Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation.

Go down 
+5
Pizzy3C
Angelus
Based Sonji
Bluenose
Archduke
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation. Empty
PostSubject: Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation.   Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:50 am

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1164392p1.html

Looks like I will be getting my $10 in the mail in 2029, Sweet!

Last edited by DukemNukem43 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation.   Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 2:33 pm

Page not found.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation.   Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 2:36 pm

Teckno wrote:
Page not found.

Ok i fixed it now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation.   Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 2:56 pm

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/85856/psn-cc-info-still-safe-no-unauthorized-activity-relating-to-sony/

Looking a bit brighter. Let's hope they get out of this rough sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation. ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation.   Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:17 pm

ZOMG, some dude somewhere knows my name! O.O Must. Sue. Company!
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation.   Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:19 pm

Angelus the Revenant wrote:

I don't think you understand. They have your address, credit card, etc.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation.   Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:35 pm

name, b-day, and social security is all need to steal someone's identity. Somebody has that now and people pay for that information...

I'm not too worried about me though because if someone wants to try to get a credit card or anything with my i.d. and my credit they'll get laughed at...
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation.   Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:36 pm

Pizzy3C wrote:
name, b-day, and social security is all need to steal someone's identity. Somebody has that now and people pay for that information...

I'm not too worried about me though because if someone wants to try to get a credit card or anything with my i.d. and my credit they'll get laughed at...

No one has your social security Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation. 725796345
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation.   Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 4:35 pm

With alot of people recycling the same email address and passwords for every internet based organization they use, hell yea it's a big deal. Hackers not also have access to people's PSN accounts but to other things like Paypal, facebook, etc.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation. 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation.   Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Alanski wrote:
With alot of people recycling the same email address and passwords for every internet based organization they use, hell yea it's a big deal. Hackers not also have access to people's PSN accounts but to other things like Paypal, facebook, etc.

In fact, if PSN goes back up and the hackers use the e-mail adress and password to get into one's PSN account, they can STILL get their credit card information.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation. XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation.   Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 4:43 pm

chobo500 wrote:
Alanski wrote:

In fact, if PSN goes back up and the hackers use the e-mail adress and password to get into one's PSN account, they can STILL get their credit card information.
I don't think so. I don't think PSN displays your credit card number, only the last four numbers. Hell, I don't think any service you put a credit card into shows the whole number.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation.   Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 4:48 pm

TRF wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
Alanski wrote:

I don't think so. I don't think PSN displays your credit card number, only the last four numbers. Hell, I don't think any service you put a credit card into shows the whole number.

This. Hackers will have to go through A LOT to use your credit card.

Also, according to this: http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/85856/psn-cc-info-still-safe-no-unauthorized-activity-relating-to-sony/ , your credit card info is safe.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation.   Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:25 pm

Who cares if they find your credit card number? Sony will reimburse you, they have to. And secondly, we find out who the hackers are.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation. ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation.   Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation. I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:27 pm

Sonji wrote:
Angelus the Revenant wrote:

I don't think you understand. They have your address, credit card, etc.

There's a slight possibility that they might have access to people's encoded credit card numbers. But it's not really something to worry about. Still, better safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation.   Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony gets sued for PSN outage and personal data compromisation.
Page 1 of 1