely for the trophies. But if I have a game with non-impossible trophies, I will hunt for all of them to get more out of each of my games.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 2:11 pm

I am a trophy hunter. But i will not buy shit like Terminator Salvation which can be platted in literally 4 hours...
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 2:48 pm

Honestly couldn't give a damn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:54 pm

If I get at 400g to 500g's I'm usually happy. Anything lower just doesn't loo right. Razz
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:53 pm

Stoney wrote:
If I get at 400g to 500g's I'm usually happy. Anything lower just doesn't loo right. Razz
Lol same. And for XBLA games, over 100G is cool. Uder makes me mad and it doesn't look good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 1:17 pm

A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? Xbawks2
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:12 am

24 Platinum trophies.

Yes I like to get trophies. Put it this way, they give me incentive to play the game campaigns multiple times and the online for a lot longer.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 3:40 pm

WhiteHawk wrote:
24 Platinum trophies.

Yes I like to get trophies. Put it this way, they give me incentive to play the game campaigns multiple times and the online for a lot longer.

This.

Though, I'm only at a mere 11 Plats Sad
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 4:59 pm

I don't even have 1 plat which is pretty pathetic. I'mma try to start plating the games I have now...
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:03 pm

i have 4 plats.

level 12 @ 62%
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:47 pm

Teckno wrote:
I don't even have 1 plat which is pretty pathetic. I'mma try to start plating the games I have now...

A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? The-very-best-of-the-and-quot-that-feel-and-quot-meme

Either don't have the patiences or I out right suck, it's both, def both.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 6:13 pm

Teckno wrote:

Buy King Kong.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 6:47 pm

Ramzan_Kadyrov wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Buy King Kong.
There's no PS3 version. :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 7:26 pm

Yall need to get on my level of dedication (sadness).

Battlefield Bad Company 2
Burnout Paradise
Call of Duty Black Ops
Call of Duty World at War
Call of Juarez Bound in Blood
Dead Space
God of War
God of War 2
God of War 3
inFAMOUS
Just Cause 2
Killzone 2
Killzone 3
Medal of Honour Frontline
Modern Warfare 2
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Operation Flashpoint 2 Dragon Rising
Resistance 2
Resistance 3
Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection
Tom Clancy's HAWX
Uncharted Drakes Fortune
Uncharted 2 Among Thieves
Wolverine

And I'm close to getting Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?   A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A show of hands, who's an achievement/trophy whore?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next