Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]

Go down 
+11
TheRealTahmid
UltraZFury
Hydell
igame
Archduke
Jack the Spectre
TheJubJub5721
ArchAngel
Mikenuge
Stoney
Orc
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] Empty
PostSubject: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:49 am

It's evident on games like Call Of Duty, when you have those people who camp obsessively just to get those numbers at the end of the game. Rather than explore the map and have equal chances of dying as opponents, they stay in the same place just because they want the high score. Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] 1443829230
It's led me to believe that most shooting game fans aren't true gamers, they are just trying to get an online street-cred Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] 725796345

That's the way I see it.

Of course, not everyone who likes shooting games is like that but in general, would you agree or disagree?
Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] 21888

Also, while we are on this topic, to you what makes a game a game?
To me it's the immersion, a verisimilitude, another world I can feel I'm in. :)
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:28 pm

I know quite a few people who just buy shooters, primarily CoD games and they are NOT gamers. You would never see them play a Fable, Elder Scrolls, Uncharted or Mass Effect type game. They just play FPS's and I really don't see the appeal of sticking to one genre, especially when it's such a shallow genre at that.

So I say sort of. Not fair to generalize all FPS fans as non-gamers.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:54 pm

I like shooters..... ? So im not a gamer GTFO !
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 2:43 pm

A gamer is someone who plays video games.Casual or not.Shooters or not

THEY ARE GAMERS people...........
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:15 pm

Zeratul wrote:
A gamer is someone who plays video games.Casual or not.Shooters or not

THEY ARE GAMERS people...........

You know what they mean...

But I am a fan of shooters, and I consider myself a gamer. But if you are one of those people that only play Halo and CoD then no, I wouldn't consider them gamers.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:22 pm

Of course they are gamers. Zeratul is absolutely right. If you play games, you're a gamer. They're just not as diverse in their tastes, nothing wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:29 pm

Ah, well it's very easy to call someone just a gamer. Of course, I must have been a gamer when I was a toddler because I played minesweeper on a computer. But really, I mean that these guys don't play games to appreciate the gameplay. They do it for the scores. How is it fun to remain dormant throughout the entire match except to do the odd kniving or noobtubing here and there?
Real gamers don't do that, gamers accept occasional challenges. Okay, it's not just shooter fans but camping shooter fans (and also shooter fans who don't appreciate other genres, they just like the more mindless ones).

I agree with what Stoney says.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:52 pm

Lykos wrote:
Ah, well it's very easy to call someone just a gamer. Of course, I must have been a gamer when I was a toddler because I played minesweeper on a computer. But really, I mean that these guys don't play games to appreciate the gameplay. They do it for the scores. How is it fun to remain dormant throughout the entire match except to do the odd kniving or noobtubing here and there?
Real gamers don't do that, gamers accept occasional challenges. Okay, it's not just shooter fans but camping shooter fans (and also shooter fans who don't appreciate other genres, they just like the more mindless ones).

lolwut

They wouldn't be going for the scores if they didn't enjoy the game, and there's nothing wrong with going for scores.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:01 pm

TRF wrote:
Lykos wrote:

lolwut

They wouldn't be going for the scores if they didn't enjoy the game, and there's nothing wrong with going for scores.

Yes there is, it's incredibly stupid. It's not fun.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:02 pm

Lykos wrote:
TRF wrote:
Lykos wrote:

lolwut

Yes there is, it's incredibly stupid. It's not fun.
Many people find it fun to go for scores in games. I do it if I like a game enough. Nothing wrong with it.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:45 pm

If your a Cock of Duty gamer, then yes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:56 pm

NFLPS3fan43 wrote:
If your a Cock of Duty gamer, then yes.

Yeah i agree.

the title should be called 'Are most COD players true gamers'

I play BC2, KZ2, CS:S all good FPSs and some of you play Halo
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:07 am

They are gamers that like shooters, thats how i see it.

Last edited by igame on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:19 am

If they play absolutely nothing but call of duty then i wouldnt consider them a proper gamer...just a frag head that buys on game.

They could at least play better FPS like Battlefield.
Back to top Go down
UltraZFury
Merchant
Merchant
UltraZFury

Stature : 1
Australia
Playing : Maxed out

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:26 am

I play games more for fun then score and I think everyone should really.

But I really get annoyed on NFS Shift online, no one drives like they would in real life. If you're at a corner and there's someone behind you, you are bound to get smashed and spun out. Its like bumper cars and I wouldn't consider that playing fairly. :/
Back to top Go down
http://ultrazfury.cz.cc
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:45 pm

There is no such thing as a "True gamer".There are just many types of gamers.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:52 pm

Zeratul wrote:
There is no such thing as a "True gamer".There are just many types of gamers.

Ermm.. what about this, they're lame gamers? Razz
Back to top Go down
TheRealTahmid
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
TheRealTahmid

Stature : 0

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:22 pm

u play video games for a hobby, gamer
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Of course they are. Just cause we don't like their style does not mean they aren't gamers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:54 pm

If you just play games like CoD you are a fraghead, the shitty type of gamer. Happy?
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:54 pm

Who gives a shit?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 11:30 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
Who gives a shit?

True statement is true.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 4:51 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Who gives a shit?

True statement is true.

+1

Sorry, this was a rather ill-thought out topic Razz
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:32 pm

Lykos wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Who gives a shit?

True statement is true.

+1

Sorry, this was a rather ill-thought out topic Razz
Don't make me pull up some Republic threads written by you. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:13 pm

Fail thread?

Ofcourse they are gamers.

Just very shallow ones...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]   Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are Shooter Fans Not Real Gamers? [LOCKED]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next