Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official The Last of Us Thread

Go down 
+10
CernaMLD
Gutzahn
2Sugoi2Die
thebigmike1983
The_Biotic_God
Chobo
Orion
Bluenose
Mecha
RamboOnRedBull
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Chobo wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Teckno wrote:
But maybe it's just THAT good.

You do have a point that it might ultimately put our expectations so high that we feel dissapointed with the actual game. But we won't really be dissapointed, we'll still love it.

It's being called gaming's Citizen Kane...Yes I'm going to be disappointed.

Where is it being called that?

And why the hell would you believe such a stupid statement like that?

Empire.

I never said I believed it. If I did I wouldn't be contesting the claim.. I'm saying the reviews read more like advertisements.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:49 pm

Don't all reviews read like that now a days? But anyways, if alot of different outlets are saying it's good, it's most likely going to be good. I don't always get on the hype train, but when I do, i at least try to keep a level head and keep expectations in check. But if it got a 10 from Edge Magazine, that's got to be something.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:53 pm

I don't care much about review scores. A 10/10 to me does not have to be a perfect game. It's the content of the reviews that really rub me the wrong way. UC2 and UC3 were fairly average, albeit polished, games. I got burnt because I don't think they were worth the money.

The Last of Us looked, erm...still looks promising. But seeing the same Naughty Dog hypetrain surrounding it is starting to give me some doubt.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 5:02 pm

Alan is an xbot confirmed
#EXPOSED
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 5:07 pm

Back to top Go down
thebigmike1983
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt
thebigmike1983

Stature : 20
Chicago, I

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 8:19 pm

Be careful when you get the game tomorrow, this post states there's a possible autosave glitch, so save often.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1gapu6/warning_the_last_of_us_has_an_autosave_glitch/
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 4:18 am

Thank #ALLAH for bigmike
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 9:41 am

Padders, I saw you playing Last of Us on PSN last night mister!

How is it so far?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 10:05 am

It is half decent at best. Isn't all that cracked up to be.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 8:08 am

Ok, got the game and just started playing. Damn I love Naughty Dogs work. They are simply the best Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 2505020059

Don'T have muxh time todey, will probably marathon the game tomorrow or monday Razz
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 3:24 pm

Just finished the game. My god this game is damn near perfect.

9.8 out of 10

the reason I subtract 0.2 is because of some of the glitches I ran into while playing the game. But as Soon as those get patched, I'll raise the score to a 10.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 3:32 pm

I'm so hyped to get this game man.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:15 pm

Just finished the game. Daaammnnn.

You will not be dissappointet. Naughty Dog simply delivers. Production values are awesome as usual, and the story is simple but perfectly executed. It has so many of the cool things I always wished for in zombie-themed games and movies.

Playtime  (just how long it took me, could be a spoiler for some so im hiding it in here)
Spoiler:

Ps: My friend wanted to buy it today, so he visited 4 shops and called 3 additional shops, but they were all out of copies Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:23 pm

Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 7zbyrl10
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:38 pm

I found an easter Egg or two on the ride as well Razz
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:41 pm

JUSTIN BIEBER AS DRAKE

LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 2:01 pm

Bought the game yesterday, and so far, I'm fucking loving it! The AI of definitely could use some work. When Ellie walks right in front of a zombie or moves sporadically, it definitely destroys the realism.

BUT DAMN THAT BEGINNING OF THE GAME. Few minutes in and it already makes you attached when the tragedy happened.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 4:49 pm

Teckno wrote:
Bought the game yesterday, and so far, I'm fucking loving it! The AI of definitely could use some work. When Ellie walks right in front of a zombie or moves sporadically, it definitely destroys the realism.

BUT DAMN THAT BEGINNING OF THE GAME. Few minutes in and it already makes you attached when the tragedy happened.

Oh really? That early in the game? Goddamn I need to play this!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:12 pm

DAT ENDING. DAT ENDIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!! Trigger Happy
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 6:09 pm

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 11:03 pm

So I finally got The Last of Us and it's a great game. Great plot, excellent character development, beautiful graphics, and awesome game play.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 2:10 am

Sorry for the double post but I think I'll tackle some of the complaints from gamers about this game. So, let get started.

1. The A.I sucks. I rarely ran into this overblown "emersion breaker" (probably because I always made sure my NPC was close to me, and I can stealth like a badass thanks to Batman). I never tried running into or in front of enemies, but the problem is there and I somewhat agree, until I remembered the logic the games universe has. Human/Runners enemies won't attack if they don't know what they see (this logic comes from when you get the smoke bomb) and Clickers/Bloaters won't attack if you get lucky when they stop hearing noise. Then again the complaints come from your NPC partner, but how annoying would it have been to have Ellie get killed by ever enemy she encounters. Also this overblown "problem is in Uncharted as well.

2. They ripped off The Road and The Walking Dead (TellTales). Okay I have never seen or read The Road, so I'll let the people who seen it decide. Now The Last of Us is in no way shape or form like The Walking Dead. Just because they're in a post-apocalyptic world with zombies (or Clickers) with a NPC as a partner doesn't make them the same. In The Walking Dead, Clemintine is only used when you the story calls for it, you're usually with a grown up. In The Last of Us Ellie is actually there and for the majority of the story she is there kicking ass and helping Joel.

3. The gameplay is nothing new. I guess you can say that if you think gameplay is just shooting snd melee mechanics, but if you think that then you're just stupid. Gameplay includes everything that happens while playing right? Like the game not time pausing when you look in your bag, or when you're upgrading you weapons at a near by work bench. The basic gameplay maybe be familiar, but there is enough new mechanics to make it feel fresh.

4. The characters except Ellie have no character archs/character development. I first want to say this is bullshit. Each character in the story has a small arch. Joel has a great arch, even better than Ellie's in my opinion. He goes from being a caring father, to a ruthless killer who doesn't trust or care about anyone, to someone who starts caring and trusting, while being someone willing to do anything to survive. (I tried my best to keep it spoiler-less).

5. The game is linear and repetitive. Yes, you read that first one right. I've seen multiple videos on YouTube (most known user being Shokio) complain that a linear game is, well, linear. They say how you can't take alternate paths, and that the game not letting you make dialogue and choose character personality. One video says that the Walking Dead (TellTale's) has multiple outcomes (When that's total bullshit, every character that dies WILL die no matter what choices you make) so it's better. Then they say the whole finding a board/ladder/raft is repetitive because those are the only ways to fill in "path gaps" in a linear game that isn't trying to be open-world with free-roam. While you can explore said areas, it still is a linear game.

So in my conclusion ever since Uncharted 2, Naughty Dog has been the new thing for hipster gamers to hate.

P.S. I find it stupid when people compare Uncharted to The Last of Us just because they're made by Naughty Dog. Seriously people. It's like comparing The Avengers with The Dark Knight. It's not even apples to oranges, it's apples to bananas.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 6:56 am

Only seen the opening to the game. Seemed pretty predictable. Nothing all that "groundbreaking". 

Might give it a chance down the road, though.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 3:30 pm

One of the Best Games I have ever played and experienced.

It easily gets a 10/10 from me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 12:14 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official The Last of Us Thread   Official The Last of Us Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official The Last of Us Thread
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next