Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3

Go down 
+3
NoelX2
Mecha
RamboOnRedBull
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 Empty
PostSubject: Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3   Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 8:47 am

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250972/rare-bringing-historic-franchise-to-the-xbox-one-reveal-at-e3/

Quote :
Microsoft Studios corporate vice president Phil Spencer has told Polygon that Rare will be bringing back an "historic" franchise for the Xbox One. The game will be shown at E3 this year and Spencer believes it will be important for the Xbox One's success.

"Fans of Rare and Rare IP I think will be pleased with what we're going to show at E3," said Spencer. "We had a limited amount of time today and a lot of story to tell. But Rare remains an incredibly important part of our development capability. That historic IP that they've built I think can play a real important role on Xbox One."

Microsoft purchased Rare 11 years ago and Microsoft gained the rights to Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, Killer Instinct, and Perfect Dark. Rare did release a Perfect Dark and Banjo-Kazooie title on the Xbox 360. Microsoft did renew the Killer Instinct trademark in September 2012.

Meanwhile, some time ago Microsoft renewed the Killer Instinct Trademark:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/04/killer-instinct-trademark-trouble-cleared-up/

Quote :
Microsoft and Fox have worked out their dispute over the Killer Instinct trademark, and basically promised not to sue each other. NeoGAF hosts a copy of the "trademark coexistence agreement" signed in late March, which lets both sides use the trademark as long as they don't get into each other's territory.

Microsoft will stay away from making a short-lived television show, while Fox will do its best not to make a new game in a franchise that hasn't seen a new installment since 1996.

This odd speed bump came up in September 2012 when Microsoft announced its intention to renew the trademark. Two months later, it became known that the trademark renewal was rejected due to Fox's trademark on the TV show. And no, it still doesn't mean a new Killer Instinct game is happening.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3   Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:21 am

Banjo-Kazooie 4
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3   Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:47 pm

>Implying that Nuts & Bolts is Banjo Threeie

Lolwhat.

The announcement might make me want the console.

KILLER INSTINCT 3.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3   Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:55 pm

Well Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Ballz was the third installment in the franchise, despite the change in gameplay.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3   Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 2:03 pm

Mecha wrote:
Well Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Ballz was the third installment in the franchise, despite the change in gameplay.

It was also a spin-off instead of a direct sequel, despite being the third in the franchise.

Calling Nutz & Bolts "Banjo-Kazooie 3" is as accurate as calling Jak X for "Jak 4". Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3   Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 2:15 pm

>implying rare doesn't suck ass anyway
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3   Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 1:45 am

Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 20130611

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/04/banjo-kazooie-4-mirrors-edge-2-top-xbox-one-e3-list-rumour/

Told you, Noel and Rambo :-)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3   Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 4:21 am

banjo lol

so historic

Xbone confirmed for nogames.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3   Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 5:56 am

Grabbed by the ghoulies kinect.

Also that leak looks fake as hell.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3   Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 9:04 am

Yeah, I'm with Toxic on that one. It looks fake as shit.

Also, LMAO @ Halo 5 this E3. No fucking way will that happen. Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 725796345
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3   Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:21 am

I'm willing to bet they'll announce Halo 5 at E3 :-)
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3   Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:25 am

They might. They actually might. Razz

However, you failed. Your own link has "Killer Instinct" listed as an Xbox game as well. So we were both right. I love you
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3   Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:59 am

Blix? The cat with the hoover? I always loved that game
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3   Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 2:26 pm

I think Mecha was referring to Banko Kazooie 4, being the official 4th game in the franchise.

I call bullshit. Fable 4 should not be on that list.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3   Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 2:30 pm

Mecha wrote:

That might be the big surprise that Microsoft promised us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

PostSubject: Re: Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3   Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 9:35 pm

This list is fake. The Banjo icon has been made up years ago.

Rare could bring out three games (Seeing as Rare has three teams), but I think there's going to be two at E3.

The historic franchise could be either Killer Instinct or Banjo Threeie. Killer Instinct because the trademark has renewed recently (Games could get renewed even when the game is done), or Banjo Threeie because it's Rare's most well known franchise, but since it's "historic," Banjo doesn't fit well (I assume historic means haven't been touched upon in a long time).

The next game is a new IP.

Quote :
Kinect Sports, Banjo Kazooie and Goldeneye developer Rare is working on a new "Action/Adventure or FPS" game for Microsoft's yet-to-be-announced next console, according to a new recruitment ad (via Superannuation).

The ad is seeking a "Senior Product Manager who will be responsible for multiple AAA future console releases," suggesting Rare could have multiple titles in the works for the Next Xbox already.

"Whilst continual development of their core releases will be maintained, the successful candidate will be joining at a time where the studio is looking to move into new areas and develop new IPs for future platforms," reads the ad.

"You will have a successful history of releasing exceptional AAA games and these will ideally be in the Action/Adventure or FPS genre."

Is Rare looking to return to create something more mature than the Kinect and Avatar-themed projects it's worked on in recent years under Microsoft?

Sounds like it. We've dropped Rare an email for comment.

Yesterday, a job ad similarly revealed that Lionhead is also looking to create an MMO-style game for a future platform.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1378960/goldeneye_dev_rare_developing_new_action_ip_for_xbox_720_report.html

I want an action-adventure game. Something similar to Jet Force Gemini, or maybe Battletoads.

The third game could be either a new Banjo or a new Perfect Dark. I'm going with Banjo.

I've had a vibe since the historic franchise comment was made that Banjo will also appear at E3.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3   Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Teckno wrote:
Mecha wrote:

That might be the big surprise that Microsoft promised us.

That would be the equivalent of getting "surprise" socks at Xmas, we have LOADS of them, and different types/colours/material, give us fucking something exciting, auntie!!
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3   Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 12:44 pm

PLZ BE BANJO & KAZOOIE!PLZ BE BANJO & KAZOOIE!PLZ BE BANJO & KAZOOIE!PLZ BE BANJO & KAZOOIE!PLZ BE BANJO & KAZOOIE!PLZ BE BANJO & KAZOOIE!PLZ BE BANJO & KAZOOIE!PLZ BE BANJO & KAZOOIE!PLZ BE BANJO & KAZOOIE!PLZ BE BANJO & KAZOOIE!PLZ BE BANJO & KAZOOIE!PLZ BE BANJO & KAZOOIE!PLZ BE BANJO & KAZOOIE!PLZ BE BANJO & KAZOOIE!PLZ BE BANJO & KAZOOIE!PLZ BE BANJO & KAZOOIE!PLZ BE BANJO & KAZOOIE!PLZ BE BANJO & KAZOOIE!PLZ BE BANJO & KAZOOIE!PLZ BE BANJO & KAZOOIE!PLZ BE BANJO & KAZOOIE!PLZ BE BANJO & KAZOOIE!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3   Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 12:16 pm

Update: It's Kinect Sports Rivals, for the Xbox One.

Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 1443829230 :lol!: :areyoufuckingk :lolguy:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3   Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 12:24 pm

what could it be?

UPDATE - NEW CONKERS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3   Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rare bringing "Historic" Franchise to Xbox One, Reveal at E3
Page 1 of 1