Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

New Disk Format holds up to 10GB of data

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

New Disk Format holds up to 10GB of data Empty
PostSubject: New Disk Format holds up to 10GB of data   New Disk Format holds up to 10GB of data I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:03 pm

http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/04/11/new-xbox-360-format-disc-can-carry-up-to-10gb-of-data/
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: New Disk Format holds up to 10GB of data   New Disk Format holds up to 10GB of data I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 4:29 pm

It's not 10 GB. They just freed up the space used by the piracy partition. The full size of a DVD-DL disc is 7.95 GB.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: New Disk Format holds up to 10GB of data   New Disk Format holds up to 10GB of data I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 4:57 pm

THE FINAL NAIL IN BLU RAYS COFFIN!!!!!

Razz
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

New Disk Format holds up to 10GB of data 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: New Disk Format holds up to 10GB of data   New Disk Format holds up to 10GB of data I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 5:19 pm

Hopefully, this should prevent newer games from stretching 2 disks if it's just a little over, like Mass Effect 2.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: New Disk Format holds up to 10GB of data   New Disk Format holds up to 10GB of data I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 6:52 pm

chobo500 wrote:
Hopefully, this should prevent newer games from stretching 2 disks if it's just a little over, like Mass Effect 2.

Multiple disks were never an issue to me really... of course 1 disk is preferable but it's not a necessity really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Disk Format holds up to 10GB of data   New Disk Format holds up to 10GB of data I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Disk Format holds up to 10GB of data
Page 1 of 1