Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Internet usage help!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Internet usage help! Empty
PostSubject: Internet usage help!   Internet usage help! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 7:37 am

So, I decided to downgrade my broadband from 30mb to 10mb, as I didn't really need it, but on the 30mb the usage was unlimited but on the 10mb deal the usuage is 120GB, what I want to know is that a decent amount?

What would I have to do to exceed that? Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I only use my internet for browsing, youtube, various websites like that, I don't download DVD's or anything, also, does your download usuage take into account online gaming, watching online vids? Or is it just actual downloads? Like off torrent sites?
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Internet usage help!   Internet usage help! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 8:09 am

Download usage is all information transferred from your ISP to your modem. So say you make a google search, although the download may be minuscule, it still counts within your monthly usage. That's how it works in Australia so don't flame me if you have it differently.

120GB should be more than enough for basic internet browsing if you don't torrent anything.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Internet usage help!   Internet usage help! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 8:40 am

What happens if you go over your internet usage? Does your ISP let you know? Nice one for the info, Ghost.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Internet usage help!   Internet usage help! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:30 am

You're ISP should provide some sort of online service where you can track how much data you've used for the period.
Some ISP's will incur excess usage charges which are extremely expensive so you need to watch out for that, but some ISP's (such as mine) will just slow your internet down to 64kbps (dial up speed) for the remainder of the billing period. You'll have to read the details of your plan to see what your ISP does if you go over the limit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Internet usage help!   Internet usage help! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Internet usage help!
Page 1 of 1