Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece)

Go down 
+4
Chobo
Orion
yonny616
The Enkindler
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) Empty
PostSubject: The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece)   The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 11:52 am

I felt like doing a rant about something so eventually i decided to go with the three most controversial anime out there known as the big three. And no this is not going to be a rant about how these anime suck balls and how all obsecure anime are automaticly better. So let's get this rant started.

As a child i always loved to watch stuff like DBZ, Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon and even some more lesser known child anime such as Medabots, eventually this love for anime stuck with me and i broadened my horizon as i grew older varying from badass action to mushy romance, as i joined the anime community it was inevitable that i eventually came across the big three popular shounens in the west known as Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. These anime being so popular and controversial that they became the anime equivalent of what Call of Duty is for gaming today with fans praising it as the anime descended from the heavens or the haters condemning it for ruining the anime community.

So eventually i had no choice but to watch these anime to see what the fanboys are talking about, and after watching all three i just don't get it. I just really don't get why these three anime of all managed to spark such controversy and cults equivalent to the console wars. Don't get me wrong neither of these three are terrible but they are far from perfect.

Naruto starts out as the underdog story of a ninja looking to be the next leader of his village. At the beginning it was a nice light-hearted anime but eventually resorted to an edgy wannabe anti-hero trying to be dark and fights consisting of who can make the biggest sand clouds.

Bleach explores the story of a teenager who suddenly got jumped into the job of being a Shinigami. While it started out great it overstayed it's welcome after episode 63 with inconsistent powerlevels, pointless arcs and so many characters unwilling to be killed off that there is barely room for character development.

One Piece focusses on a young pirate who wants to become the pirate king and is without a doubt the most unique and most praised out of the three with a massive lore and unique setting but like other shounens is dumbed down by unbalanced arcs ranking from amazing to useless. And is also starting to overstay it's welcome with it's ending predicted to be concluded at the time Half-Life 3 will be released.

So yes these anime are not terrible by any means they are clearly flawed and has a shitload of competition within the same genre that deserve the same praise if not even more than these three.

Just to name a few that i (personally) find superior over these three are: Hajime no Ippo, Fate/Zero, Full Metal Alchemist, Hellsing Ultimate, Darker than Black, Gurren Lagann, To aru Majutsu no Index, Baccano and Durarara. These anime have achieved and done everything that the big three also did in a much shorter timespan. And now i'm not even talking about anime primarily based around story such as Code Geass, Bakemonogatari and Aoi Bungaku.

In the end i see these anime as Call of Duty, not a terrible series by any means but they seriously overstayed their welcome and spawned a cult of close-minded fanboys refusing to try the thousands of other anime, the worst part of that fanbase is that they are the gateway for more people to get into anime which is definitely not a good rolemodel.

/end rant
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece)   The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 12:16 pm

I agree with the Unbalanced Arcs in One Piece, though most of them are Filler-Arcs that sometimes happen if the Anime catches up with the manga.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece)   The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 12:26 pm

well said
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece)   The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 1:09 pm

Big three? Bleach shouldn't be on there as a "big three". Sure it was popular during its time, but now-a-days, I don't hear people talk about it. One Piece and Naruto on the other hand I do hear a lot of.

Oh and Fullmetal Alchemist = best anime.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece)   The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 2:24 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Big three? Bleach shouldn't be on there as a "big three". Sure it was popular during its time, but now-a-days, I don't hear people talk about it. One Piece and Naruto on the other hand I do hear a lot of.

fma is shit, death note and code geass shits on it
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece)   The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:04 pm

Yeah, The arcs in One piece can be a bit long. My god, Thriller Bark was a chore just to get through. And what was the point of it? Yeah we got Brook, but what was so important about that arc that needed it to be so long?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece)   The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:05 pm

I skipped skypiea and thriller bark.
Ace's Execution Arc and CP9 Arc were best
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece)   The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 5:55 pm

I dont watch any of the big three. There are so many anime out there that look more interesting to me.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece)   The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 6:32 pm

ITT: People who don't actually read any of these.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece)   The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 7:59 pm

I watch Bleach until the first filler arc started. If it remember correctly it was something to do with vampires. It felt really out of place and decided to drop the series half way through that arc.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece)   The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 10:07 pm

Klarion wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

fma is shit, death note and code geass shits on it
:fuckthat:
The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) H96D1D972
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece)   The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 9:40 am

I still like Naruto, to a degree at least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece)   The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The big three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece)
Page 1 of 1