Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it

Go down 
+4
2Sugoi2Die
RamboOnRedBull
Orc
Mecha
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it Empty
PostSubject: Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it   Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it Forza-10

Quote :
As Microsoft has changed their tune regarding the Xbox One’s online requirements, Forza 5 will also not require an internet connection to run. Well, not much, anyway. If you want to play the game, Turn 10 boss Dan Greenwalt said to IGN, you’ll have to connect once and download a bunch of stuff before you can play it. The entire game, it turns out, will not be on the disc.

“So when you first boot up the game, we’re going to ask you to log in,” Greenwalt said, “and when you log in you’re going to get the Drivatars and you’re also going to get a whole bunch of content: tracks and cars. Our production schedule is such that we are putting them in as late as possible and that means making them free as downloadable content on Day One.

“That is required content to play the game. We basically have designed the game to work with all that content no matter how late is coming in, in order to make the biggest game possible.”

Although you won’t need to connect after that download, Greenwalt says the game will be better if you keep downloading the Drivatars, which will be continuously updated with user data.

Also, he said this strange thing: “We’re not making a launch game. We’re making Forza 5, at launch.” Cool

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it   Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 4:05 am

That's not too bad. It's no worse than the PS3 installs.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it   Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 7:46 am

Sounds extremely dumb as hell.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it   Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 9:59 am

So there is really no point to buy a physical copy if you're going to have to download the entire game. Yeah with PS3 you might have to install with some games but you never have to download anything other than asking you to downloading a patch update which you can choose not to download.

"make the biggest game possible"
They will just release a bunch of DLC such as cars and tracks then drop it later so they can go work on the next title.

Last edited by Padders on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it   Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:12 am

Padders wrote:
So there is really no point to buy a physical copy if you're going to have to download the entire game

It's not the entire game. It's just certain features, tracks and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it   Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:18 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Padders wrote:
So there is really no point to buy a physical copy if you're going to have to download the entire game

Did you even read the article? It clearly says the entire game.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it   Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:18 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Padders wrote:

But you NEED to download that stuff to play the game.

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it   Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:28 am

So what would be the time estimate before you can actually PLAY?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it   Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:42 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Because an internet connection is required to install PS3 games...
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it   Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:59 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Shut up you xbot
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it   Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 9:32 am

CernaMLD wrote:
Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:

Because people who can afford a £400 console can't afford to turn on the wifi for 10 minutes in a day...
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it   Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 9:41 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Because people who can afford a £400 console can't afford to turn on the wifi for 10 minutes in a day...
Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it EZKSc6g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it   Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forza 5 will not be included on the disc once you buy it
Page 1 of 1