Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? Empty
PostSubject: Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?   Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 10:58 am

Does anyone find it kinda odd that the public are okay with The Avengers, Fantastic Four, and other superheroes, yet hate X-Men? I mean, how are people able to tell who's mutant and who isn't? They're all superhuman. Also The Avengers has mutant members, yet they are still loved by many.

Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? Detail10
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?   Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:01 am

What? This is probably the most retarded thing you've posted. People are afraid of mutants because they feel that mutants are a threat because they are a superior species and may become the dominant species. They also view mutants as different because that's the way they are born. They don't treat superheroes the same way because they assume they aren't mutants, which is stupid and illogical. Just like all forms of racism.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?   Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:28 am

WTF!? But you said the same thing on the chatbox yesterday. -_________________-

Yes, I understand humans feel threaten by mutants, but how can they know for sure who's a mutant and who isn't? That's the point. X-Men are superheroes as well, yet they still get hated on. Oh but it's perfectly okay for The Avengers to have mutant members as well.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?   Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 11:50 am

That's the point, they don't. When they find they're a mutant, the hate them. It's illogical, just like all racism.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?   Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 5:35 pm

I think what Mecha is saying is that the X-Men are feared and hated as much as they are loved and cherished, because a lot of people hate mutants. But the Fantastic Four and Avengers never get that level of hatred from the public despite the fact that many of them may as well be mutants since you can't exactly tell just by looking at them.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?   Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 6:51 pm

Thing is, if racism is illogical then people would assume superhumans in general are all mutants instead. Just because they wasn't born with it, that makes it okay? How the fuck would people know that? If people were to see a superhuman, the first thing that will pop into their head is a mutant. Which would make sense, since humans are paranoid about mutants taking over.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?   Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 6:57 pm

Yeah I get your point. That the X-Men are the only ones facing mutant discrimination but it'd be reasonable to look at the Avengers and F4 and assume they were mutants as well. Yet they're not discriminated against like the X-Men are.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?   Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 7:22 pm

Thing is though, The Avengers does have mutant members as well. Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Sunspot, Beast, Rogue, Wolverine, and the list goes on and on. So that's bullshit. Also Fantastic Four has Franklin Richards, who's basically a mutant as well.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?   Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 7:30 pm

Yes but people don't accept them. In an issue of Avengers they were talking about not publicly revealing that Wolverine, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were members to the public as mutants were so hated, but then Wolverine threatened to kill Captain America and the President.or something.

In issue that explains this really well is X-Men Legacy, it shows how stupid the mutant hate is. It's X-Men Legacy by Simon Spurrier I think. The current series. And I know what Mecha is talking about, im the one who told him about it.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?   Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 8:29 pm

Mecha wrote:
Thing is though, The Avengers does have mutant members as well. Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Sunspot, Beast, Rogue, Wolverine, and the list goes on and on. So that's bullshit. Also Fantastic Four has Franklin Richards, who's basically a mutant as well.
Well aren't all of the members of F4 mutants? They weren't born with their powers but they were certainly mutated by that cosmic cloud (assuming the origin story I remember is the right one).
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?   Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Yeah, but Fantastic Four weren't born with mutants powers, so it doesn't count.

Also Orion, that doesn't make sense. I've seen people cheer for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, so WTF!?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?   Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:35 am

Well it's been retconned. Go read X-Men Legacy. The current series, it explains it the best.
Also Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four are mutates, not mutants.

Also have you read Uncanny.X Force yet? Or waiting another century?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?   Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:38 am

Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? Funny-Spiderman-meme-ninja-turtles
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?   Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:52 am

Orion wrote:
Well it's been retconned. Go read X-Men Legacy. The current series, it explains it the best.
Also Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four are mutates, not mutants.

Also have you read Uncanny.X Force yet? Or waiting another century?

Nigga, I'm saving money for other things right now, but I will buy it at some point. Maybe next month.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?   Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:45 am

Oh yeah, next month. Hey didn't you say that 4 months back? Fuck whatever bitch ass autistic Kendo shit ur saving up for, go buy this real nigga shit, RIGHT FUCKING NOW U LAZY ASS HOE
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?   Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:32 am

i think people don't like the mutants because there are so many of them,while the avengers are controlled by a goverment agency,the mutants are mostly independent,they are not law enforcers hired by a goverment agency or stuff like that,i think its because mutants who are born haven't discovered their power yet and when they do,they always might do some crazy thing and be villified from society,that's just my opinion
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?   Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:42 am

Avengers aren't controlled by a government agency
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?   Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:59 am

Yeah, The Avengers isn't controlled by the goverment agency. In the comics, The Avengers is an independent team like The Fantastic Four and X-Men. Ant-Man and Wasp are the ones who formed The Avengers, not Nick Fury. In the film version, Nick Fury may have helped form The Avengers, but that doesn't mean the rest of S.H.I.E.L.D. are in on it as well. So in future sequels, The Avengers can continue without the help of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?   Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:15 am

I told Rambabe to get Ultimate Spider-Man, he ordered it a month later.
I told you to get it last year.
It's obvious Ramberina is more comics than you.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?   Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:29 am

Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? Image19
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?   Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 2:52 pm

Orion wrote:
I told Rambabe to get Ultimate Spider-Man, he ordered it a month later.
I told you to get it last year.
It's obvious Ramberina is more comics than you.

Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? TitanicSpiderMan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?   Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does X-Men work in the Marvel universe?
Page 1 of 1