Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics

Go down 
+9
The Enkindler
Bipolar
Bluenose
NoelX2
Mecha
Chobo
Orion
Based Sonji
Orc
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics Empty
PostSubject: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 11:35 am

If it wasn't for us and our comics you wouldn't have Raimi's Spider-Man, Del-Toro's Hellboy, Vaughn's Kick Ass.

You also wouldn't have the Spider-Man game, The Darkness games, the Prototype games and basically any other game inspired by comics.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 11:59 am

So, basically, we wouldn't have 2 decent things and various other mehhh things? I think I can live without it.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:00 pm

Ok Sad

EDIT:

Also PS3 players wouldn't have had the comic replacement for Mass Effect :lolguy:
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:02 pm

U wouldn't have Marvel Vs Calvin or Batman TAS, or various other great comic inspired stuff like Spectacular Spiderman, the Spawn cartoon and a whole other bunch of cartoons. Don't forget the Halloween costumes bitch. And the films.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:06 pm

We're not bitching about comics, we're bitching about you guys foaming at the mouth to comics. Most people here don't give a shit about the medium and can't get into it. That's what the TV shows and movies are for.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:14 pm

Klarion wrote:
U wouldn't have Marvel Vs Calvin or Batman TAS, or various other great comic inspired stuff like Spectacular Spiderman, the Spawn cartoon and a whole other bunch of cartoons. Don't forget the Halloween costumes bitch. And the films.

Oh yeah and all the action figures, and TDK and TDKR which people here seem to love. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 2:14 pm

Lets not forget about The Walking Dead as well.

BTW Chobo, comics are done much much better than movies and television.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 2:25 pm

It's not even about that. It's about how annoying you guys are (No offense).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 2:31 pm

You guys read new 52 Wonder Woman? at first i hated WW and thought she was lame, ever since i started reading it its been my fav DC book, also Orion is in it!
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 3:04 pm

Once again, I DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE MEDIUM!
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 3:12 pm

stay on topic chobo
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 3:31 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
It's not even about that. It's about how annoying you guys are (No offense).

(offense included)
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Bipolar
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
Bipolar

Stature : 11
Summoner's Rift
Playing : League Of Legends

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 3:34 pm

I don't care one way or the other.

I've seen some batman and spiderman movies, watched iron man 1 and 2, will probably go see ironman 3 in theaters. ive played marvel vs capcom 3 fate of two worlds.

i dont have to read comics to have those things and if you enjoy comics? then good for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/forum
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 5:04 pm

What you guys fail to realize is the movies and cartoons don't give you the whole story like comic books do. Not only that, but comics have more mature themes and are funny as fuck at the same time. Especially when it comes to Marvel comics. And if you still don't care then GTFO! You can't call yourself a fan and still disrespect the actual source material like that.
Back to top Go down
Bipolar
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
Bipolar

Stature : 11
Summoner's Rift
Playing : League Of Legends

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 5:13 pm

I'm not saying I'm a fan. I can watch movies and simply not give a fuck who made it, when it came out or how it got its roots. And when I play MvC3, I tend to use capcom characters anyway lool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/forum
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 5:21 pm

You know, if you enjoy comics, fine, go ahead, we're not telling you what we can and can't like, but you guys can't either. If we don't want to read comics WE DON'T HAVE TO. Spider man, Batman, Superman, and many other characters are media icons now. They have Animated TV shows, movies, video games, we don't NEED comics to have a good experience. I'm not saying I hate comics, They're just not for me. And seeing as Many Comic book stories have been adapted into other mediums, that great! People who don't want to read comics can get enjoyment elsewhere. The more you try and bully me into reading comic's, the less I will want to. You guys aren't setting a good example for yourselves.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 5:33 pm

I prefer the cartoons and the movies.
GET @ ME!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 6:36 pm

Get at you? For having an opinion? Lolnothanks.jpeg
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 1:14 pm

Chobo wrote:
You know, if you enjoy comics, fine, go ahead, we're not telling you what we can and can't like, but you guys can't either. If we don't want to read comics WE DON'T HAVE TO. Spider man, Batman, Superman, and many other characters are media icons now. They have Animated TV shows, movies, video games, we don't NEED comics to have a good experience. I'm not saying I hate comics, They're just not for me. And seeing as Many Comic book stories have been adapted into other mediums, that great! People who don't want to read comics can get enjoyment elsewhere. The more you try and bully me into reading comic's, the less I will want to. You guys aren't setting a good example for yourselves.

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics Civil-10

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics Iron-m10

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics Cable_11

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics Uncann11

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics Secret10

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics World_10

Yep, no need to read comics at all.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 1:18 pm

Mecha, are you retarded? you completely missed he point of EVERYTHING he said....
Also the last comic u posted is shit
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 1:26 pm

Mecha raises a good point.

Many of the people who enjoy Iron Man, Spider-Man and Batman films tend to love the characters themselves, tend to get obsessed. I know this to definitely be the case with the Dark Knight films.

Yet really the films just give you a tiny segment of the story. A meager fraction of it.
Here is a list of just the AMAZING Spider-Man comics
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Amazing_Spider-Man_issues

Not even including all the variations. Taking the film Amazing Spider-Man... the narrative in that spans about 3 or 4 comics.

-one where he gets his powers
-one with the lizard
-one with his relationship with gwen
-maybe one about discovering his parents

Considering there are several thousand Amazing Spider-Man comics, it is safe to say, we are never even going to see 1/10th of them made into films. Comic readers get so much more.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 1:37 pm

Just because you like spidey doesn't mean u need to read the comics, imo the cartoon Spectacular Spider-man did a much better representation of spider-man as a whole than the comics and took the best bits of all the dif spidey's and put them together to produce a masterpiece
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 1:46 pm

You miss the whole point of what Lykos said. It's not just about the characters, but the stories themselves. Spectacular Spider-Man was a good representation of the character, yes. But there is still a shit load of stories that haven't been adapted yet. And I don't think we'll ever see all of those stories adapted into film or animation.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 2:36 pm

The very fact that the comic guys are bitching at the rest of us shows why we don't care for comics. We created the fucking comic section because you infantile mongs kept bitching for it so we made it hoping you would finally leave us alone. But no. Over time it started spilling into other sections indirectly (see spidermans fucking endless drama) and this just made us hate comics even more.

Always the same shit HURR DURR ITZ NAHT LOYAL TO TEH KAWMIX. Nobody cares...but you. If you seriously think Directors are going to follow every minor fucking detail in a comic then you need to bring yourself back to reality. The film would be a tangled mess of sub-plots, back stories and other shit that would over-run the film by several hours.

You can have all the deep backstory, character development and super-cool dildo wielding heroes you want...most of us will continue to not care about comics and all the bullying/whining at us to do so isn't going to make any fucking difference.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Supreme God Hydell wrote:

Always the same shit HURR DURR ITZ NAHT LOYAL TO TEH KAWMIX. Nobody cares...but you. If you seriously think Directors are going to follow every minor fucking detail in a comic then you need to bring yourself back to reality. The film would be a tangled mess of sub-plots, back stories and other shit that would over-run the film by several hours.

Actually, as I mentioned above, practically everything in Amazing Spider-Man the film is found in about 3 or 4 comics, so not much more than 80 pages, and considering the comics contain less than half the text on a page you'd find in a book, lets make that 40 pages. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone as an example is 309 pages. I do not think that film was too long, and for the most part it was pretty faithful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why G7 should quit bitching about comics   Why G7 should quit bitching about comics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why G7 should quit bitching about comics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next