Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony's 4K movie service will come to PS4

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony's 4K movie service will come to PS4 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Sony's 4K movie service will come to PS4 Empty
PostSubject: Sony's 4K movie service will come to PS4   Sony's 4K movie service will come to PS4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 8:55 pm

Sony's 4K movie service will come to PS4 Movie_10

Quote :
While Sony has been pretty secretive about the look and feel of the PS4, one thing has been confirmed today by The Verge: the upcoming next-gen console will support Sony's other pet project, the "world's first" 4K movie download service. In an exclusive chat with Sony Electronics President and COO Phil Molyneux, details emerged about the ultra-high definition movie service that jive with the system's ability to support 4K photos and movies, but not games.

No further details, or even a release date, were nailed down, but it appears that the 4K service will be heavily impaired by ultra-slow downloads. Molyneux indicated that 4K videos could be more than 100 GB each, meaning that there will be plenty more overnight downloads ahead for Sony's fans. However, as technology improves, the folks at Sony are hedging their bets to create a fully comprehensive 4K entertainment system, with the company's 4K TVs at the center and the PS4 as an entry point to mainstream adoption.

What do you think of a 4K movie download service for the PS4? Are you willing to put up with the long wait times? Let us know in the comments below.

Source: IGN
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Sony's 4K movie service will come to PS4   Sony's 4K movie service will come to PS4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:42 am

Good job Sony

Now you just need to buy a 4K TV which only cost about 4grand themselves : )
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Sony's 4K movie service will come to PS4 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Sony's 4K movie service will come to PS4   Sony's 4K movie service will come to PS4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 11:37 am

Mikenuge wrote:
Good job Sony

Now you just need to buy a 4K TV which only cost about 4k themselves : )
Fixed. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Sony's 4K movie service will come to PS4   Sony's 4K movie service will come to PS4 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 12:24 pm

Sony's 4K movie service will come to PS4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTASBAavkW9HusgOIaG4emaLR0N56wh_1NtsoLniDp432_9XdKv
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony's 4K movie service will come to PS4   Sony's 4K movie service will come to PS4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony's 4K movie service will come to PS4
Page 1 of 1