Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Werewolves in Bully

Go down 
+4
CornStar
Bluenose
Archduke
Orc
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Werewolves in Bully Empty
PostSubject: Werewolves in Bully   Werewolves in Bully I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:33 pm

You know how it is, game developers have certain ideas for a game but over time during development they strip stuff out.

Well I've been playing a bit of Bully recently and I can't help but notice many fantastic aspects of it.

The most noticable aspect is the alien abduction of the hobo. For the most part though, that appears to be the only really fantasy-esque feature of the game.

Or is it?

Many gamers posted videos on youtube discussing the possibility of werewolves in the game. And although there's been no evidence of werewolves in the game there are rumoured werewolf sightings in the game and of course, a lot of references.

For example, there's the werewolf mask you get after halloween in the game. Werewolves in Bully Werewo10 It has a scar on it's right eye (not shown in pic). The antagonist of the game also has a scar on his right eye. Also you never really see this character outside of cutscenes. Maybe an early concept was that this character was to be a werewolf?
Observe his eye: Werewolves in Bully Gary

Strangely, the character you play as passes out every night past midnight. Now, maybe if you hadn't slept for several days you may pass out but to pass out every day at the exact same time? Could it be that Jimmy Hopkins was meant to be a werewolf and was supposed to transform at that time? Perhaps...
Another notable thing is the way after you pass out, your shoes go missing. They are supposedly "robbed"... but doesn't this jog your memory to all those films in which during the lycanthropy process, the shoes of the soon-to-be-werewolf rip apart due to their growing body size (and probably the claws have something to do with this).

Those aren't the only references though. In the ending cutscene, the headmaster calls you a "lone wolf".
The title of the game was originally Canis Canem Edit Werewolves in Bully 00358125-photo-fiche-jeux-canis-canem-edit

Canis (and Canem) is latin for "dog". But why have the title in latin? Who knows... but in latin "canis" is often used as the word meaning "wolf" (aka: canis lupus).

There are also wolf howls occasionally heard in the game.

Another thing, if you go into the asylum, in a secret room there is a body container open without a body inside among other things but the most striking aspect are the xrays on the wall. One shows an xray of a strange looking skull. Although it's commonly percieved to be an alien, some believe it to be a werewolf skull.

Rumours involve a werewolf sighting on the school field but I think it's bullshit. But if you look past the scoreboard, to the rock behind, there's a formation that looks like claws and a wolf head in the middle.

So yeah, all coincidence or do you reckon there was originally meant to be a fantasy element to Bully? or do you just not give a fuck? Razz
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Werewolves in Bully   Werewolves in Bully I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:38 pm

I played this game back on PS2. The Dodgeball minigame was fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Werewolves in Bully   Werewolves in Bully I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:54 pm

Dude, you're like uber obsessed with werewolves. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
CornStar
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Werewolves in Bully   Werewolves in Bully I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 2:56 pm

What's with you and canines?
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Werewolves in Bully   Werewolves in Bully I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:15 pm

wow dude..you really are a wolf freak
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Werewolves in Bully   Werewolves in Bully I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:19 pm

Teckno wrote:
Dude, you're like uber obsessed with werewolves. Razz

Razz no, just wolves in general...but yes werewolves are fackin awesome too.
I actually have a wolf t shirt
Werewolves in Bully AAAAC-M4WgoAAAAAACEWug

But still, this is not about my obsession with wolves, this is about the possibility that Bully was meant to have fantasy aspects like wolves in the game before they were removed.

Quote :
wow dude..you really are a wolf freak

err urrm hurp durp yarrhhhghhghghdgyuhgfyudyghuoysgyoseuogfudysfyejsgfhjegfyiaolgfwgsfipeufioseuhgoe
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Werewolves in Bully   Werewolves in Bully I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 5:28 pm

Lykos you need help.
I would give u a dog but i think you might mistake it for a wolf and fuck its brains out
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Werewolves in Bully   Werewolves in Bully I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 5:34 pm

^
tis true.
I like donkeys too. 8====D ~~~~

Can we get this back on track now? You do realise this thread is entirely about fantasy in Bully that may have been removed and I just so happened to discuss werewolves as it's the most prominent example in the game!
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Werewolves in Bully   Werewolves in Bully I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 1:42 am

I love this kind of shit in video games. Especially the Bigfoot in San Andreas(who turned out to be fake).

Or the ghost cars. OOOooooOOOoooo.

However, I think this is fake as well. If there PICTURES I'd probably believe...

but you haven't provided any. Razz

In all honesty, I think they should add more "easter eggs" like this in video games. I came in my pants when I saw that hobo in Bully being carried by a spaceship.

It adds mystery to the world but also makes it somewhat real.

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Werewolves in Bully XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Werewolves in Bully   Werewolves in Bully I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 1:47 am

Werewolves in Bully Wear_this_hangover_one_man_wolfpack_t-shirt_01

Also, am I the only person that thought Bully was mediocre, especially for Rockstar?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Werewolves in Bully   Werewolves in Bully I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 12:44 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:
I love this kind of shit in video games. Especially the Bigfoot in San Andreas(who turned out to be fake).

Or the ghost cars. OOOooooOOOoooo.

However, I think this is fake as well. If there PICTURES I'd probably believe...

but you haven't provided any. Razz

In all honesty, I think they should add more "easter eggs" like this in video games. I came in my pants when I saw that hobo in Bully being carried by a spaceship.

It adds mystery to the world but also makes it somewhat real.

Finally someone who treats this thread seriously. Thanks bro.

Haha yeah it may well be fake but you know, there are alien references and such and a lot of these things found in the game seem to lead to the possibility that there was originally some werewolf related thing in the game. Hell, maybe not... but anything's possible.

lol so true about the mystery in the world, I like that, the way you think you understand the world but something happens and your entire perspective of it changes.

@ TRF yes you are the only one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Werewolves in Bully   Werewolves in Bully I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Werewolves in Bully
Page 1 of 1