Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why are movies being released in Europe first?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Why are movies being released in Europe first? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Why are movies being released in Europe first? Empty
PostSubject: Why are movies being released in Europe first?   Why are movies being released in Europe first? I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:11 am

That's bullshit! They are American produced films, yet they get released here the states way later. Why not release them at the same time? Worst part is that spoilers spread to us Americans who haven't seen the film yet. Now I can't go to IMDb anymore. :eww:
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Why are movies being released in Europe first? StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Why are movies being released in Europe first?   Why are movies being released in Europe first? I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:27 am

Movies in most European countries are released on Thursdays and correct me if I'm wrong the US is usually on a Friday or Saturday.

Most mainstream movie producers are probably starting to license their movies early in Europe to avoid a long delay.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Why are movies being released in Europe first? Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Why are movies being released in Europe first?   Why are movies being released in Europe first? I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:31 am

'Cause even the American film studios know that we're more important. Deal with it. 8)
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Why are movies being released in Europe first? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Why are movies being released in Europe first?   Why are movies being released in Europe first? I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 3:29 pm

Generally it's been the case that hyping the film up by releasing it to Europeans first will yield a much more profitable worldwide gross.

It's not all films though. A lot of the Oscar films are released later in other countries. Django Unchained and even The King's Speech were released later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why are movies being released in Europe first?   Why are movies being released in Europe first? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why are movies being released in Europe first?
Page 1 of 1