Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Xbox One will be region-locked

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Xbox One will be region-locked R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Xbox One will be region-locked Empty
PostSubject: Xbox One will be region-locked   Xbox One will be region-locked I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 12:07 pm

Xbox One will be region-locked 20130511

Quote :
In news that ought to surprise absolutely nobody, Microsoft has confirmed that the Xbox One will be region-locked, meaning you can’t buy games internationally and expect them to work on a console purchased in your home territory.

Speaking with Digital Trends, a Microsoft spokesperson confirmed that Xbox One will continue the tradition of region locking laid down by the Xbox and Xbox 360.

“Similar to the movie and music industry, games must meet country-specific regulatory guidelines before they are cleared for sale,” the representative said.

“We will continue to work with our partners to follow these guidelines with Xbox One.”

Microsoft isn’t alone in this policy; all Nintendo consoles to date have also been region-locked. The PSOne and PS2 were region-locked, but the PS3 and Vita are not, although individual developers and publishers may choose to enforce a region lock if they wish; very few have taken advantage.

Sony has so far demurred on the question of whether the PlayStation 4 will follow suit, with SCE Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida saying only that he has an answer, but is not ready to give it yet – which could mean anything.

Thanks, GameInformer.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One will be region-locked   Xbox One will be region-locked I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 12:09 pm

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy

No Japanese shmups for me
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Xbox One will be region-locked StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One will be region-locked   Xbox One will be region-locked I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 8:02 am

Well that sucks... if I was into shmups.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One will be region-locked   Xbox One will be region-locked I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:46 pm

The 360 was always region locked, but some developers made it possible to play JAP games on the 360.

I hope there are shmups on the console.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Xbox One will be region-locked R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One will be region-locked   Xbox One will be region-locked I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 12:19 pm

Xbox One will be region-locked Ps4_wi10

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/11/ps4-will-be-region-free-for-games-sony-exec-suggests/
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One will be region-locked   Xbox One will be region-locked I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 2:08 pm

Mecha wrote:
Xbox One will be region-locked Ps4_wi10

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/11/ps4-will-be-region-free-for-games-sony-exec-suggests/

I knew you would do that, just to add salt to that Xbox wound. Xbox One will be region-locked 725796345
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One will be region-locked   Xbox One will be region-locked I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox One will be region-locked
Page 1 of 1