Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

PSN's welcome back service

Go down 
+9
Based Sonji
Orc
ghost23
2Sugoi2Die
Jack the Spectre
Stigma
Mecha
yonny616
Archduke
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PSN's welcome back service Empty
PostSubject: PSN's welcome back service   PSN's welcome back service I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 1:53 am

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1165399p1.html

30 days of PSN+ for free? I'm in!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

PSN's welcome back service PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: PSN's welcome back service   PSN's welcome back service I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 2:15 am

Me too.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PSN's welcome back service R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: PSN's welcome back service   PSN's welcome back service I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 2:25 am

In the end... was it really that bad? Razz
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: PSN's welcome back service   PSN's welcome back service I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 2:35 am

Do you get to keep discounted games you buy?
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

PSN's welcome back service XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: PSN's welcome back service   PSN's welcome back service I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 2:45 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Yes. The only stuff you don't actually "keep" is the stuff that's free.

I think giving people free PS+ is a good way to sucker, I mean, attract them towards the service.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PSN's welcome back service R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: PSN's welcome back service   PSN's welcome back service I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 3:02 am

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

I think giving people free PS+ is a good way to sucker, I mean, attract them towards the service.

PSN's welcome back service 1617295_i_see_what_you_did_there_holyshit_super_RE_Sharenator_Community_UNITE-s444x475-150637-580
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PSN's welcome back service StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: PSN's welcome back service   PSN's welcome back service I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 3:33 am

I want a free downloadable game of choice.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: PSN's welcome back service   PSN's welcome back service I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 3:37 am

Padders wrote:
I want a free downloadable game of choice.
I'd just download Mass Effect 2. PSN's welcome back service 725796345
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: PSN's welcome back service   PSN's welcome back service I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 4:33 am

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Yeah I noticed that Sony is taking advantage of the situation. I was just wondering about that bit because that would be pretty sleezy. Although I do understand why you can't play your free games once the sub is up. This is cool though I was planning on buying FFIX anyways, I can beat it in a month. It's not like I would have played the PS3 during the time PSN was down.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PSN's welcome back service StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: PSN's welcome back service   PSN's welcome back service I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 5:40 am

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Yeah I noticed that Sony is taking advantage of the situation. I was just wondering about that bit because that would be pretty sleezy. Although I do understand why you can't play your free games once the sub is up. This is cool though I was planning on buying FFIX anyways, I can beat it in a month. It's not like I would have played the PS3 during the time PSN was down.
Tumbs up to that one. FFIX is my personal favourite.

So the free games you get from PS+ only reminds free as long you keep paying...

Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: PSN's welcome back service   PSN's welcome back service I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 7:04 am

Padders wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Yeah. So basically Sony isn't even giving you a free game, its a 30 day demo.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: PSN's welcome back service   PSN's welcome back service I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 7:37 am

ghost23 wrote:
Padders wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

No it's a 30 day rental service I love you
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: PSN's welcome back service   PSN's welcome back service I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 9:15 am

ghost23 wrote:
Padders wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

''Apart from the 30 day subscription, Sony will be handing out free downloadable PSN games to users and giving a free Qriocity subscription." Reading, my good sir. Also, ''CC info was a low possibility, since it was stored in a different part of the database and not likely read."

Also, anyone catch that bit about Sony offering to pay for CC replacements to affected users?

This is why you hadn't heard from Sony until recently: ''It took them until the 27th of April to confirm that data was compromised. They had been working with 3 different analysis entities starting from the 20th."

''Hirai said that no improper CC usage has been reported and they have no evidence of CC info being compromised. They said that Sony will pay for CC reissuing and assist with monitoring/insurance programs for customers. If there are any improper charges, they will be handled on a case-by-case basis."

''PSN compensation and CC-type compensation are being considered separately. Sony says they will cover credit card reissuing fees and will assist with credit monitoring/insurance programs."

- Kaz said that PSN will be online "within a week." Going to be incrementally bringing services back online. Different regions may see services at different times.

- All PSN users will get one free month of PSN+ (current PSN+ subscribers will also get 30 free days), Qrocity subscribers will get a free month, and there will be some titles available for free download. Will differ based on region and their plans are not finalized as of yet.

- All services to be back online within a month.

- As far as cost to Sony, they weren't sure and it'd vary by region, but $15-$20 for PSN+ and a few thousand yen for the titles.

- Moving the data center from San Diego to a more secure location and adding new detection measures, firewalls, and encryption to make data more secure. Creating a new job position to monitor security. These things have already been done to an extent, but they wouldn't comment specifically out of security considerations.

- Sony is going to have a way for users to look at purchase history online (I think before PSN is actually up) to check for any abnormalities.

- Sony will allow users to leave PSN. They are looking into ways to refund any balances on PSN or PSN+ fees if those exist for the user. There was one conflicting answer about this, but I'm pretty sure they're working on a system to allow users to leave and erase their info if they desire.

- Firmware will need to be updated as soon as PSN is back up and users will need to change their password. Passwords can only be changed on the PS3 system the account was created or via a verified email address. That seemed like a super important point, but it was only mentioned once. However, that means people don't have to worry about a mad dash to change their password before a hacker does. As far as users changing a password from "A" to "B" and then back to "A," they'll alert users if they're doing something like that, or if it's close to their username or something.

- Your passwords were hashed. This means that the hackers would have to go through A TON of shit that would take A SHITLOAD OF TIME to even acquire one of your PSN passwords. By then, PSN will be up and your password changed.

- HOLY SHIT THEY APOLOGIZED

/Kaz Hirai keynotes at the conference

Fuck, get off of the Sony hatemachine. All the people saying ''omgawd but dey has ur info." I can find out where you fucking live just by catching your first name, as I already did with Cerna PSN's welcome back service 725796345 Also, don't give me that CC crap. Your CC info was all encrypted. The hackers would have to go through a ton of legal shit that would end with them behind a cell.
Back to top Go down
JazzMunky
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
JazzMunky

Stature : 0
America
Playing : Inside jokes; others misfortune.

PostSubject: Re: PSN's welcome back service   PSN's welcome back service I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 9:47 am

Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Padders wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

''Apart from the 30 day subscription, Sony will be handing out free downloadable PSN games to users and giving a free Qriocity subscription." Reading, my good sir. Also, ''CC info was a low possibility, since it was stored in a different part of the database and not likely read."

Also, anyone catch that bit about Sony offering to pay for CC replacements to affected users?

This is why you hadn't heard from Sony until recently: ''It took them until the 27th of April to confirm that data was compromised. They had been working with 3 different analysis entities starting from the 20th."

''Hirai said that no improper CC usage has been reported and they have no evidence of CC info being compromised. They said that Sony will pay for CC reissuing and assist with monitoring/insurance programs for customers. If there are any improper charges, they will be handled on a case-by-case basis."

''PSN compensation and CC-type compensation are being considered separately. Sony says they will cover credit card reissuing fees and will assist with credit monitoring/insurance programs."

- Kaz said that PSN will be online "within a week." Going to be incrementally bringing services back online. Different regions may see services at different times.

- All PSN users will get one free month of PSN+ (current PSN+ subscribers will also get 30 free days), Qrocity subscribers will get a free month, and there will be some titles available for free download. Will differ based on region and their plans are not finalized as of yet.

- All services to be back online within a month.

- As far as cost to Sony, they weren't sure and it'd vary by region, but $15-$20 for PSN+ and a few thousand yen for the titles.

- Moving the data center from San Diego to a more secure location and adding new detection measures, firewalls, and encryption to make data more secure. Creating a new job position to monitor security. These things have already been done to an extent, but they wouldn't comment specifically out of security considerations.

- Sony is going to have a way for users to look at purchase history online (I think before PSN is actually up) to check for any abnormalities.

- Sony will allow users to leave PSN. They are looking into ways to refund any balances on PSN or PSN+ fees if those exist for the user. There was one conflicting answer about this, but I'm pretty sure they're working on a system to allow users to leave and erase their info if they desire.

- Firmware will need to be updated as soon as PSN is back up and users will need to change their password. Passwords can only be changed on the PS3 system the account was created or via a verified email address. That seemed like a super important point, but it was only mentioned once. However, that means people don't have to worry about a mad dash to change their password before a hacker does. As far as users changing a password from "A" to "B" and then back to "A," they'll alert users if they're doing something like that, or if it's close to their username or something.

- Your passwords were hashed. This means that the hackers would have to go through A TON of shit that would take A SHITLOAD OF TIME to even acquire one of your PSN passwords. By then, PSN will be up and your password changed.

- HOLY SHIT THEY APOLOGIZED

/Kaz Hirai keynotes at the conference

Fuck, get off of the Sony hatemachine. All the people saying ''omgawd but dey has ur info." I can find out where you fucking live just by catching your first name, as I already did with Cerna PSN's welcome back service 725796345 Also, don't give me that CC crap. Your CC info was all encrypted. The hackers would have to go through a ton of legal shit that would end with them behind a cell.

GO SONJI! :cheers:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: PSN's welcome back service   PSN's welcome back service I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 9:51 am

Sonji defending sony. Why am i not surprised?
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: PSN's welcome back service   PSN's welcome back service I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 9:53 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:

Not defending Sony. I gave a rundown of what he said at the Press Conference for those of you who weren't up at 1.AM watching it.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: PSN's welcome back service   PSN's welcome back service I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 10:12 am

Sounds great to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: PSN's welcome back service   PSN's welcome back service I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 11:17 am

Good for PS3 users. 'Bout damn time it's back up.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: PSN's welcome back service   PSN's welcome back service I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 11:19 am

I...FUCKING....CALLED IT.

Errr, I would have liked XGC better since PS+ is practically a rental service unless you buy shit.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: PSN's welcome back service   PSN's welcome back service I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 12:20 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
As incompetent as Sony was during this whole thing, they did receive a lot of shit for things that couldn't happen, like credit card info being stolen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSN's welcome back service   PSN's welcome back service I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PSN's welcome back service
Page 1 of 1