Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Microsoft Stops Charging Devs for Xbox 360 Patches.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Microsoft Stops Charging Devs for Xbox 360 Patches. Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft Stops Charging Devs for Xbox 360 Patches.   Microsoft Stops Charging Devs for Xbox 360 Patches. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 7:21 am

Microsoft has reportedly stopped charging developers to update their Xbox 360 games, according to a number of sources. Eurogamer reports that multiple developers have said Microsoft is no longer making them pay tens of thousands of dollars to patch their titles. Until recently, Microsoft made developers pay when submitting games for certification but would then offer one title update free of charge, before making them pay for any further re-certification. This is apparently no longer the case for both Xbox Live Arcade games and full retail games. The fee was originally introduced to try and discourage developers from releasing unfinished products that would require lots of updates. While Microsoft still reserves the right to charge any company deemed to be making excessive requests following a failed certification, the new normal is that no fees will be charged. wrote:

-IGN

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/27/microsoft-stops-charging-devs-for-xbox-360-patches
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Stops Charging Devs for Xbox 360 Patches.   Microsoft Stops Charging Devs for Xbox 360 Patches. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 12:21 pm

I didn't even know they did that. Atleast they changed it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Microsoft Stops Charging Devs for Xbox 360 Patches. TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Stops Charging Devs for Xbox 360 Patches.   Microsoft Stops Charging Devs for Xbox 360 Patches. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 12:28 pm

What? They charge devs for patches? Did Sony do that?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Microsoft Stops Charging Devs for Xbox 360 Patches. R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Stops Charging Devs for Xbox 360 Patches.   Microsoft Stops Charging Devs for Xbox 360 Patches. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 12:32 pm

To be fair, they only did that so they can discourage developers from releasing unfinished games.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Stops Charging Devs for Xbox 360 Patches.   Microsoft Stops Charging Devs for Xbox 360 Patches. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 12:36 pm

The reason they have probably dropped the fee is because of background updates
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Stops Charging Devs for Xbox 360 Patches.   Microsoft Stops Charging Devs for Xbox 360 Patches. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Stops Charging Devs for Xbox 360 Patches.
Page 1 of 1